Picking objects up while hidden

Started by Spoon, January 07, 2011, 07:21:22 AM

This is my view on things:

If a character is hidden and they pick something up, they should no longer be hidden. If they want to remain hidden, they should use the steal command.

Watching 'someone' pick things up gets on my nerves, especially particularly heavy things. I was under the impression that anything other than 'information gathering' commands and skills would reveal characters that were hidden.

Also, I'm not a big fan of emotes when hidden. It would be better if you had to use hemote while hidden, then at least there's a roll involved to see who notices anything.

I assume you only mean with the 'hide' skill, as there are other ways to be "someone" that require you to semote, and also don't inhibit you from picking things up, and risking getting seen.

Yep it's the hide skill I'm talking about.

Quote from: Spoon on January 07, 2011, 07:21:22 AMIf a character is hidden and they pick something up, they should no longer be hidden. If they want to remain hidden, they should use the steal command.
This idea has my stamp of approval.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on January 07, 2011, 10:35:55 AM
Quote from: Spoon on January 07, 2011, 07:21:22 AMIf a character is hidden and they pick something up, they should no longer be hidden. If they want to remain hidden, they should use the steal command.

Double-stamped.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Zoltan on January 07, 2011, 10:45:02 AM
Quote from: Marauder Moe on January 07, 2011, 10:35:55 AM

Double-stamped.

Triple-stamped.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

It's a good thing ginka backs up your views already.  They are some nice views.  (I tested it a lot)
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Zoltan on January 07, 2011, 11:21:34 AM
Yaaaaaay!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

*Will not be outdone by Zoltan!*  :D
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Quote from: Aaron Goulet on January 07, 2011, 11:53:30 AM
Quote from: Zoltan on January 07, 2011, 11:21:34 AM
Yaaaaaay!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

*Will not be outdone by Zoltan!*  :D

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!

Motherfuckers.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

I'd like to take this moment to thank everyone for their support. I couldn't have done this without you. It just goes to show what we're capable of when we all pull together.

*Wipes away a tear*

Seriously though, some NPCs are doing it. The cheats.

That is because the NPCs are spamming both 'get .' and 'hide.' Cheaters.
You lift ~ with all your strength.
A long length of bone doesn't move.

What if the creature's sdesc is "Someone"?  What then?

Quote from: wizturbo on January 07, 2011, 07:19:35 PM
What if the creature's sdesc is "Someone"?  What then?

I want this as my sdesc.

Quote from: Spoon on January 07, 2011, 07:21:22 AMWatching 'someone' pick things up gets on my nerves, especially particularly heavy things. I was under the impression that anything other than 'information gathering' commands and skills would reveal characters that were hidden.

How about sleight of hand, too? That's supposed to be removing things from the area/your person without being noticed, and is the only way to "steal" things off of other objects, like tables.