cooking

Started by Canned Heat, March 07, 2011, 04:26:45 PM

If you can make a batch of travel cakes out of a sack of flour, why can't a handful of flour produce a single travel cake?

Because someone has not added the recipe.  You can send the recipe to the mud and see if they add it.  Get Mastercrafting cooking and submit a recipe through the request tool to be guaranteed it gets added.

If neither of these are an option, explain it away that it's hard to get the mixture of water right with such a small amount of flour.  Or something else.  You're smart.  You can figure it out.
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Quote from: Marc on March 07, 2011, 04:38:58 PM
Because someone has not added the recipe.  You can send the recipe to the mud and see if they add it.  Get Mastercrafting cooking and submit a recipe through the request tool to be guaranteed it gets added.

If neither of these are an option, explain it away that it's hard to get the mixture of water right with such a small amount of flour.  Or something else.  You're smart.  You can figure it out.

Not guaranteed.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Yes guaranteed so long as you abide by the guidelines laid out by the mastercrafting and submission helpfiles.  Apologies for not adding that caveat before.  I thought, like following the rules in-game, this was an unspoken concession.  I'll have my lawyer start checking over these posts before hand as to not supply ammunition to you hair-splitting trollocks.
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

so waste a RL month's MC submission on a travel cake??  :o

March 07, 2011, 05:32:12 PM #5 Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 05:39:10 PM by Qzzrbl
didn't mean to post.

Quote from: Canned Heat on March 07, 2011, 05:16:24 PM
so waste a RL month's MC submission on a travel cake??  :o

For all mankind!
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: Canned Heat on March 07, 2011, 05:16:24 PM
so waste a RL month's MC submission on a travel cake??  :o

The Recipe may be as exorbitant or as low-quality as you want, but it still counts as a mastercraft.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Why don't you just RP cooking the fucking thing and eat the handful of flour, sheesh.

For mad hardcore legit-mode props, you can roll 2d10 vs. your cooking skill and see whether you should junk it or eat it.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

You can eat flour??
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Fuck I can imagine the hell out of some hostility when I've gone this long without sleep.

Nothing to see here folks.

I've had this question in my mind for a while, did cooking change recently?

I can no longer cook certain things at novice, which has severely limited my options.

Additionally, can someone tell me or pm me very common things one can cook at novice, things so common that its isn't IC-sensitive, or is that prohibited? to add to that, i already know what one can do with a sack of flour.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Well, it is possible you had a subguild bump before.
Things you can do IRL that match Arm:
Cook where others cook. (Maybe you can get into a plot if others see you with a viable skill)
Use tools.
Get lessons (Plots!)
Get roots! (Roots are the easiest thing to cook IRL.)
You lift ~ with all your strength.
A long length of bone doesn't move.

No, no one can tell you what's available on the skills list. The only information you are entitled to is from the help files. If you type HELP COOKING you will find a few items that you can cook.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.