Who's Your Mama?

Started by Barzalene, February 11, 2011, 09:08:43 PM

I wanted to play with the idea of what Zalanthan family really looks like and how it functions. To that end I'm looking for three players to play three children. All pc's will need to be under 22 years old. We'll have to agree on a starting city. (You of course are welcome not to start in the starting city, but your background should reflect that that is where your pc came from.) I think there should be some items on which all reach a consensus, such as some, if only slight, family resemblance, whether there will be a last name other things we should know going in.

I really don't want to tell anyone what to play or how to play so the only constraints will be those needed to satisfy the guidelines of family roles, such as all must be of the same race. You'll need to conform to the background approved by staff, but it's pretty open ended.

I only play peak and weekends and would prefer to play with people that can at play those times at least a couple times a week.

Finally, if you have some part of Zalanthan family life you'd like to portray or explore that's a plus.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Barzalene is a fantastic player. Endorsement + 1. This sounds like a great family opportunity.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Barzalene is amazing.  Wish I didn't play so late.  ;)
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

What's your timeline on this?
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

As soon as the roles are filled we'll go. I'm ok with waiting, but other people may be without roles and want to play and then it becomes more pressing.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I'll wish you well, then. Looks like fun.
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

Awww. I was going to talk you into playing another role with me but now it would probably be bad form.  :'(

You were? Well, there's always later.

As of now one of the spots is taken. That player is flexible with the start time. So, that means I too am flexible with a start date. By that I mean in the next week or two, more than the next year or two. This may change if the next person is more anxious to start quickly.

Best of luck Barzalene.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

I imagine that a complete character restart is required, as in we can't just 'add' in our existing character?

Can't Endorse This Enough.

Barzalene is incredible.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: Mooney on February 14, 2011, 10:57:42 AM
I imagine that a complete character restart is required, as in we can't just 'add' in our existing character?

If I understand the new Family rules, correct.
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

I agree. Barzalene is a fantastic person, in game and out. I met her elsewhere before here and I was always impressed with her conduct.

Also, she recommended the book of books to me and thus, is my buddy for life, whether or not she knows it. :)
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: Barzalene on February 12, 2011, 09:32:44 AM
You were? Well, there's always later.

I might not be playing the role anymore next time you're free, but maybe I'll get lucky.  :)

This sounds like a lot of fun.  If someone/thing drops a rock on my current character's head you can expect me to contact you :-)

Keep us updated on how many openings are left?
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

One left.

I'd take this one but I like my current pc too much to dump it. Maybe next time Barzy.  8)
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I think we've got three, will update if plans fall though.

We need one again.

I think we're looking to start as soon as possible this time. So, we're really looking for someone between pcs or willing to store.

I'm really hoping for someone with some ideas about how to flesh out what Zalanthan family life looks like, but barring that, enthusiasm for the role will suffice.

We're all set now.