What is the dumbest thing you have ever done in game?

Started by ianmartin, July 01, 2011, 10:22:38 PM

Not thinking before I post to the GDB.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

walk into a room filled with muddy logs thinking I'd hit the jackpot.
Quote from: Cutthroat on August 22, 2009, 10:57:13 PMSo Eunoli Winrothol, Samos Rennik, and Thrain Ironsword walk into a bar. The Red Fang bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of my bar."

Quote from: askaran on September 13, 2011, 08:55:35 AM
walk into a room filled with muddy logs thinking I'd hit the jackpot.

ROOOOOOOOOOOOFL.

... ... Seriously that's ok. I've been had similar moments.

"Hey a dune rising up out of the sand!"
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I forgot about that one! That was waaay fun! lol
Quote from: Cutthroat on August 22, 2009, 10:57:13 PMSo Eunoli Winrothol, Samos Rennik, and Thrain Ironsword walk into a bar. The Red Fang bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of my bar."

psi Oh my god this guy is taking me across the desert to kill me help!

(he took me across Nak to put me in the Byn, my first PC haha)
"Bring out the gorgensplat!"

This is something I managed to do a number of times back in the day.  I had a really crappy phone modem (dating this a bit), and it would shut me out a lot.  Knowing my modem was acting up, I'd go for runs as desert elf pcs.  It is very likely the leading cause of losing most of my desert elves, and it took getting a better connection to nix the issue.:P
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

The funny part is the "my god"

A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Funniest thing is he took me across town from the Gaj to the Byn compound in a sand storm hahaha.
"Bring out the gorgensplat!"

I was pretty tired and Arming anyway, our pcs where sparring when:

The tall muscular man stops fighting you.

>cease

Ok.

You slash the tall muscular man very hard on his body.

>cease

Ok.

You slash the tall muscular man on his head, wounding him.

>disengage

You stop fighting the tall muscular man.

A couple others start getting pissed at my character.

>bug The disengage command wouldn't work I had to put it in a few times before it stopped.

OOC, to myself: Man...that was weird. Never had that happen before when trying to use the disengage command. ....the disengage command. Huh....*scrolls back up* *facepalm*
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."
~ Doug Larson

"I tried regular hot sauce, but it just wasn't doing the trick, so I started blasting my huevos with BEAR MACE."
~Synthesis

Assume random room echoes were staff echoes and running with them.

Actually, maybe that's not so dumb :)
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

Exiting the room without checking "flying" status.
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Not run.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

> l pepper

This pepper is long, and pepper-like

> Sniff pepper

Wow, that smells strong!

> Eat pepper

Ok, your mouths on fire

>Drink skin

But, it's empty?

>l
The middle of nowhere, civilization is a memory on the horizion
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Quote from: Riev on August 18, 2011, 10:37:06 PM
I can't believe I borrowed a large from an Arabeti, so I could pay Kadius for THE MOST WONDERFUL CUSHY CHAIR EVER, just so I could pull it up to tables and bars and sit in comfort.

I think that chair is still around, too. Talk about one hell of a character flaw, being lazy enough to want comfy chairs. So goddamned hilarious. I'll never have another.

Hah! I remember that.  I was so surprised you paid me back :-p

One dumb thing I've done, and there have been many, was taking my rinthi to the north and then calling the questioning templar some very mean names and then blatently telling her I could take on her guards.
"The weather today is partly suspicious with a chance of betrayal." - Chuck Palahniuk, Diary: a Novel

Taking a long lived, fairly well known Whiran into Tuluk for a two minute trade for a mul that couldn't enter the city. :(

Also... thinking I could live through it.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

When, somehow, by combination of keystrokes, I hit the 'auto-say' button on Mushclient and then project all thoughts, feelings, emotes, and even says as ... says. :( It happens more frequently than I'd like to admit.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on September 19, 2011, 04:37:20 AM
Taking a long lived, fairly well known Whiran into Tuluk for a two minute trade for a mul that couldn't enter the city. :(

Also... thinking I could live through it.

I landed in Tuluk once with a Whiran.

>think What is this place?

>think OH SHIT!

>u
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: boog on September 19, 2011, 07:21:12 AM
When, somehow, by combination of keystrokes, I hit the 'auto-say' button on Mushclient and then project all thoughts, feelings, emotes, and even says as ... says. :( It happens more frequently than I'd like to admit.
oh my god this all the time

once my PC (a slave) was standing by some nobles and a templar's feck-buddyused  and I used say instead of think to talk about how boring the whole conversation was.   :o
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

Hide

Look Blue
*random desc of a blue-eyed dwarf*

Steal coins Dwarf

The Magnificently shaped blue-eyed templar has arrived from the south trailed by many guards.
Malifaxis has UBER board skills

September 22, 2011, 09:48:33 PM #221 Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 09:50:37 PM by Jingo
I was duped by the plainsman into thinking he was an imm animated templar. He proceeded to destroy my character's political career and reveal my character to be a magicker.

I had fun. But goddamn I should have seen it.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Quote from: ianmartin on September 22, 2011, 11:13:11 AM
Hide

Look Blue
*random desc of a blue-eyed dwarf*

Steal coins Dwarf

The Magnificently shaped blue-eyed blue robed templar has arrived from the south trailed by many guards.

This is maybe the fifth dumbest thing I've done.

"Congradulations, Cindy-analogue, you're hired. We're in Allanak. Guess what, we're relocating to Tuluk and we want you to go."

"Yay!"

"Remember, you have a necklace with Tektolnes's face on it. Tulukis no like."

"Should I throw it away?"
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: MeTekillot on September 21, 2011, 07:05:57 PM
Quote from: boog on September 19, 2011, 07:21:12 AM
oh my god this all the time

I wish it were possible to delete this feature from the program.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.