Need a role.

Started by Azareth, November 24, 2010, 08:04:27 PM

Please and thank you... Give me all your best ideas.

Effete but murderous Salarri archer/merchant who loves to hunt and is obsessed with bows.

Human warrior/hunter (or warrior/mercenary, but that's unnecessary if you follow my career suggestion). Start 'em fairly young (16?); join the Byn; distinguish yourself; work into one of the noble house militias.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

A leather-clad misogynist gicker-hunter who dotes on his loving old ma'.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

A loincloth clad, eccentric merchant/nomad/linguist who likes to make things, sell things and travel the world.
Veni, vinci, voici.

I'm okay on my own.

Cut in. A bright-eyed young Arm conscript chases an elf down a dusty street, the cool night quiet but for the clap of boots on stone. Cornering the suspected burglar in an alleyway, the conscript steps forward to arrest the criminal - and out of the shadows come the rest of the elf's tribe. Cut out. Fade in. Tortured, brutalized, mangled, the conscript lies bleeding in the alleyway, drifting in and out of consciousness. Pan across his right hand, pan down - there's no arm. It ends at the wrist. He's missing an eye, his body is broken, and one leg is twisted beneath him. He's conscious again, his one remaining eye opens. Blood pools in the corner. Cut out.

Fade in. Twenty years later, a now middle-aged, bitter transient in Luirs questions the disappearance of his life-mate and business partner. Pan up to the man's face: his eyes are shut, he's cradling a mug of spiced ale in his hand. His eyes open - or, rather, his eye opens. It's the same man from the alley. His hand is gone, his sleeve pulls back as he lifts his mug up, baring a scarred, rough stump. Discharged from service in His Arm and set adrift after that fateful night, with few prospects and fewer body parts, he had wandered - restless, limping, noir. But eventually he had settled, and for a little while, he was happy. Fade out.

But now, sometimes, out of the corner of his eye he can see down dark alleys the glint of dull obsidian knives.
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

Quote from: Wolfsong on November 24, 2010, 11:03:00 PM
Cut in. A bright-eyed young Arm conscript chases an elf down a dusty street, the cool night quiet but for the clap of boots on stone. Cornering the suspected burglar in an alleyway, the conscript steps forward to arrest the criminal - and out of the shadows come the rest of the elf's tribe. Cut out. Fade in. Tortured, brutalized, mangled, the conscript lies bleeding in the alleyway, drifting in and out of consciousness. Pan across his right hand, pan down - there's no arm. It ends at the wrist. He's missing an eye, his body is broken, and one leg is twisted beneath him. He's conscious again, his one remaining eye opens. Blood pools in the corner. Cut out.

Fade in. Twenty years later, a now middle-aged, bitter transient in Luirs questions the disappearance of his life-mate and business partner. Pan up to the man's face: his eyes are shut, he's cradling a mug of spiced ale in his hand. His eyes open - or, rather, his eye opens. It's the same man from the alley. His hand is gone, his sleeve pulls back as he lifts his mug up, baring a scarred, rough stump. Discharged from service in His Arm and set adrift after that fateful night, with few prospects and fewer body parts, he had wandered - restless, limping, noir. But eventually he had settled, and for a little while, he was happy. Fade out.

But now, sometimes, out of the corner of his eye he can see down dark alleys the glint of dull obsidian knives.

GO WRITE A FUCKIN BOOK. ;)

ilu
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: boog on November 24, 2010, 11:03:43 PM
Quote from: Wolfsong on November 24, 2010, 11:03:00 PM

GO WRITE A FUCKIN BOOK. ;)

ilu
Seconded.  I'll buy it.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

A half-giant merchant.  I tried it once.

Quote from: Sephiroto on November 24, 2010, 11:37:18 PM
How did it go?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Dwarf Prostitute with crotch rot.

Focus: Spread rot to the entire population of a city.

Quote from: Ami on November 25, 2010, 12:44:47 PM

I can't really see that working.  Why would they ever charge?

Quote from: lordcooper on November 25, 2010, 01:04:02 PM

Ok just a dwarf who wants to spread it around a city?

So it won't be suspicious. The beauty of the concept is how to make herself so alluring that everyone would want to pay.

For money. For food and water and revealing  clothing and a cheap apartment etc.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

It'd be a convincing ruse, too.

A curvaceous dwarven woman says in sirihish, "Well... Normally I'd charge fifty 'sid for a screw, but for you, honey? It's free."

You notice a curvaceous dwarven woman smirk.

A curvaceous dwarven woman thinks, feeling pleased with herself, "Nobody can resist a good deal."
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

Decked out with a curly wig, thick kohl and some stockings.

Why are you all assuming it's a female dwarf?
Like a lithium flower, about to bloom.

Quote from: Ami on November 25, 2010, 02:35:10 PM
Decked out with a curly wig, thick kohl and some stockings.

It's creepy, I keep thinking you're nine years old despite you pumping out mudsex themed posts.

Quote from: Riya OniSenshi on November 25, 2010, 02:38:31 PM
Why are you all assuming it's a female dwarf?

Only Woflsong's post implied female.

And I guess s/he pretty much has to pick one.

Quote from: Barzalene on November 25, 2010, 12:00:31 PM
Quote from: Sephiroto on November 24, 2010, 11:37:18 PM
How did it go?

Zalanthans are racists.  They seem to believe every half-giant should be an axe-toting, skull-smashing killing machine.  I thought the concept was pretty win.  It was a lot of fun while it lasted.

The half-giant is a merchant who sells the services of the dwarf and is also friends with her. when people complain *squish*

Quote from: Titania on November 25, 2010, 05:06:28 PM
The half-giant is a merchant who sells the services of the dwarf and is also friends with her. when people complain *squish*

Has the HG also been infected?

Also, I'm now disturbed by the concept of a HG and a stump getting off.

Quote from: lordcooper on November 25, 2010, 05:25:36 PM

Just wait until you see a city elf and half giant getting off together.. *shudders*

I have... and it was willingly!
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Quote from: BlackMagic0 on November 25, 2010, 08:52:21 PM
Quote from: lordcooper on November 25, 2010, 05:25:36 PM

Just wait until you see a city elf and half giant getting off together.. *shudders*

I have... and it was willingly!

Grim indeed, but I was thinking more about relative sizes.  A male HG and female stump = split stump as far as I'm concerned.