Sleep talking

Started by Chettaman, March 24, 2011, 12:49:09 AM

Am I seriously the only one who, when you're falling asleep at the keyboard will totally start typing whatever they're thinking?

Tell man If I ever see you again the icecream pie is outside on the lawn

Thinking... dreaming... it's a blur when you're falling asleep.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

I've done it, I once left a mount full of of stuff east of tuluk and chased an imaginary creature back to town and woke up out of my sleepy state like 'where's my mount?'. While hunting my way back to my mount I was approached by an ATV, I like to think the tribe got a good nice laugh on my ic explanation of it.

If I play sleepy, I totally sleep-type.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

I usually shut my computer down and go to bed well before this happens...

... but I have done it in the past, when I was a much more computer-addicted youth.

And I always log off Armageddon before I get that tired.  Too hard to stay in character.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

It's actually more worrying that I could stay in character while I'm half asleep. I find it harder when I'm not sleepy because I overthink things.

My siblings still poke fun at me about that one time when I was asleep, and shouted in my sleep about someone touching a pickpocket. It's even funnier because English isn't even supposed to be my native language :P
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

March 24, 2011, 11:17:17 AM #4 Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 11:25:41 AM by TOOL
I sometimes will be so tired my character's thoughts become partly my own.  Or if I'm just really really high.

>think (irritated) Come on, TOOL.  Stop being such a bitch.  Man up and just kill that raptor.
>think (surprised) Frakkin' raptors.  How come you don't know how to defend yourself, TOOL?
>think (intense pain in my neck) Well, that was stupid.  Why did I attack that raptor again?

edit: need moar coffee
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal and Pancakes.

The worst that usually happens for me is I wind up mixing up my says, psi's, tells and thinks. With quite interesting results. Especially when thinks suddenly become audible. Gotten into more than one pickle in that fashion that can be quite awkward to try to get out of.

Quote from: Majikal on March 24, 2011, 09:37:04 AM
I've done it, I once left a mount full of of stuff east of tuluk and chased an imaginary creature back to town and woke up out of my sleepy state like 'where's my mount?'. While hunting my way back to my mount I was approached by an ATV, I like to think the tribe got a good nice laugh on my ic explanation of it.

With the exception of the above, (Holy shit, how long had you not slept?)

It appears as if sleep deprivation makes characters act a bit more like real people.

I like it.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: Majikal on March 24, 2011, 09:37:04 AMI've done it, I once left a mount full of of stuff east of tuluk and chased an imaginary creature back to town and woke up out of my sleepy state like 'where's my mount?'. While hunting my way back to my mount I was approached by an ATV, I like to think the tribe got a good nice laugh on my ic explanation of it.

That was you?  LOL!
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

That's so weird... I had that exact same experience with losing my mount east of tuluk to an ATV. I wasn't tired though, just stupid.

Well... in the times I've played ANY outdoor character, I've found TONS of mounts around out there.  When playing an ATV I've ran into lots of people without their mounts, and it was very possible that I did what I could to assist you in losing your mount, as well as assist you in purchasing a mount after.  ;D
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Quote from: Marshmellow on March 25, 2011, 02:38:37 PM
Well... in the times I've played ANY outdoor character, I've found TONS of mounts around out there.  When playing an ATV I've ran into lots of people without their mounts, and it was very possible that I did what I could to assist you in losing your mount, as well as assist you in purchasing a mount after.  ;D

Looking somber, you say to the confused man, in Staccato-accented Sirihish,
     "You lose mount, eh? I find good Inix, real cheap. Three hundred coin."

Appearing confused, the confused man says, in moron-accented Sirihish,
     "That Inix looks familiar... whatever. Here's three hundred coins.

You say to the confused man, while grinning madly, in Staccato-accented Sirihish,
     "Good business with you, round-ear.

Feeling smug, you think:
     "Stupid round-ears...

Quote from: Saellyn on March 26, 2011, 12:51:38 PM
Quote from: Marshmellow on March 25, 2011, 02:38:37 PM

Looking somber, you say to the confused man, in Staccato-accented Sirihish,
     "You lose mount, eh? I find good Inix, real cheap. Three hundred coin."

Appearing confused, the confused man says, in moron-accented Sirihish,
     "That Inix looks familiar... whatever. Here's three hundred coins.

You say to the confused man, while grinning madly, in Staccato-accented Sirihish,
     "Good business with you, round-ear.

Feeling smug, you think:
     "Stupid round-ears...

Well, I have now figured out my future profession...jk but that's funny stuff! When I'm extremely tired I usually don't lose focus. My moods are more extreme though. When I'm completely capable of handling myself, I'll shout and scream for assistance, etc. etc.