A few ooc questions

Started by Kiara, July 18, 2003, 11:03:15 PM

Hey,

Ok I'm not a newbie but I'm missing something when I log on arm, like how the heck do you change your password to your account or do you have to write the account for that, I've never had to change my password so this is why I ask.

two is out of all the houses in the north which one is the best for ppl who play almost 24/7 and who love to rp with others constantly. Another couple of things to keep mind before answering is I'm very out going and I'm willing to work hard to help the house out oocly as well as icly.

I want to get away from merchant houses because I just spent a lot of time with a merchant house and I want something different and interesting.

If you want to write a reply here that's great if not you can reach me at Kiara_h@hotmail.com, I have yahoo, aim, msn. You can also pm me here.

(IF YOU WRITE ME A EMAIL I PLEASE ASK YOU TO WRITE IN THE SUBJECT ARM! THAT WAY I WONT DELETE IT)

Thanks for your time and effort,
The man wears his heavy war-saddle on his back, covering a tattoo

Crawling up on all fours, the man sits on a sturdy bed

The man sends you a telepathic message:
     "Alright, you got to tame a wild one today."

24/7...a rinthi elf. Wait. thats the south.
go south. oh yea.
Veteran Newbie

Well, on non-tribal northern clans, Winrothol is currently holding a 9 to 5 lead over Tenneshi.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I'd say that both Winrothol and Tenneshi have people on a lot...being that I'm playing a Winrothol and see Tenneshi up pretty late too.  I will say that I'm usually on for a while before I see any Tenneshi, though.  *shrug* Not trying to recruit, though that'd be cool, but just giving the facts as I see it.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

To change your password you need to:

1) Connect to ginka.armageddon.org 4050
2) Log in to your account as normal.
3) You will then be shown a list of living characters, or be connected to your 1 living character.  This step was streamlined so you skip the ACCOUNT menu.
4) You will be shown another menu.  Type "c" to disconnect from your CHARACTER.  You will still be logged into your ACCOUNT.
5) You will then be shown an updated menu.  One of the options is "(P) Change account password".  Type "p" and follow instructions.

It's a little kludgy, as the process was streamlined only for logging in as your character.  But it can be done.  The thing to remember is that you are shown a different menu if you are NOT LOGGED ON, or are LOGGED ON ONLY AS YOUR ACCOUNT, or finally are LOGGED ON AS A CHARACTER ON YOUR ACCOUNT.  At least 3 different lists of menu options.

-Savak
i]May the fleas of a thousand kanks nestle in your armpit.  -DustMight[/i]

Thanks guys it helped a lot, spawnloser do you mind if I pm you and ask you a couple of questions about Winthrol, I have a feeling that I might be joining that clan but I want to know a couple more things about it before I do. I also wrote the Imm that runs that clann and I'm waiting to hear back. Do you think this would be possible?

Go right ahead, Kiara.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I can say that from the hours of 7am-3am EST, there is ALWAYS both atleast one Winrothol or Tenneshi on. And yes I mean 3am est.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Okay, so how do you access the screen where you give yourself oodles of Karma.  I have heard of this happening and I would also like to be able to do it.

If you mean the screen where you can see what karma options you have acquired, it's the one you check when you're in between characters, in the main menu to check your character options.

Players can't "give themselves" karma - oodles or otherwise. Although you could've been making a joke and I just didn't "get it" when I read it :)

I was kidding, lol, I couldn't resist.

Ok, I know carnage wrote a post on slaves but I have some questions to, Like is it possible to go from a aide to a Noble to a pleasure slave for that noble?

But if that works then how would you go about it?

emote ponders!

From an aide to a pleasure "slave" would take a serious incident, stripping a character of their freedom.

To go from an aide to a lover is definently possible, however the IC retributions if such a partnering ever got out might not be pleasant.

Like most things, in the realm of possibility just not probability.
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Ok, what about wanting to create a pleasure slave? How would you go about that aside from writing the imms and getting it preapproved etc..what would you have to go through as far as training and finding a "owner" (noble)??

This is obviously not an offical response, but I would say no and no.

All pre-approved slaves I've heard of begin as part of a noble house and with regards to training, I have a hard time imagining anyone would want to RP through that.

I would, however, check out Nephaets post about pleasure slaves in the northlands in Ask the Staff.

It does not sound like an enjoyable role (no pun intended)from an ooc perspective to me.
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

LMAO   NO NO!! don't get me wrong, I don't want to play the role, I'm just curious about it, I keep hearing ppl ask about these positions and I am curious as to how it all works and such, I have a char and I don't wish to play a pleasure slave.. lol... :shock: