Tdesc Length

Started by Taven, March 23, 2011, 02:53:20 PM

How do you feel about the current Tdesc length?

It's fine, I have no complaints.
21 (51.2%)
I don't really use tdesc.
7 (17.1%)
I wish it was longer!
13 (31.7%)
Honestly, I feel like it could be shorter.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: April 22, 2011, 02:53:20 PM

I'm just curious how people feel about this. Please, feel free to post and elaborate on your answer.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

I mainly only use this to show bandages, healing wounds, bruises and things like that.

I do enjoy those of you who use it to show different styles for your hair though.    ;)

I was actually unaware there was a limit to the length of tdesc until you posted this.

I want a longer ldesc myself.   ;D
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

I'm good with 320 characters (four full lines and then some). An average description is probably 7-10 lines so adding four or five more at most isn't much of a burden. Most people probably add one or two.

On a slightly related note, I think some people need to remember to break up their lines though. Some tdescs I see stretch across the screen. A different kind of length, but one that can appear spammy to people with different clients.

I plan to go wild with it. Bandages, wounds, hair, face paint, anything. I love it. My main descs are not that long anyway and I think people usually read the bottom part first.

crap, sorry. i thought you meant ldesc. i think tdesc is just fine the way it is.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Tdesc is possibly one of the best commands ever, just sayin.

I do like to seperate it from my mdesc with one line, to make it stand out a bit more since I figure most people only skim mdescs.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

I voted no complaints.  I use it a lot, and have never hit the limit.

I use it mostly for hair or other things that change, though.  Occasionally I put noticeable wounds/strange shit.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

The only time I have hit the limit is with pregnancy.

:c

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"