Quote>psis

You have received the following psis:
1.) The somebody, something man sends you a telepathic message:
    "Yeah man, I'm worried about mindbenders."
2.) The somebody, something woman sends you a telepathic message:
    "There's no such thing as mindbenders!"
3.) The somebody, something woman sends you a telepathic message:
    "Wanna mudsex?"

Useful for when you get disconnected or it's been a long time since your last psi and are just getting back to someone.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

I dig it.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Is Friday on May 15, 2011, 11:44:30 AM
Useful for when you get disconnected or it's been a long time since your last psi and are just getting back to someone.

I like this idea, but I don't like the command name.

What about "history psi"? That seems more intuitive to me.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: Taven on May 15, 2011, 12:58:36 PM
Quote from: Is Friday on May 15, 2011, 11:44:30 AM

I like this idea, but I don't like the command name.

What about "history psi"? That seems more intuitive to me.

Or hspi
Fredd-

Or 'ph' for psi history... since most commands don't start with ph?
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Or that for short and long is hpsi.
Fredd-

Quote from: boog on May 15, 2011, 01:09:57 PM
Or 'ph' for psi history... since most commands don't start with ph?

phemote
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

I have my vote on hpsi as for long and short hand.
Fredd-

... you guys know what aliases are right?
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

I really don't mind this, but (for 2.Arm, obviously) I would much rather there just be a 'history' command that could parse back the last (x) number of lines that the game sent to you.
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a

Quote from: Wasteland Raider on May 15, 2011, 09:28:39 PM
I really don't mind this, but (for 2.Arm, obviously) I would much rather there just be a 'history' command that could parse back the last (x) number of lines that the game sent to you.

That might not work because it's still like scrolling up.
Fredd-

Quote from: Barsook on May 15, 2011, 09:35:24 PM

I'm good with a general history command, too. I don't see why it's "just like scrolling up" if the idea is to be able to be able to see things you missed when linkdead.

Quote from: Taven on May 15, 2011, 09:38:35 PM
Quote from: Barsook on May 15, 2011, 09:35:24 PM

I'm good with a general history command, too. I don't see why it's "just like scrolling up" if the idea is to be able to be able to see things you missed when linkdead.

Oh, duh.  Good point.
Fredd-

+1 on all of it. 

Not a fan of this idea.. such is life, if you miss something you miss something.  Stop trying to make this game easier you wusses.
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

I'm all for it, even more so if it logs messages sent while you're not playing.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

I'd rather there be a feature that collects everything that happens near or to you while you're linkdead, so that when you reconnect you don't have to have things repeated for your sake. Then when you reconnect you see something like:

Welcome back Cutthroat.
Reconnecting to Amos...
Reconnected.

You missed the following while disconnected:

The tall, muscular man sends you a telepathic message:
   "How's your fun time with Talia going?"

Lifting a knife to your throat as you lie nude on the bed, the curvaceous, cyclopean woman says to you, in sirihish:
   "Give me your money."

The tall, muscular man sends you a telepathic message:
   "If it doesn't work out, do you mind if I try to do her next? That eye of hers is... so hot."

You missed the above while disconnected.

It could go as long as needed and use the pages code and [MORE] so as to not inundate the player with missed messages.

While Is Friday's idea would be a handy feature for PCs that get a lot of people contacting them, I think it's better to leave remembering psis (at least the ones you had a chance to see) to the player, to ensure that the mental task of juggling people Waying you with other tasks carries at least some difficulty.

You don't think it would lead to a lot of people going link-dead instead of quitting out?

Maybe.  Didn't think of abuse of the code.
Fredd-

Quote from: Booya on May 21, 2011, 08:42:55 AM
You don't think it would lead to a lot of people going link-dead instead of quitting out?

I hadn't really thought about that before, but no, I don't think so. It's still always going to be preferable to quit out whenever you are able to, due to the risk of getting killed, as well as a matter of courtesy. People tend to interact with the expectation the interaction will be returned in some way ASAP.

Quote from: Cutthroat on May 21, 2011, 08:39:25 AM
While Is Friday's idea would be a handy feature for PCs that get a lot of people contacting them, I think it's better to leave remembering psis (at least the ones you had a chance to see) to the player, to ensure that the mental task of juggling people Waying you with other tasks carries at least some difficulty.

I like the history idea better. Sometimes when you lose connection, the game doesn't realize it right away, but things still get lost (based on observation and personal experience). With your idea, you only get what you missed when you were linkdead as the game sees it, where with a history command you get everything regardless. It seems more convenient to me.

Just put a 10 minute time limit on the 'history' command, and have it only do whispers, directed says, and psis?

I am all for a command that allows you to play back everything for a certain period of time you were disconnected.

I have no interest in seeing a history command for the unseen way though. People miss things and that is just life, ya know?

We're not taking over the lives of robots and machines when we login to Zalanthas. They can not record every single piece of communication that comes their way.

Quote from: mattrious on May 24, 2011, 07:17:29 AM
I am all for a command that allows you to play back everything for a certain period of time you were disconnected.

I have no interest in seeing a history command for the unseen way though. People miss things and that is just life, ya know?

We're not taking over the lives of robots and machines when we login to Zalanthas. They can not record every single piece of communication that comes their way.

Well, I'd want a history command to include Ways. It's really annoying when I have to re-way someone because I got disconnected and I don't know if they responded to my Way or not. In person, you can tell when someone disconnects and communicate OOCly about it "ooc Can you respost the last thing please?" whereas with the Way, you have to send a way and used stun points to do so. It's even worse when your way partner is also disconnecting, and neither of you can tell.

Quote from: Taven on May 24, 2011, 08:51:38 AM
Quote from: mattrious on May 24, 2011, 07:17:29 AM

Well, I'd want a history command to include Ways. It's really annoying when I have to re-way someone because I got disconnected and I don't know if they responded to my Way or not. In person, you can tell when someone disconnects and communicate OOCly about it "ooc Can you respost the last thing please?" whereas with the Way, you have to send a way and used stun points to do so. It's even worse when your way partner is also disconnecting, and neither of you can tell.

Yes, a history command for a short period of time would be great. I think it should include all forms of communication as well, including the way. I just think having something for the way because you're idiling or being spammed with multiple ways is not something that should be implemented.