Crashy mccrashpants

Started by Fredd, March 04, 2011, 06:36:29 PM

Suddenly getting alot of crashing. You have been warned peoples.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Connection issues and the server crashing/rebooting are two different things.

http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=trace&host=ginka.armageddon.org
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11
Quote from: Yam on March 18, 2011, 09:57:04 AM
There's really nothing wrong with a pretty boy in a dress.

Connection issues, though, we got those.
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

Quote from: Ocotillo on March 04, 2011, 06:56:16 PM
Connection issues, though, we got those.

Same, trying to troubleshoot a friend of mine who cant connect, using the same client as me.

As for the server resetting, it did it 3 times, rapidly.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Not in the last 2 days, it didn't...
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11

I've not been able to connect for over 20 minutes now :/ Neither to the site either.
A staff member sends:
     "You can quit ooc - or if you want I can kill <character name>, that'd definitely reset it."

Click that link in my first post and see just how far you're getting - it should take like 12 hops to get to the server.
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11

It looks more like a connection problem than a crash. If it is not a crash then people may die in a dangerous spot which is always the lamest way to die.

Xeran, i think, for some reason the server is doing this to certain connections. You might no be effected, but others are. I leterally was booted 3 times in a row about an hour ago, or less.
I had another friend who plays arm IM me and asked if I crashed too. but my other friend (who i am now trying to help) Was fine.

Now I connect perfectly fine, but he cannot connect, or  get to the main website at all.

I'm at a loss here.

It appears our host is having network problems, I am on the phone with support.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Morgenes on March 04, 2011, 07:22:00 PM
It appears our host is having network problems, I am on the phone with support.

I love you.

The network issue has been resolved for now.  I am still awaiting an analysis/answer on what happened from our host.

Sorry about the loss.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Thanks for hitting that up so quickly, Morgenes.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Fuuuuuuuu
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

cccccck.
indeed, it's down for me too

Seriously? Again?
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Yup. I'm done for now.

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Sorry, I stole root access to ginka and pushed a button I shouldn't have.

Morg is changing the password on me now.

This resolved?
Alea iacta est

Quote from: racurtne on March 19, 2011, 07:25:11 PM
This resolved?

I can't seem to crack the password anymore... so yeah, I think it's resolved. And thank Ginka it is, those crashes -really- come at bad times.

Like when you're in the middle of somethingsomething... doing somethingsomething you probably shouldn't be doing...

Or something you should be doing.

Unrelated code event caused the first crash (fixed) which may have corrupted a pfile for a player to cause the next two crashes.  If my theory is right, we shouldn't crash again.  An unfortunate temporary ban is the temporary solution while we review the pfile and fix.

I say we.  I mostly poke at runlogs and throw wild-ass guesses around hoping one of them sticks long enough for Tiernan to confirm.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on March 19, 2011, 07:42:34 PM
Unrelated code event caused the first crash (fixed) which may have corrupted a pfile for a player to cause the next two crashes.  If my theory is right, we shouldn't crash again.  An unfortunate temporary ban is the temporary solution while we review the pfile and fix.

I say we.  I mostly poke at runlogs and throw wild-ass guesses around hoping one of them sticks long enough for Tiernan to confirm.

Well, we know one thing for certain. It's all Nyr's fault somehow.

I suspected Nyr all along!
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.