Crim code when travelling to other cities

Started by Scarecrow, December 02, 2010, 03:45:40 AM

Heya all. Just a question I was wondering about, kind of obscure but I'd like to know.
Say for instance you have a PC who is a member of the Allanak Arm of the Dragon. Attack that PC is a crim code offense, instantly making you wanted in that city. But what happens if Allanaki Militiaman travelled to Tuluk, got into a fight, and a Tuluki attacked him? Would suddenly the Tuluki be wanted in his own city, for attacking a southerner? Would the northern authorities really uphold the "authority" of a militiaman outside his own city? Doesn't seem to make sense.
It could also be abused as a twinkish way of making trouble, then having the city guards fight your battle for you.
So, if someone who's legal authority goes to another city, gets attacked in that city, would the attacker get crim coded?
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

'Police' PCs have no authority, coded or otherwise, outside of their domain.

Yes, the attacker would be crimmed for committing a crime.  Just because the other is a foreign agent of authority doesn't factor in at all.  Attacking someone, anyone is a criminal offense.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

The southern militia man attacking somebody in Tuluk would be crime flagged, If somebody in Tuluk NOT militia attacked him instead, they would be crime flagged.

Of course, If PC templars or even animated ones got involved the actual end results might be interesting.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

The interesting question is whether you'd get a crim-flag in Allanak for attacking an Allanaki militia PC who isn't currently in the Allanak zone.

I'm going to hope the answer to this question is, "no," because it could be abused quite easily.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I don't know how it works on ARM, but typically how most enforcement works (on most other RPI-esque MUDs that I've played on) is that rooms are grouped into zones - clans are then made and given authority in these zones as enforcers. These enforcers can act in any room flagged a particular way; this extends only to that zone. In other rooms without that flag or flags, it's as if they aren't in their own zone. You might have an Allanak zone, or several Allanak zones or only have particular rooms in that zone flagged a certain way, a Wilderness zone (which could be broken up into several zones depending on size), Tuluk, Luirs, Red Storm, zones for particular areas that require separate enforcement clans, etc. Or it might be one big zone with only certain areas set to do certain things.

But, yeah, it's quite possible the system works differently on ARM.
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

Okay here's another question:
Allanaki militiaman, who is an assassin, is stalking his prey. Anyone who attacks him, even in self defense, is auto-crim coded. If the militiaman travels overland, stalking his prey all the way to another, foreign city, would the person the assassin attacks get crim-coded for his self defense? If so, that's unfair. I think it's unfair even using the crim code as a weapon as an assassin in your own city, almost twinkish, but to then abuse the crim code in another city would be silly.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

The cities have separate "wanted" tags that apply to characters, but I am not entirely sure if an Allanaki soldier could get someone in Tuluk crim-flagged in Allanak by attacking them in Tuluk, but I'm fairly certain that it would not crim-flag the victim in Tuluk, as long as the victim did not attack first and merely defended.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote from: Archbaron on December 02, 2010, 09:33:11 PM
I am not entirely sure if an Allanaki soldier could get someone in Tuluk crim-flagged in Allanak by attacking them in Tuluk...

I don't think this is the case.  This is speculation, but it makes sense that all the public areas of Allanak and Tuluk where PCs can get wanted are coded like clan areas of their respective militia.  So, any militia person must be in their own turf to get someone wanted.  I'm not sure if this applies to templar's "incriminate" abilities or not.  Hopefully that makes sense...

It is done by zone. Basically, allanakis only have power in allanak, and vice versa.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Sephiroto on December 02, 2010, 10:02:34 PM
I'm not sure if this applies to templar's "incriminate" abilities or not.
I would hope that a templar could incriminate someone anywhere, but have it only apply to their city-state, of course.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

> wish all
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on December 02, 2010, 10:39:45 AM
The interesting question is whether you'd get a crim-flag in Allanak for attacking an Allanaki militia PC who isn't currently in the Allanak zone.

I'm going to hope the answer to this question is, "no," because it could be abused quite easily.

From what I recall, this is not the case.

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.