Random Wants

Started by Cindy42, June 24, 2011, 06:58:22 PM

Surprised no one made this thread yet. We all want one.

Mine are, as if this moment:

monastaries, not based on gender, but based on things like having human blood (humans, breeds, muls, and elves who can give proof, falsified or otherwise, that they are part human) worship of a particular god-king, etc. etc. and maybe a monastery that takes in a common elemental witch such as ruk or vivadu. or both. thereby answering the question of what they might do if raided, since monasteries are traditionally not thought of as war fortresses, but places of concentrated worship/service to the power that funds them.

nightclubs. you just can't start dancing or singing in this game without being seen as a performer. a mosh pit in allanak would be a blast.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

I think secluded monasteries based upon the study of the physical arts and esoteric/ascetic mysteries would be an awesome addition to the ARM setting.

Wouldn't monasteries require literacy?

Nightclubs would be bomb though, and would probably be frequently interrupted by Allanaki authorities due to use of spice. "Fuckin' raver kids and their X!" :D

I would suggest picking any one of the number of abandoned houses in town and buying spice from smugglers for this, make it happen. There's no need for a special building. ;)
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

... A giant space meteor to hit Zalanthas, and a dozen little green men to come out spouting "We come in peace!"

I just want to see how long they would last in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Saellyn on June 25, 2011, 12:05:55 AM
... A giant space meteor to hit Zalanthas, and a dozen little green men to come out spouting "We come in peace!"

Grasping his throat in shock, the little green man says, in space-accented sirihish:
   "Pernicious pulsars! We can't breathe oxygen!!!"

*beep*
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Zoltan on June 25, 2011, 12:13:36 AM
Quote from: Saellyn on June 25, 2011, 12:05:55 AM

Grasping his throat in shock, the little green man says, in space-accented sirihish:
   "Pernicious pulsars! We can't breathe oxygen!!!"

*beep*

I like how the aliens speak Sirihish.

If they have helmets and a gun that shoots lazer beams, they'd live a bit longer, at least until they meet the neighborhood sorceror who would come to take away the strange weapon of doom for their own purposes.
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

the feed command.

Basically, you'd have nosave feed for this to prevent random strangers from trying to feed your character poisoned food.

If you're dying with negative hp this would be really, really helpful, to get some food and drink into your system, especially since it seems that being at negative hp prevents you from doing anything. or perhaps make it only doable to someone who is at negative hp and cannot move, in case it was brought on by starvation or dehydration and they can't do anything.

i'm going to feel really stupid if this exists already.
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

I imagine if you're dying with negative HP, eating and drinking are the least of your concerns, and whatever put your character in that situation is likely also preventing them from being able to do anything more than choke on whatever is shoved down their throat.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on June 27, 2011, 02:17:28 AM
I imagine if you're dying with negative HP, eating and drinking are the least of your concerns, and whatever put your character in that situation is likely also preventing them from being able to do anything more than choke on whatever is shoved down their throat.

makes sense.

trying to recall my last dehydration in a storm death to no avail. i did know that after a point, i was pretty much dead, since i needed water to move and couldn't move because of the negative hp. i guess if one is bandaged enough and is kept being bandaged and carried... yeah.

NEW WANT
a coded dwarven tribe.
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Cindy42 on June 27, 2011, 03:18:05 AM
Quote from: HavokBlue on June 27, 2011, 02:17:28 AM

makes sense.

trying to recall my last dehydration in a storm death to no avail. i did know that after a point, i was pretty much dead, since i needed water to move and couldn't move because of the negative hp. i guess if one is bandaged enough and is kept being bandaged and carried... yeah.

NEW WANT
a coded dwarven tribe.

Find out IC.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

A feed command could be -very- useful in some situations, like getting force-fed a tablet for a poison, getting given water after dehydrating into the negatives, etc., etc.

June 27, 2011, 05:01:23 AM #13 Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 05:25:12 AM by PurpleParrot
-deleted <3-

:O PP didn't do her purple!
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

Yay?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Cindy42 on June 24, 2011, 06:58:22 PM
Surprised no one made this thread yet. We all want one.

QuoteDiscussion about the world, the culture, people, politics, race relations, languages belong here.

This thread (as is) is not really appropriate for this board.  We do not go through this looking for suggestions.  You might ask why these things don't exist, but you should not be requesting things just because you want them.  That is not discussion.

Quotemonastaries, not based on gender, but based on things like having human blood (humans, breeds, muls, and elves who can give proof, falsified or otherwise, that they are part human) worship of a particular god-king, etc. etc. and maybe a monastery that takes in a common elemental witch such as ruk or vivadu. or both. thereby answering the question of what they might do if raided, since monasteries are traditionally not thought of as war fortresses, but places of concentrated worship/service to the power that funds them.

No to specifically calling something a monastery and dumping it in-game because it is wanted here.  These would be stamped out by the Sorcerer-Kings of either city state.  You can do this in-game if you'd like to dedicate the in-game resources to it with your own PC.  However, there are alternatives that are practically the same thing, already in place.  An elementalist can become gemmed in Allanak, which (while not considered worship) means you spend a lot of time at something that is called a "Temple" even in the room name.  A dedicated servant of Tektolnes--or just worshipper of Tektolnes--may gather at the Temple of the Dragon, or at the giant steel dragon, or go to devotions.  Worship can be extended towards a city-state's powers that be as a complete loyalist that joins a House or the local militia.  The Sorcerer-Kings are the closest things to gods in Zalanthas.

I suppose that looking through Zalanthas-tinted glasses, your random world want is already in-game.

Quotenightclubs. you just can't start dancing or singing in this game without being seen as a performer. a mosh pit in allanak would be a blast.

No to this as well.  If you like nightclubs you can go to them in real life or find a punker/rocker game.  Zalanthas is not real life or a punker/rocker game.  You can dance and sing without being seen as a performer.  There is a nice pit in Allanak that is far more appropriate to the game than a mosh pit; if you play your cards right, you might get to visit it!

Quotethe feed command.

This is not a world want.  This is a code want.  You know how we don't allow random tiny code wants on the code board anymore because they are never random, tiny, or code?  This is a random tiny code want in a world wants thread (already inappropriate).  If derails were to hold elections, they would all vote for some other post as the President of Derails and then this post would be installed as the dictator after an armed military takeover of the government.

QuoteNEW WANT
a coded dwarven tribe.

No, we are not going to add a coded dwarven tribe because you want there to be one.  There are vNPC dwarven tribes and you can probably find out about NPCs or vNPCs from PCs in game.

This has nothing to do with the Zalanthan World or really even this thread.  I am pretty sure you are looking for the "What if" thread.

I don't know that there's anything else to do with this thread except lock it, but I wanted to address the "wants" here.  Please use this board to discuss the world, not request weird things you want to see in it.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.