The new Sanc

Started by Cowboy, January 12, 2011, 12:09:20 PM

Brand new Sanc and still only six folks can set at the bar.  I know this has been discussed before but why can't the seating be increased?
I'd rather be lucky than good.

I'm not sure where to start on this one.  Your premise is wrong, though.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

If you look at the bar and it says

There is one space here.
There are a couple of spaces here.
There are a few spaces here.
etc...

That means there is space for a chair. For some furniture (like a bar), it means you can stand at the piece of furniture or add a seat. For others it just means there's space for a chair to add.

So if there's space for a chair, presumably you could add a chair to it. First find a chair, barstool, etc in the room, perhaps using the keyword command, then type "put <seat> <furniture>", e.g.:

put barstool bar

I checked on some more values just to be sure before I elaborated:

The new sanctuary bar is no different in coded number of occupants that may sit or stand at it.  It is the same as the old bar.  This number is actually 8.  This is equivalent to the Gaj bar.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on January 12, 2011, 12:27:01 PM

The new sanctuary bar is no different in coded number of occupants that may sit or stand at it.  It is the same as the old bar.  This number is actually 8.  This is equivalent to the Gaj bar.

Yeah, but the gaj bar sucks ass dude.  Seriously, they have a shitty bar.  The Sanc bar is totally hip.  If it had a vajayjay, it'd be vajazzled, and it'd have a boombox and leather bucket seats installed.

I'm not trying to say you should bump that up to 10 or anything, but, y'know, that'd be pretty rad.

PS:  FUCK ALLANAK!

Peace!  *throws the mic, walks off the stage*
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: Cutthroat on January 12, 2011, 12:25:50 PM
put barstool bar

Watching an invisible Cavaticus struggle to get this syntax right is still one of my OOC high points. ;)
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: Malifaxis on January 12, 2011, 10:21:02 PM

Yeah, but the gaj bar sucks ass dude.  Seriously, they have a shitty bar.  The Sanc bar is totally hip.  If it had a vajayjay, it'd be vajazzled, and it'd have a boombox and leather bucket seats installed.

I'm not trying to say you should bump that up to 10 or anything, but, y'know, that'd be pretty rad.

...thanks mal.
Quote from: scienceAn early study by Plaut and Kohn-Speyer (1947)[11] found that horse smegma had a carcinogenic effect on mice. Heins et al.(1958)

I was kinda disappointed that the new sanct and new NPcs look just like the old sanct and the old NPCs even thought it was flooded/ruined/torn down. :(
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

They're actually highly trained actors from Poets' Circle doing a perfect re-enactment.

I don't see it. I wrote up the new NPCs myself. Not to mention the two rooms to either side of the (similar but not the same) room which you're thinking of, which are completely different. In fact, other than performers, about 2/3 of the npcs have been totally rewritten.  :-\
NOFUN:
Random Armageddon.thoughts: fuck dwarves, fuck magickers, fuck f-me's, fuck city elves and nerf everything I don't use
Maxid:
My position is unassailable.
Gunnerblaster:
My breeds discriminate against other breeds.

That's how hardcore I am.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on January 14, 2011, 05:43:34 PM
I was kinda disappointed that the new sanct and new NPcs look just like the old sanct and the old NPCs even thought it was flooded/ruined/torn down. :(

I can also attest that much of the room descriptions are very different from the old Sanctuary as well, if one takes a moment to read through them.
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---
Inara: "Thank you for the wine. It's very... fresh."

Mal: "To Kaylee, and her inter-engine fermentation system."

I have noted some differences already.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

The tavern was damaged in the HRPT and later torn down. I imagine that the NPCs who used to hang out in the old tavern and now returned in the new incarnation simply survived the immediate dangers of the HRPT.

I like the new place but I haven't come to terms with the black floor yet.  :)

As for the original question of the topic: Don't forget that there's also a whole lot of seating options in the other parts of the tavern.

Well, I guess if you were expecting something *completely* different, then yes, you are going to be disappointed. BUT...this is Tuluk, so there are *subtle* differences.  :P
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---

I found the color scheme to be steeped in symbolic meaning and generative of pious reflections on a variety of historical topics.

Also, kudos to the people who worked on the redesign.

There's at least 25 seats in the main room alone, and 8 of them are at the bar, so I don't think seating is an actual problem like it can be at other taverns in the game. I would suggest looking for different edescs in the rooms, which are pretty interesting.

this makes me wanna go see the new bar.

i remember getting kicked out by a PC for being an undesirable; nice touch. due to the nature of the bar they should probly do that more often.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Also, be aware that piling empty mugs and other associated junk on the bar only makes it worse.  Apparently bars have weight limits and cluttering the bartop with junk can be enough to occupy 'seats'.  I submitted a bug report on this a while back.  In the mean time, junk your stuff rather than putting it on the bar.

*Like Sephiroto's comment*

We should get a like button similar to Facebook.... ;)
"I stalk the shadows, I am the one who wears that friendly face. Behind your every move, there is nothing you can do. Pride yourself in the fact that you do not already rot and bake. Be prepared, I am always watching." - Allanaki Assassin

Quote from: Ampere on January 13, 2011, 04:57:34 AM
Quote from: Malifaxis on January 12, 2011, 10:21:02 PM

...thanks mal.

Oh... holy... shit....

I'd never seen that before.

Thanks, Ampere, you've given me something to torture my friends with for weeks.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Egads, guys. I'm pretty sure players wrote the rooms and Adhira attested to writing the NPCs. Be gentle. Yeesh.

I personally LOVE it. Maybe 'cos I never saw the old one, but I think the place is phenomenal.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: boog on February 23, 2011, 09:41:11 PM
Egads, guys. I'm pretty sure players wrote the rooms and Adhira attested to writing the NPCs. Be gentle. Yeesh.

I personally LOVE it. Maybe 'cos I never saw the old one, but I think the place is phenomenal.

I can personally attest to the fact that players put a lot of time and energy into writing room descriptions for the new Sanc.
---

Y'all a pack of dicks sometimes.

You know what to do when you're in Tuluk and the bar is full...

Quote from: Yam on February 24, 2011, 07:46:33 AM
Y'all a pack of dicks sometimes.

You know what to do when you're in Tuluk and the bar is full...

We should synthesis?