The Game's Down Thread.

Started by Zoan, January 05, 2011, 08:28:23 PM

Quote from: Fredd on January 05, 2011, 09:57:02 PM
Is it legal for me to ask for a link to this atonement? since my game aint up, and I would just piddle around?

it's either that or i shall go to achae/imperin for my mud need.

The irony of it is the game spoken of itself won't be up for a day or three.

Quote from: Kalai on January 05, 2011, 09:58:24 PM
Quote from: Fredd on January 05, 2011, 09:57:02 PM
Is it legal for me to ask for a link to this atonement? since my game aint up, and I would just piddle around?

it's either that or i shall go to achae/imperin for my mud need.

The irony of it is the game spoken of itself won't be up for a day or three.

Ahahahahaha.... it's a conspiracy.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Atonement is open for apps but the game world isn't open yet. Everyone is just sitting in a waiting room, pointing guns at eachother while the builders do last minute tweaks.

So then. this inquisition atonement is the right place, just nothing's going to go on?
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

i got too steep a learning curve wit a new MUD game. i no like, i focus my much needed attention on ARM.

one of those periods in time where you know you gotta play more often but your interest is at a temporary low point

then it got way way back up again

tonight, in fact.

*sob*
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Fredd on January 05, 2011, 10:03:07 PM
So then. this inquisition atonement is the right place, just nothing's going to go on?

Nah. Atonement RPI.

Quote from: Kalai on January 05, 2011, 10:07:59 PM
Quote from: Fredd on January 05, 2011, 10:03:07 PM

Nah. Atonement RPI.

This one is rpi too... hmmmm >.> I'm gonna do random stuffs on this mud while I wait for my beloved arm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YmnG2pzVgQ

Is it the atonement set in the year 2525? Just typed in Atonement Mud in google.

If so, without reading any documentation, I concude it is similar to the link above.

Atonement RPI is a survivalist RPI mud that takes place on the moon, in the future. It's sci-fi. Aside from being harsh and an RPI, it's a lot different from Arm. They're far less withholding with information, for example. On their official wiki on the website they name some (most, all?) of the creatures in the wilds, how they hunt, whether they're poisoned, and so on. I like Arm's "find out IC" strategy a lot better, even if it can be frustrating as a newbie.

kankwhisperer, i loves yer photo

i need new photo.

just found my camera.

i return to dead thread to post pics now
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

hungry little mobs,
gnawing at your staring eyes,
death by zalanthas

I do believe that our website documentation has a pretty exhaustive list of flora and fauna and some pertinent details.

And there's still a lot that aren't listed.  Atonement probably still has its secrets, despite a more thorough documentation.  Also, it has guns.  GUNS.  I can't play, though, because I had some account bug they're being slow to fix.  So I can't give a review.

Also, Cindy, I think you've gone insane.

Quote from: Cutthroat on January 05, 2011, 08:43:00 PM
Last line before crash:
"You are a little hungry."
Weep, write new PC.

lol I love this.

Quote from: Erythil on January 05, 2011, 10:24:54 PM

How old are you?  8?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Sacramento.
Honolulu.
Boise.

I sure love capitals!
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Quote from: Barsook on January 05, 2011, 10:26:57 PM

How old are you?  8?

I don't think he was being serious about being hateful out of boredom, FYI.

I can't play, though, because I had some account bug they're being slow to fix.

I had the bug.
So I just made a new account.
Logged in.
Doofed around in the guest area until I became really frustrated with their vendor/variable code.
Then I decided to make a character.
Then they rebooted partway through my making of the character.
Then I didn't bother to log back in.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Quote from: Thunkkin on January 05, 2011, 10:27:28 PM
Sacramento.
Honolulu.
Boise.

I sure love capitals!

London
Moscow
Paris

I do too

Quote from: Bebop on January 05, 2011, 10:28:39 PM

How old are you?  8?

Oh, whatever, we are all bored.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

The game is down. I think I might sketch a character or two, if anyone is interested. I can't promise quality, but hey, that's okay, right?
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: Barsook on January 05, 2011, 09:15:38 PM
Quote from: Cindy42 on January 05, 2011, 09:08:50 PM
how long will it be?

The post said 24 hours, so THAT LONG.

Whats sad is they took it down at 1am cst wednesday morning :/ but have to wait 24 hrs to bring it back
Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"

I do believe that our website documentation has a pretty exhaustive list of flora and fauna and some pertinent details.

And there's still a lot that aren't listed.  Atonement probably still has its secrets, despite a more thorough documentation.  Also, it has guns.  GUNS.  I can't play, though, because I had some account bug they're being slow to fix.  So I can't give a review.

There are some Arm creatures that aren't on there. Also, while Arm has documentation on fauna, it's mostly lore based things while Atonement's documentation is far more specific. For example, in Atonement they specifically state which creature has poison that stiffens it's prey, or what certain creatures eat, how they hunt, what times they're asleep/awake, and so on. Arm does that for a few of them, but even then, it's speculative, with things like, "It is believed that X preys on the large Y in the area." I don't think Arm documentation definitively says, "X eats Y's, so if you see Y's dead in Z manner, then it was eaten by an X."

I much prefer Arm's method, because it encourages rumors and uncertainty. While I'm sure there is a lot unlisted, things like the wiki entry for Atlas would have been so much cooler to find out through rumors or via RP rather than reading a wiki that says there's a giant robot there that kills people.

Quote from: Barsook on January 05, 2011, 10:29:33 PM
Quote from: Thunkkin on January 05, 2011, 10:27:28 PM
Sacramento.
Honolulu.
Boise.

I sure love capitals!

London
Moscow
Paris

I do too

Quote from: Bebop on January 05, 2011, 10:28:39 PM

How old are you?  8?

Oh, whatever, we are all bored.

Yeah, we're all bored.  We're all frustrated our game is down.  We're all wanting to chokeslam some fools at an ISP who don't double check account details.

The difference is that most of us are being pleasant about it, and those of us who do know how to be a dick in an original and oft-times amusing (to most) fashion are specifically not doing it.

Why?

Because...
QuoteYeah, we're all bored.  We're all frustrated our game is down.  We're all wanting to chokeslam some fools at an ISP who don't double check account details.

So please, go file off your snarky bits with a granite rasp, come back after you realize that no one here is your enemy, and realize that none deserve your rancor.

Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Atonement or Arm:
Why choose between the two MUDs?
Shoot elves with pistols.

i'm hyper, i guess. and i know it is the way i type.

and i know i didn't really do anything wrong. i'll just stop checking here and play ARM when it goes online again  ;D
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Cutthroat on January 05, 2011, 10:41:54 PM
Atonement or Arm:
Why choose between the two MUDs?
Shoot elves with pistols.

I want to give this post some sort of award. Can we give kudos for great forum posts?