What is the dumbest thing you have ever done in game?

Started by ianmartin, July 01, 2011, 10:22:38 PM

Quote from: Kronibas on July 27, 2011, 06:40:23 PM
While playing a Kuraci agent, I loaded up a bunch of folks and went to the deserted mul outpost to try to make an alliance with them.

When they asked what I had to offer them, my character ripped apart a bag, spilling spice all over the place.

After that, the muls were less keen on trading and more keen on murdering us all and taking the wagon as well as the spice.

I'll never forget Cowboy's golden line during that scene:  "mul on board"

I remember that mission.  I remember the feeling of my sack shrinking when the argosy started to rock back and forth.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

this is when i had no idea what kryl were and had just come back from a break, before which kryl didn't exist, and i was under the impression that every mob within three rooms of tuluk was a pansy.

>l n

>n

>kill kryl
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

I think I might'a trusted someone once... Once upon a time.

> think (oocly) Journeyman hide is probably good enough for me to go take a leak real quick.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Is that my dryer? *goes to open and close the door*

Oh ARM went down again

reconnect

Damnit >.>

I remember someone driving a Kuraci argosy off the shield wall.  I think its still down there somewhere.  I can't remember who did that, but it was basically the most awesome thing I've ever seen.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: LauraMars on July 31, 2011, 03:23:34 AM
I remember someone driving a Kuraci argosy off the shield wall.  I think its still down there somewhere.  I can't remember who did that, but it was basically the most awesome thing I've ever seen.
I have been in a Muarki wagon when it has fallen in a certain infamous hole. I got to help them evacuate it, break it down, fill it with explosive powder, and explode it. It was a good day.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

While out on the grasslands, first few weeks of playing...

You drink water from a wooden barrel.

Some woman says, "You brought out a -barrel- of water?"

Me, "Yeah, want some?"
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

I played a Borsail noble that got hooked on spice. I ordered my trusty Corporal to bring me to Luirs because I needed to get high. I went in disguise, which was really just taking off my ring and riding with my hood up. We crossed paths with two other travellers, who I think ended up travelling with us. I was terrified Mr. Borsail would get recognized. Made it to Luirs. Did a lot of spice. Overdosed.

Also, I stored Agameth.

Quote from: Kankman on August 03, 2011, 12:19:03 PM
Also, I stored Agameth.

I think that's a shame, because I'm pretty sure a lot of people were trying to kill him. Unrelated to people wanting him dead, I should really put up the logs involving him. There's at least one that I enjoyed a lot.

On topic: I have done stupid things, but am too embarrassed to admit to them.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Pausing to look at the friendly mul who rolled up on me in that alley.

>:(
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: Kankman on August 03, 2011, 12:19:03 PM
I played a Borsail noble...Made it to Luirs. Did a lot of spice. Overdosed.

I think thats pretty awesome..
Czar of City Elves.

Not listening to my gut.
~
And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand.  - Pierre Loti
~

Quote from: SandMiser on August 03, 2011, 05:31:51 PM
Not listening to my gut.

listening to my gut.

i was in a room, had a feeling something interesting was three rooms in a certain direction despite the fact that the room said nothing, mosied on over.... mantis head.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: Feco on August 03, 2011, 03:52:29 PM

I think that's a milestone any good Armer achieves eventually.

Quote from: Dan on August 02, 2011, 09:41:35 PM

Me, "Yeah, want some?"
Brilliant.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Quote from: lordcooper on August 04, 2011, 10:11:19 AM

Me, "Yeah, want some?"
Brilliant.

I don't get that... he was killed over a barrel of water?
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

August 04, 2011, 03:50:44 PM #167 Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:53:59 PM by NOFUN
I remember on my first PC when I got the "you sense a foreign presence contact your mind" message for the first time and then I started hearing the PC's voices in my head for the first time. I didn't actually read the getting started documentation or have any idea what the way was, so I instantly assumed my character was being mind-bended and I then told everyone so.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
    l̡̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø,,¸¸ø¤º°¨,, ø¤º°¨¨°º

Quote from: janeshephard on August 04, 2011, 03:15:14 PM
Quote from: lordcooper on August 04, 2011, 10:11:19 AM

Me, "Yeah, want some?"
Brilliant.

I don't get that... he was killed over a barrel of water?

the dumb part is that he was carrying around a barrel of water instead of, you know... a waterskin.

Quote from: Kronibas on August 04, 2011, 03:54:23 PM
the dumb part is that he was carrying around a barrel of water instead of, you know... a waterskin.

*facepalm*

Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

What's dumb about carrying a barrel of water around? (Assuming you have the strength to lift it.)

I almost always end up carrying 4-5 full waterskins, anyway, because 1 skin nowadays will last you like...30 RL minutes in the desert if you aren't a d-elf.

Hell, I had a half-giant who carried around a barrel -and- a cistern -and- a bag full of waterskins.

Name: Brawndo
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: NOFUN on August 04, 2011, 03:50:44 PM
I remember on my first PC when I got the "you sense a foreign presence contact your mind" message for the first time and then I started hearing the PC's voices in my head for the first time. I didn't actually read the getting started documentation or have any idea what the way was, so I instantly assumed my character was being mind-bended and I then told everyone so.

I did this.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Qzzrbl on August 04, 2011, 07:40:36 AM
Quote from: Feco on August 03, 2011, 03:52:29 PM

I think that's a milestone any good Armer achieves eventually.

Quote from: Synthesis on August 04, 2011, 09:44:57 PM
What's dumb about carrying a barrel of water around? (Assuming you have the strength to lift it.)

I almost always end up carrying 4-5 full waterskins, anyway, because 1 skin nowadays will last you like...30 RL minutes in the desert if you aren't a d-elf.

Hell, I had a half-giant who carried around a barrel -and- a cistern -and- a bag full of waterskins.

Name: Brawndo

I hope all that water had electrolytes, dude.  That's what half-giants crave.

A while back I played a character named Vance.  I remember I started her early on the day of the HRPT finale, before all the chaos ensued. (which was awsome because nobody had any idea what was going on or when it was going to end)  She had a great start and lived through all that, and some other stuff, and some worse junk.  Then there was this one day when the bells wrang out over the city and I got all excited about some great arena event!  Only to find the worlds biggest baddest mekillot, clawing its way out of the arena, literaly throwing people from the stands with each wave of its massive claws.  This is where the dumbness kicks in right here...

All of a sudden I'm on the arena floor, in the same room with this monstrous mek and several other PC's.  (I blink a few times and re-read the room desc)  People are screaming and running and I keep typing "st" trying to stand up (apparently I'm already standing)  Some mul Gladiators run in (and I remember thinking, ooc THANK GOD WE'RE SAVED) and one smashes me horrendously in the Noodle and knocks me out cold.  (because I'm standing there UNARMED, with my studded anakore helmet IN MY HAND!!!)
As if maybe that wasn't THE ONLY TIME EVER! I SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE BALL!  

(sigh) great times ;)
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.