Mushclient help?

Started by My 2 sids, February 26, 2011, 08:30:16 AM

Is there any way to make it so the words start further to the right?  Currently everything is far to the left and I'm missing/hard time reading.
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

Press alt+5. That should take you to the output configuration menu. You can also get there from the top menu: Game -> Configure -> Output.

Once you've got the output configuration menu, I think what you want to look at is the box titled "Spacing." It has two things to modify there, one of which is "Text offset from edge (pixels)." Try increasing that.

Thank you!  :)
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

Two problems I am having with mushclient...
I can't get the logger to work..
the lines are breaking when they run out of characters and breaking ou words on two lines.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on December 27, 2011, 06:51:06 PM
the lines are breaking when they run out of characters and breaking ou words on two lines.
This is what I do for logging:

Go into Logging.
Put into the file location...
C:\Users\username\Desktop\arm\character\logs\PCname_%Y-%m- %d.txt

Not sure where you're going astray, as the logging is fairly straightforward in MUSH. (PS, I use CMud now.)
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on January 02, 2012, 08:50:23 AM

Go into Logging.

Not sure where you're going astray, as the logging is fairly straightforward in MUSH. (PS, I use CMud now.)

Is there a way to rig it so it doesn't overwrite the same file over and over if you're logging in more than once a day?
Fear is the mind-killer.

Quote from: benegesseritwitch on March 17, 2013, 12:48:40 AM
Quote from: Is Friday on January 02, 2012, 08:50:23 AM

Go into Logging.

Is there a way to rig it so it doesn't overwrite the same file over and over if you're logging in more than once a day?
C:\Users\Bcw81\Google Drive\Armageddon\Logs\%B %Y\%N - %b %d, %Y %a.log

The above will save it to my C drive, in my Google Docs folder, under my Armageddon folder, under my Logs folder, under a folder that is labled by the month and then then year (that I need to actually create myself), in a text file that is set up to auto-create every day. If I log in multiple times a day MUSHclient will not overwrite the first logging session for the second, rather, it will append the second to the bottom of the first one.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

March 17, 2013, 11:51:27 AM #7 Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 11:56:13 AM by Lizzie
I don't autolog. I manually request the client to start a log, when I feel it's needed. When I'm done, I save and end the logging session. If I need a new log 10 minutes later, I open a new one.

Opening a new log manually still allows you to include the previous 1995 lines of text so even if you make the decision after the event starts, it's pretty likely that you'll be able to capture the scrollback.

This also lets me give each log its own title, which always begins with the character's name (so I can reflect on memories by character rather than try to find an event by date).

Example:

lizzie - meets johnboy the sorcerer.txt
lizzie - talk with templar fancypants about johnboy.txt
lizzie - second talk with templar fp re - johnboy.txt
lizzie - death of johnboy.txt
lizzie - fancypants kills lizzie wtf.txt

(I always save them as .txt files)

(edited to add:)
I also sort them by date order. That way I have a one-line-per-event synopsis of my character's existence as a PC, all nice and neat in the order of events, seperated so that I don't confuse the last event of one character with the first event of the next.

Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Thread hijacking in progress:

So, I'm trying to get a single word highlighted. Now, normally I would have no problem with this, but I wanted to get fancy. Specifically, I wanted color words (such as grey) to show up in their color.

Currently I have tried a few things.
"\bgrey.+\b(?i)" doesn't work as it highlights the rest of the line after "grey".

"\bred.(?i)" semi works as it will highlight "red" and "reds", but not things such as "reddish".

"\bred(?i)" is what I've resorted to for the time being, as it at least highlights the color, if not any plural forms or extra suffixes.

Is there any way to highlight one single word and account for a suffix of any length, and then cut the trigger off at the next space? (Ideally, also cut it off in the event of a dash or colon or what have you.)

"] yer a wizard, oashi"

The issue you might be having with the logger if you're running Windows 7 is that Mushclient doesn't have the correct permissions to write documents.  Try running mushclient as Admin and see if that fixes the problem.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

Quote from: bcw81 on March 28, 2013, 01:35:53 PM

So, I'm trying to get a single word highlighted. Now, normally I would have no problem with this, but I wanted to get fancy. Specifically, I wanted color words (such as grey) to show up in their color.

"\bgrey.+\b(?i)" doesn't work as it highlights the rest of the line after "grey".

"\bred.(?i)" semi works as it will highlight "red" and "reds", but not things such as "reddish".

"\bred(?i)" is what I've resorted to for the time being, as it at least highlights the color, if not any plural forms or extra suffixes.

Is there any way to highlight one single word and account for a suffix of any length, and then cut the trigger off at the next space? (Ideally, also cut it off in the event of a dash or colon or what have you.)

This doesn't answer your question about single words, but it does highlight all the colors if you load it up: http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,44134.0.html
Fear is the mind-killer.

Quote from: benegesseritwitch on March 28, 2013, 04:42:25 PM
Quote from: bcw81 on March 28, 2013, 01:35:53 PM

This doesn't answer your question about single words, but it does highlight all the colors if you load it up: http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,44134.0.html
That's also experiencing the same problems I was having, however, it did also have a lot more work done than I had, so thank you. But I'm just going to go the long method, cut everything off after the exact text, (so I don't get redacted and such) and then make a whole new one for reds, and for reddish.

"] yer a wizard, oashi"

I highlight combat messages and communication messages, and fade out overheard conversation and whispers.

I also highlight room titles to help with visual separation.

It works really well for me without being too flashy or distracting.