Ginka the Gypsy Nomad's Epic Journey

Started by Saikun, January 06, 2011, 03:12:34 PM

So, the latest word is that the network won't be back until Monday. I'm not sure how that's possible, but whatever. F*$k a whole lot of that. I'm picking up Ginka tonight, and together we're going to drive around until I find a wired Ethernet jack that nobody's watching too closely. Tonight she'll probably be staying on the couch in the Libertarian dystopia of Saikun's Fortified Compound (no hippies or feds allowed). Tomorrow, who knows... but the game will be up, somewhere. Cue a montage of us sharing a latte at a coffee shop, running along a beach at sunset, playing catch, having a soapy water fight while washing my truck, and finding that we've been slurping up the same string of spaghetti in the alley out behind the Italian restaurant.

What does this mean for you, Joe Player?

1. The game will be back up tonight, probably about 8PM-ish eastern US time.

2. And this is the point of the above drug-addled rambling: The IP address is going to be changing. Maybe a lot, maybe not so much. But it definitely won't be the one it currently has. So, make sure you're connecting to ginka.armageddon.org, or www.armageddon.org, or whatever, and not trying to connect directly to the IP, because that won't work anymore. I know DNS modifications aren't instant, so there may be some lag while your various ISPs play catch-up, but our DNS host is usually really quick, so things should propagate out speedily.

We should have a permanent home for the game in the next couple weeks.

-S

OK, got the machine moved and everything. Sorry it took so long. Had to stop by my friendly gray-market arms dealer, and also dispose of some hookers. Ginka has quite the appetite.

Working out some network tweaks now, things should start to come back soonish.

-S

January 06, 2011, 10:19:36 PM #2 Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 10:00:35 PM by Saikun
While you wait, here's a picture of Ginka all coked up and covered in surplus Russian rifle ammo.

It's up, my lieblings. Go. Frolic. Enjoy the free usage of my precious electricity.