Just one more need a role thread -

Started by Aruven, March 27, 2011, 11:03:55 PM

Yeah I'm just shot on an angle right now.

Anything save for elves.

Appreciate ya,
-Aruven

Don't role calls have to be explicitly for family members?

DERP! You probably meant you were looking for someone to contact you for a role. Not the other way around. I'm a retard sometimes.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on March 27, 2011, 11:07:28 PM
Don't role calls have to be explicitly for family members?

DERP! You probably meant you were looking for someone to contact you for a role. Not the other way around. I'm a retard sometimes.

is this a call for a family role or an idea storm on what you want to play next?
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Storm. Storm. Storm. I look at my character list and sigh at the moment.

Play a chipper young man with a nice family of grebbers in Allanak who has left to find his own fortune. Hang out in taverns, meet people, get recruited.

Let the character grow organically - you don't necessarily need to have a solid idea at the outset.

Quote from: Yam fixed by musashi on March 27, 2011, 11:56:13 PM
Play a chipper young man with a nice family of grebbers in Allanak who has left to find his own fortune. Hang out in taverns, meet people, and later eat them.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Foppish Thief/burglar type that masquerades as a travelling barber?
Old lady hunter/ranger type that cooks and poisons food and hands it out to hungry grebbers?
Daring young antagonist that uses chalk to leave crpytic symbols (messages) everywhere targetting everyone.
Dandy young man that makes bouquets and sells them in taverns.
Handsome love-em and leave-em that has strings of women hating you.
What kind of jerkoff shakes a tent in the dark? Go out there and see who or what that is.

I have a lot of interesting ideas, but I'll probably use them...

Play a wanderer that's searching for the meaning of life?
A mercenary is always a good fall-back option for me.
Or, play a Zalanthas version of a detective?
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

Quote from: Semper on March 28, 2011, 01:04:17 AM
I have a lot of interesting ideas, but I'll probably use them...

Play a wanderer that's searching for the meaning of life?
A mercenary is always a good fall-back option for me.
Or, play a Zalanthas version of a detective?

(I would say come join my clan, but that wouldn't be the right thing to do here.  8) )
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

the rinth is never boring.

tuluki bard? you could attempt to become the top echleon of bard which is fought over for by templars and nobles, although i imagine that takes a measure of entertaining-others-with-rp skill that is required nowhere else in the game. but even if you don't have that ability they're not gonna fire you i imagine. having fun is the whole idea.

everyone who's been in the tan muark has said they liked it.

be a doctor? the physician subguild. the byn needs them all the time.

apply for a gmh family role? you could be the next -da or -di in the kuraci family and live it up in luir's. or be wealthy and about as powerful as commoners can get as a kadian family member.

nobles down south are richer and meaner, and thus more interesting to people like me, but in tuluk you get to have a commoner consort, and interact reasonably with commoners, maybe make a couple of semi-worthless unwashed friends.

apply for a karma role you never tried and are interested in if you think staff might approve it. GICKER CITY

play an outright sorceror in tuluk. awesome, right? its so great, you almost forget that, if approved, staff are watching you like a hawk.

i'd say tailor, too, but that's because i'm particularly obsessed with that for some reason.

i really, really enjoyed being assassin guild. i wasn't even in a combative job, and it was awesome. something about being able to sneak around and hide. few things top that for me.

spice runner from red storm to 'nak. feed the rinth monster its daily bread.
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Play a _specialized_ grebber.  One who looks for the really rare stuff.
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

A patriotic nakki hunter type who spends a couple weeks a year raiding tuluki travelers.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: Feco on March 28, 2011, 07:48:38 AM
A patriotic nakki hunter type who spends a couple weeks a year raiding tuluki travelers.

+++++1
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

An old-style barber that not only cuts/styles hair, but is also a surgeon and/or dentist. You could probably fit into a number of clans doing this mainly or on the side, or go independent.

Suggested guild/sub: Any guild, subguild physician
Suggested place to point: Allanak or Tuluk

A labyrinth vigilante\loanshark
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
    l̡̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø,,¸¸ø¤º°¨,, ø¤º°¨¨°º

Anything/anything. 

Your family has driven you out of X home city.  You distrust Y home city because they are full of Y home city citizens.  Run off into the desert and see how far you can legitimately get.  Maybe turn to raiding for fun and profit.  Start some shit with some people and die a glorious death (if hunted down) or ignoble death (if you don't make it very far).
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

a traveling performer. you wander into taverns and entertain others. then when your money runs out, you start making money with your coded guild instead of fooling around with you bard subguild.

"Hey, look, I'm a silt worm! I gonna get eat this here table!" Then start chewing on the bar, making ridiculous sounds. Or pull a sid out from behind someone's ear, followed swiftly by two sids from under their tongue. Freak 'em out hoss.
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Cindy42 on March 28, 2011, 01:51:35 PM
Or pull a sid out from behind someone's ear, followed swiftly by two sids from under their tongue. Freak 'em out hoss.

Gicker! KILL EEEEEEEEEEET!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Make a human and start a traveling freak show/circus. I have always, always wanted to see this in Arm. See if the Imms will give you a wagon that you can operate out of and then travel the world collecting freaks and performers and crazy animals to show. Then roll up in a city and put on a show. But you have to play a semi-crazy old coot to do this. That's just kind of how I imagine it in my head.