stat strength ranges?

Started by Cindy42, January 04, 2011, 08:40:09 PM

i have a question and i'm wondering if anyone is willing to answer it?

what are the ranges of stat abilities?

i've once gotten "incredible" for my endurance stat, and very poor twice... what are the ranges and the extremes, and are some impossible with certain races, because to my knowledge the one incredible i've gotten, that character was certainly no warrior/traveling/physical work type. do the standards change with the race/guild? for example, will an elf with average endurance have less endurance than a dwarf with average endurance or is it the same?
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

January 04, 2011, 08:46:18 PM #1 Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 08:55:44 PM by jhunter
Absolutely Incredible
Exceptional
Extremely Good
Very Good
Good
Above Average
Average
Below Average
Poor
Very Poor

I think.

And yes, the message is comparable to your race. Average strength for a half-giant is much stronger than average strength for a human. Average agility for an elf is much higher than average agility with a human pc, etc.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: jhunter on January 04, 2011, 08:46:18 PM
Absolutely Incredible
Exceptional
Extremely Good
Very Good
Good
Average
Below Average
Poor
Very Poor

I think.

And yes, the message is comparable to your race. Average strength for a half-giant is much stronger than average strength for a human. Average agility for an elf is much higher than average agility with a human pc, etc.

thank you so much!

i've also gotten "above average" which goes in the one spot.
i'm wondering if there are mystical extremes only gotten once in a hundred times... that'd be nice to see. maybe that's the absolutely incredible.

thanks, the race comparison was very helpful.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Exactly what average for a half-giant means in terms of a human's strength, however, well, that's one of those number things we don't get to see any more (and haven't for a long time).
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Quote from: Cindy42 on January 04, 2011, 08:52:47 PM
Quote from: jhunter on January 04, 2011, 08:46:18 PM
Absolutely Incredible
Exceptional
Extremely Good
Very Good
Good
Average
Below Average
Poor
Very Poor

I think.

thank you so much!

i've also gotten "above average" which goes in the one spot.
i'm wondering if there are mystical extremes only gotten once in a hundred times... that'd be nice to see. maybe that's the absolutely incredible.

thanks, the race comparison was very helpful.

Ooohh...yeah I thought I was missing something...gonna go back and put that in.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Very poor isn't an option.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

January 04, 2011, 09:55:08 PM #6 Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 09:59:57 PM by Medivh
Quote from: Majikal on January 04, 2011, 09:26:59 PM

You won't roll this stat naturally, but yes it is an option.

Magick.
Hall of kings, when all your stats are 1's.
That's when you can have very poor.

Oh if you don't know Cindy42, all the stats have the same ranges.
Very poor to Absolutely Incredible applies to all stats.
Relative to your race (only) of course.

Lastly, yes, AI in a stat compared to Average is HUGE.
(Again, comparing people within the same race.)
Backstab is actually the only dialog option an assassin has.

Quote from: Medivh on January 04, 2011, 09:55:08 PM
Quote from: Majikal on January 04, 2011, 09:26:59 PM
Magick.
Hall of kings, when all your stats are 1's.
That's when you can have very poor.

Considering 99.9999999999999999999999999999% of the game isn't played within the hall of kings.

Very poor isn't an option.  8)
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Very poor is theoretically possible if your stats are 'debuffed' for some reason. You are unlikely to see it outside of HoK, but still... I bet if you tacked a few penalties on to an already poor stat, you could get down there.

This derail is pretty pointless.

Thread seems like it's question has been answered.

Sorry Cindy, looks like your thread has been declared dead/pointless.  I guess it didn't cut the mustard. You SHOULD know that I have seen threads go on for about 200 posts on Kalan fruits and their application in medicine / scatology / culinary applications.  Just food for thought for you there.
Malifaxis has UBER board skills

Quote from: ianmartin on January 05, 2011, 11:11:25 AM
Sorry Cindy, looks like your thread has been declared dead/pointless.  I guess it didn't cut the mustard. You SHOULD know that I have seen threads go on for about 200 posts on Kalan fruits and their application in medicine / scatology / culinary applications.  Just food for thought for you there.

I believe your snark is off mark, the thing said was the derail was pointless, not the question or the thread, and yes, the question was answered.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

This discussion of what is pointless or not is fucking pointless.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

So why do you all keep arguing about it?