Offpeak

Started by theebie, March 01, 2011, 02:27:20 AM

Hi,

I'd like to know if there's an immortal (or clan) around who's actually playing offpeak times, and allowing offpeak players any progress within the clan.
(And I can already see the "find out IC" answers, which won't help at all, since I can't find out about immortals attitude towards offpeak players in their clan ICly)

Really, the best advice I can give for finding a clan to play with is to simply make a note of who tends to be online the same time as you, and then try to hook up with them. If one region seems dead, you might take a chance relocating because these situations tend to be cyclical. If you're having trouble, you can also make a rumor board post to help find work, but there is a chance that the prospective employer that contacts you doesn't normally play the same time as you. In which case, your character might ask: "What part of the week do you tend to be around?" Which is a hint-hint-wink-wink way of asking what RL time they play.

My personal strategy is to look at the local rumor board and pick out the latest hiring call that fit my character, and I go for it. The idea is that somebody that make a post like that is not already too busy with other stuff, and they probably are playing a decent amount lately.

I know a lot of clans also have weirdos like me - I am up and around all different times of day, depending on work schedule and sleep schedule. If a clan fits your character, go for it!
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

I'm looking for something that has immortals who support offpeak players, too, since I've got told over the last months that "You cannot ever get up in ranks, due to you beeing offpeak" in where I've been before. (I don't have problems finding groups ICly, it's not an IC problem)

If this thread doesn't answer your question, you might try putting a question in the request tool, or make a post in Ask the Staff.

Quote from: theebie on March 01, 2011, 02:58:25 AMI've got told over the last months that "You cannot ever get up in ranks, due to you beeing offpeak"
I cry bullshit.  I really, really doubt that being offpeak is what's holding your character(s) back.  I've played with you before and if you haven't changed much in the last few years, you're not getting promoted for not following the IC rules of your clan because you, the player, got bored.

This thread is basically accusing the staff of ignoring all off-peak players or being prejudiced against off-peak players, both of  which I know they do not do.  It's tantamount to trolling the staff in public when you should have opened a request to ask the staff to clarify instead.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

March 01, 2011, 08:40:54 AM #6 Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 08:43:07 AM by Is Friday
I'm pretty sure if they have someone that plays 2 hours a day, and someone that plays 2 hours a day offpeak--they're going to promote the former. Especially if you don't play much offpeak (because there's no one around.) That's just the way it works, unfortunately. A lot of great players in offpeak don't get notice. What I would suggest is great weekly reports. That will help your cause.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: theebie on March 01, 2011, 02:58:25 AM
I'm looking for something that has immortals who support offpeak players, too, since I've got told over the last months that "You cannot ever get up in ranks, due to you beeing offpeak" in where I've been before. (I don't have problems finding groups ICly, it's not an IC problem)

Do you really want to have this discussion publicly?  You've already mischaracterized the argument.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Marshmellow on March 01, 2011, 08:26:15 AM
Quote from: theebie on March 01, 2011, 02:58:25 AMI've got told over the last months that "You cannot ever get up in ranks, due to you beeing offpeak"
I cry bullshit.  I really, really doubt that being offpeak is what's holding your character(s) back.  I've played with you before and if you haven't changed much in the last few years, you're not getting promoted for not following the IC rules of your clan because you, the player, got bored.

This thread is basically accusing the staff of ignoring all off-peak players or being prejudiced against off-peak players, both of  which I know they do not do.  It's tantamount to trolling the staff in public when you should have opened a request to ask the staff to clarify instead.

Yeah, fuck that.  I broke my world's smallest fiddle by waving it in the air vigorously enough to chase the stench of bullshit off.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Pseudo-trolls, chill.  I'll answer the question and lock the thread 'cause it doesn't look like it will go uphill from here.

Quote from: theebie on March 01, 2011, 02:27:20 AM
Hi,

I'd like to know if there's an immortal (or clan) around who's actually playing offpeak times, and allowing offpeak players any progress within the clan.
(And I can already see the "find out IC" answers, which won't help at all, since I can't find out about immortals attitude towards offpeak players in their clan ICly)

You're asking here when you already know from a few conversations with me and other staffers about this, and the end result in your case was not "sorry, we are completely opposed to an off-peak leader in this clan."  We gave some specific guidelines we'd like met.  If you'd like to talk about them some more, we can do that via a request.  Doing that here is not going to accomplish anything.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.