Hey. That guy.

Started by Reito, April 24, 2011, 11:19:26 PM

April 24, 2011, 11:19:26 PM Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 10:15:48 AM by Reito
Thanks for giving me a memorable experience.
Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see.
C. S. Lewis

Hello, I just wanted to advise you on how to give kudos. We don't give Kudos via the GDB, instead there's a request option for it. If you log in to the request tool, then you can send the player of any character a kudos. You say the name of the character, the character desc, and a couple lines about what you liked. This makes it private, and allows for you to be a little more specific, too.

Good luck with your next PC!
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Thinking this miiiight be the wrong place for this.

Safest bet is to go to the request tool and submit a player kudos. Just mention what the Templar looked like (his sdesc) and the Staff are pretty good at getting the kudos to the right person.

When you post certain things like this, everyone basically has an idea of who you played (if they were there for your death).

Edited to add:
God damn - Taven beat me to it.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Hrm. I don't like that there are all these silly rules about how I can't publicly thank someone for a scene. :/ We don't have IG mail.

But I knew about kudos on the request tool. Thanks.
Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see.
C. S. Lewis

April 25, 2011, 12:03:41 AM #5 Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 12:06:21 AM by Gunnerblaster
Quote from: Reito on April 24, 2011, 11:45:02 PM
Hrm. I don't like that there are all these silly rules about how I can't publicly thank someone for a scene. :/ We don't have IG mail.

But I knew about kudos on the request tool. Thanks.

Yeah - We don't mean to come off as snobbish or anything. I totally know what it feels like to just be 'wow'd by a certain in-game scene and just want everyone to know how awesome it was, even if they weren't involved.

For all you know, though, the player of the Templar might not read the forums as frequently as some of us other forum-users.

P.S. - The Staff set up these rules to avoid as little publicizing of player-character information, as possible. The reason we don't have in-game mail, from player to player, is for the explicit reason of avoiding OOC communication (despite the fact that at least half the playerbase communicates with one another, via, outside messaging services).
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

April 25, 2011, 02:31:07 AM #6 Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 12:53:11 PM by SMuz
When you say things like this in public, it also gives out some IC info. Not to be dicks about it and all, but you don't really know the info is safe.

Edited out stuff :P
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

...This seems like an over-reaction. Oh well. I'll remove this 'sensitive ic information'.  :/
C. S. Lewis

Yep, we would prefer you kudos people through the request tool rather than anonymously on the GDB.  The right person will get it and no IC information gets out there.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

...and plus, you just told everyone that knows who you play that your character is dead, even if you (edit the post to remove that) because a bunch of people say something about it and they don't edit.  Best to just not say anything on the GDB.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice