Half-breeds and sexual equality

Started by NOFUN, March 17, 2011, 12:10:59 PM

Quote from: Dar on March 19, 2011, 07:04:58 PM
Why would you wear a jacket that's designed for things that ... you dont have?

Smuggling spice.. DUH!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I've wondered whether the feminine/masculine applied to some other aspects too. Like an artist friend of mine said that masculine is squarish, while feminine is rounder.

Or going off that, feminine is soft, masculine is hard. Obviously, a good deal of Zalanthan women are stronger than men, but are they really physically harder? You don't see a lot of female weight lifters (not bodybuilders!) with huge manly muscles. Soft doesn't even mean weaker.. a flail is soft, water is soft, but they can still really hurt. I suppose people on Zalanthas view strong, independent warrior women sort of like modern society views smart women lawyers/doctors - not non-feminine, and actually quite attractive.

Still, there seems to be a bit of a protective stance around women as far as I've played. Maybe I've played a few weak looking female PCs, but there was always some male PC trying to protect them, and I wonder if that's suitable. I've seen female half-giants and dwarves protecting male PCs, but not human females.

Quote from: X-D on March 20, 2011, 09:46:45 AM
Half-elves breed just fine, though a quarter elf is still a breed, or a quarter human, and beyond.

I thought quarter elves were more human like and 3/4 elves were breeds. Not sure where I got that from, though.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

March 20, 2011, 04:03:45 PM #52 Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 04:05:16 PM by Cindy42
edited.
i can give a good stance on female half-giants and dwarves--- if you're choosing your character and you want a physically strong character, the worst option of half-giant, dwarf or human would be the human. therein, less human pcs overall in physically demanding jobs. the better coded option for an intellectual position, like merchant, is human, thus causing the need to be guarded sometimes, though i'm not sure how this would be changed due to gender of the player behind the mask. couldn't say why there aren't many human female warriors guarding dudes, though, beyond the better coded race theory. i'm not sure i actually believe it either. you sure?
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Cindy42 on March 20, 2011, 04:03:45 PM
edited.
i can give a good stance on female half-giants and dwarves--- if you're choosing your character and you want a physically strong character, the worst option of half-giant, dwarf or human would be the human. therein, less human pcs overall in physically demanding jobs. the better coded option for an intellectual position, like merchant, is human, thus causing the need to be guarded sometimes, though i'm not sure how this would be changed due to gender of the player behind the mask. couldn't say why there aren't many human female warriors guarding dudes, though, beyond the better coded race theory. i'm not sure i actually believe it either. you sure?

There are plenty of female warrior guarding dudes. I can think of several that are House Staples for Nobles and Merchant Family, alike. Some are dwarves, even. And, there is an infamous Half Giant Female guard in a certain GMH.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Well, jobs are jobs. I mean like when a male character and female character meet on the road, the male character will often go "I'll protect you, girl" without being asked for his help. Or maybe its just my female characters :P
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on March 20, 2011, 04:17:28 PM
Well, jobs are jobs. I mean like when a male character and female character meet on the road, the male character will often go "I'll protect you, girl" without being asked for his help. Or maybe its just my female characters :P

Right. That shouldn't happen. The 'Damsel In Distress' Trope shouldn't exist in Zalanthas.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

You know how women keep making f-me pc's, because they want to be supernaturally pretty when they rp? You know how their flawless white skin doesn't work?

I think the I'll protect you is the same exact thing, but with testosterone instead of big knockers.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on March 20, 2011, 04:22:05 PM
You know how women keep making f-me pc's, because they want to be supernaturally pretty when they rp? You know how their flawless white skin doesn't work?

I think the I'll protect you is the same exact thing, but with testosterone instead of big knockers.

i like making ugly, flat pcs, or plain-faced, flat pcs. i think i've made one or two moderately to not quite supernatural f-me pcs. while i feel pretty playing them, i don't like having to deal with being hit on, and voila, most of my characters now don't pass the boob-to-butt ratio to be considered female for their species.

i've made one pale character. i always try to make my characters born below the shield wall medium brown to ebony, and my character froms luirs to tuluk, tan to light or medium brown. the docs say the same thing should be done for hair but i never paid attention to that.

i would love to make a completely hideous female character one day that's just vomit-inducing to look at, but i haven't been inspired by the right image yet.
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Agreed.

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Cindy42 on March 20, 2011, 04:29:10 PM

i like making ugly, flat pcs, or plain-faced, flat pcs. i think i've made one or two moderately to not quite supernatural f-me pcs. while i feel pretty playing them, i don't like having to deal with being hit on, and voila, most of my characters now don't pass the boob-to-butt ratio to be considered female for their species.

i've made one pale character. i always try to make my characters born below the shield wall medium brown to ebony, and my character froms luirs to tuluk, tan to light or medium brown. the docs say the same thing should be done for hair but i never paid attention to that.

i would love to make a completely hideous female character one day that's just vomit-inducing to look at, but i haven't been inspired by the right image yet.

The funny thing is even the hideous female PC's will get hit on.

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on March 20, 2011, 06:22:50 PM

being a half=elf significantly lowers your chances  ;D
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Cindy42 on March 20, 2011, 07:49:23 PM

... Probably not.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I made hideous female PC once, but I think she was too intimidating for most people to hit on.  I had her a month and she was only hit on once, so that was pretty impressive.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Yeah, evidently rolling up gritty bitches is like putting up a big sign that says "ELIGIBLE WOMAN" instead of the opposite, intended result.

I'm an equal-opportunity fader. Unless you're an elf--then you can go fuck yourself.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

If your sdesc is "the woman" and your mdesc is "This person is female.", congratulations, you're the hottest gal in the Known. Please collect your mudsex partners from the Gaj on your way out.

Quote from: Case on March 20, 2011, 09:21:48 PM
If your sdesc is "the woman" and your mdesc is "This person is female.", congratulations, you're the hottest gal in the Known. Please collect your mudsex partners from the Gaj on your way out.
If your male is funny it works the same way. (There's a lot of failures out there, though.)
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: a strange shadow on March 20, 2011, 09:04:11 PM

Yeah, evidently rolling up gritty bitches is like putting up a big sign that says "ELIGIBLE WOMAN" instead of the opposite, intended result.

That's cuz gritty bitches can bring home the scrab meat.

[/quote]

I know this to be factually incorrect. Of all my PC's, my humans, even the relatively good looking and normal ones, got only a small  amount of attention and "love" from the female populace. By contrast, my half-elves got heaps of attention from women. Even ones who had ugly scars or some other defecit still got laid, and not just with elves or breeds, but humans too. Even one human who openly ranted breed hate my half-elf was bonking the brains out of. I look at it as being breeds are the forbidden fruit, or their sad stories charm the ladies hearts into love. Breeds rule.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Quote from: Reiloth on March 20, 2011, 04:18:58 PM
Quote from: SMuz on March 20, 2011, 04:17:28 PM

Right. That shouldn't happen. The 'Damsel In Distress' Trope shouldn't exist in Zalanthas.

To be fair people, male and female alike, get into plenty of distress.  ;)

Quote from: Scarecrow on April 06, 2011, 06:42:25 AM

I know this to be factually incorrect. Of all my PC's, my humans, even the relatively good looking and normal ones, got only a small  amount of attention and "love" from the female populace. By contrast, my half-elves got heaps of attention from women. Even ones who had ugly scars or some other defecit still got laid, and not just with elves or breeds, but humans too. Even one human who openly ranted breed hate my half-elf was bonking the brains out of. I look at it as being breeds are the forbidden fruit, or their sad stories charm the ladies hearts into love. Breeds rule.
[/quote]

it must be my personalities. i generally do the same personalities, and enjoy freaking others out and giving them goosebumps as a certain race  ;D
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

[/quote]

I loved an elf of yours, if you played who it was I think you played! I don't know any of your breeds, though. I think my PC woulda touched the sharp ears for dat azzz. Totally one of three elves she would've bonked. For real.

No one wants breeds. Fuck. Go full blood naughty or not at all!
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: boog on April 12, 2011, 04:06:07 PM

I loved an elf of yours, if you played who it was I think you played! I don't know any of your breeds, though. I think my PC woulda touched the sharp ears for dat azzz. Totally one of three elves she would've bonked. For real.

No one wants breeds. Fuck. Go full blood naughty or not at all!
[/quote]

that creeps me out a little that you've said that because i kind of suspected it was you.
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

a half breed is half himan to an elf and half elf to a human

syucks
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: Ghost on April 20, 2011, 12:48:10 AM
a half breed is half himan to an elf and half elf to a human

syucks
You drunk again??
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

You think:
"No! Please leave me be whoever you are."

You sense a foreign presence withdraw from your mind.