Dead bodies!

Started by Kismetic, April 17, 2011, 06:32:46 PM

Ignore this post if you can do this, or it's been suggested before, but ...

assess body
The slender brown goudra appears to have marks from a slashing weapon and a piercing weapon.

assess 2.body
The slender, tan kangaroo appears to have marks from a bludgeoning weapon.

assess 3.body
The tan, muscular man appears to have marks from claws, and bites.

Suggestions would be a temporary structure of hit types stored to the player file that is cleared from memory after combat.  If the combat results in a corpse, the information is stored to the container.

It has been suggested before and I'm all for it. I think I read somewhere it's gonna be in Arm 2.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

It'd be cool if a master weapons crafter could identify the exact weapon used from looking at the wounds.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
    l̡̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø,,¸¸ø¤º°¨,, ø¤º°¨¨°º

"This," said the Kadian Master-Crafter, "Can only be the work of one of our finest silken fans, applied to the throat in a gentle yet persistent manner. At least he died in a stylish and no doubt comfortable fashion. The silk breathed, I'm sure, even if he didn't."

Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Quote from: Thunkkin on April 18, 2011, 10:26:04 PM
"This," said the Kadian Master-Crafter, "Can only be the work of one of our finest silken fans, applied to the throat in a gentle yet persistent manner. At least he died in a stylish and no doubt comfortable fashion. The silk breathed, I'm sure, even if he didn't."

I've heard of people killed with funnier things than a silk fan.  There's some good stuff that happens on this game.  I'm not sure a master weapons crafter would always know the exact weapon.  That may be too cheat-y.

The grizzled, blonde man kneels over the body of the tall, muscular man.

The grizzled, blonde man says, in sirihish:
  "No signs of blunt trama. No blood loss. No burn marks."

Examining the palm of the tall, muscular man, the grizzled, blonde man says:
  "His hands are calloused. He has a deep tanline arond his hood and sleeves, and the dry poop from his body indicates that he was a grebber."

The grizzled, blonde man says, in sirihish:
  "The expensive undamaged armor on his body suggests that he was a successful at that job too."

The grizzled, blonde man opens the mouth of the body of the tall, muscular man.

The grizzled, blonde man stands up and turns to you.

The grizzled, blonde man says to you, in sirihish:
  "His teeth are clean. I can only conclude that this man was murdered..."

Putting on a pair of bone sunslits, the grizzled, blonde man says, in sirihish:
  "..by cleaning fluid."
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

subguild physician (max)
guild assassin  (max)
warrior (60%)
ranger (60%)
vivaduan (40%)?
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Warrior - weapons
Assassin - poison
Ranger - animal mobs

Although with a ranger it might be "He appears to have been killed by a fuzzweasel."

"What the hell's a fuzzweasel?"

"I don't know, I've never seen one before. I've just assessed a lot of corpses."

Quote from: Spoon on April 19, 2011, 08:53:23 AM
Warrior - weapons
Assassin - poison
Ranger - animal mobs

Although with a ranger it might be "He appears to have been killed by a fuzzweasel."

"What the hell's a fuzzweasel?"

"I don't know, I've never seen one before. I've just assessed a lot of corpses."

"It appears that he's been killed by a Sand Yeti."

"What!? Those don't exist!"

"... Are you telling me that I haven't ever seen a fucking Sand Yeti before?"

em puts on his yeti paws.

kill man

"Oh dear, it looks like you've been killed by a Sand Yeti too!"

I think good (I wish that all) players, should use arrange on a dead body after it's been killed / found dead from a known cause and add subtle hints as to what was the cause or contributing cause to it's death..............

I know it makes the body look way cooler / adds a ton to atmosphere and can sometimes scare the piss out of you.
Czar of City Elves.

Quote from: Dakota on May 24, 2011, 04:08:32 AM
I think good (I wish that all) players, should use arrange on a dead body after it's been killed / found dead from a known cause and add subtle hints as to what was the cause or contributing cause to it's death..............

I know it makes the body look way cooler / adds a ton to atmosphere and can sometimes scare the piss out of you.

Arranged dead bodies are super awesome. +1 to this.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

I think in order to arrange the body you have to pick it up, no? Or can you arrange it in the room now?
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on May 24, 2011, 02:09:29 PM
I think in order to arrange the body you have to pick it up, no? Or can you arrange it in the room now?

Just arrange body. No pick up. No nothing. Just details ;)
Czar of City Elves.

You can use the arrange command on stuff without picking it up :)

Handy for heavy furniture too.

Just a little off topic, but I've always had problems arranging stacks of items...it always seems to want to arrange one item, and leaves the rest of the pile intact.

To make it on topic, I've always wanted to walk into a room with a large pile of bloody bodies, hacked to pieces by some sort of chopping weapon.

Quote from: A20B on May 24, 2011, 02:49:44 PM
Just a little off topic, but I've always had problems arranging stacks of items...it always seems to want to arrange one item, and leaves the rest of the pile intact.

Is it the same as drop? Arrange the first item (using the plural verb) then repeat for 2.thing....  ?

arrange 1.thing
arrange 2.thing
arrange 3.thing

etc

Yeah it gets tedious, but it is possible.

Quote from: a strange shadow on May 24, 2011, 02:28:19 PM

You can use the arrange command on stuff without picking it up :)

Handy for heavy furniture too.

And surrealistic sculptures.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

May 24, 2011, 03:29:33 PM #18 Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 03:31:37 PM by a strange shadow
Many gortok skulls are glued into a towering pyramid, each one intricately painted with bright splashes of deep red and blazing orange swirls, together forming a gruesome sculpture that rises high above the scrub trees.

Nearby, several sharp yellowed teeth hover in the air, slowly spinning.

A body of a ebon-shelled kryl is here, stuck on top of a giant telephone

cMud has a "loop" function that makes arranging multiple items already on the ground easier. Other clients may have a similar function, but in cMud it goes something like

count skull room
There are 30 skulls in the room.

#loop 1,30 {arrange %{i}.skull are glued into a towering pyramid, each one intricately painted with bright splashes of deep red and blazing orange swirls, together forming a gruesome sculpture that rises high above the scrub trees.}

It's spam-tastic, and hard to find chances to use it, and you have to make sure to pluralize the description yourself, as the game doesn't do that for you.