Much needed break.

Started by Attana, November 24, 2010, 01:37:45 AM

Someone much in love with this game, my mother, the person I spoke with about everything my characters did - the person who expressed interest in hearing and learning of this wonderful game of ours - the person who encouraged me to play and write - passed away at the age of fifty-five last night, 11.23.10.

It's a tough time for me, and for my family, and I need to be there for them.  As such, I've decided to take a break from Arm for an undetermined length of time.  This isn't good-bye forever, this is a see you around.

Arm, I shall miss you while I'm gone.
After knocking back a mouthful of the contents of a full shot-glass, toking away on a rolled joint directly afterwards you say in desert-accented sirihish:
"They call me Tuber, and my son is Tuber-tot."

It is very hard to lose someone, Attana, especially someone as beautiful and loved as one's mother. I hope you know you and she will be in many people's thoughts and hearts. You have my deepest condolence.

A thing of beauty is a joy forever:
Its loveliness increases; it will never
Pass into nothingness; but still will keep
A bower quiet for us, and a sleep
Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.
"Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you." - Ovid

Sorry to hear this - we'll be here when you get back. For now, pay attention to what's important. You have my prayer.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I really cannot possibly express, in words, how sorry I am for you, Attana.

Have strength and see you, in due time.

:-\
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I'm so sorry to hear this. You and your family will be in my thoughts.
It takes two hands to open this safe. The manager has only one.

*HUGS*

Stay strong, keep the joy of your memories in your heart, and celebrate the time you got to spend with such a wonderful person. 

You're in my thoughts.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Best wishes.  I'm sorry to hear and I do hope you and your family the best.  Be strong, we will be here waiting for your return.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

Best wishes and Hopes to you and your family, Attana.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Well, I truly know how this feels, and I am so very sorry. I found that ARM was a great distraction for me when my mom was dying and I was trying to numb my brain out so I wouldn't cry 24/7, but then right afterwards, not so much. Please take very good care of yourself and your family. Love helps.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Best of wishes. Come back when you are ready and we will all have happy Arm times together again.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

**Biggest Hugs Ever****

I'm so sorry to hear this, Attana. RL always comes first, the game will be here when you are ready for it again. You will be missed, and you and your family will be our thoughts and prayers!

- Irulan
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---
Inara: "Thank you for the wine. It's very... fresh."

Mal: "To Kaylee, and her inter-engine fermentation system."

I'm so sorry to hear this happened, Attana.
And you have my best wishes in life coming forward.

I look forward to seeing you playing Arm one day again in the future.
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Im so sorry Attana, if you need anything let me know.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Death is a reality, but it doesn't mean we have to be happy about it.  Condolences.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Keep your head up darlin. We'll be waiting and keeping it rolling until your return.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Sincerest of condolences to you and yours, Attana.  I'm sure she'll be awaiting your next adventure in Zalanthas with bated breath, in a better place than ours.
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

I'm sorry to hear about this Steph, I know she's been sick for awhile.  I'm sending good and peaceful thoughts and lots of love your way.  You have my number - stay in touch.

Randomly thought of you the other day, and wishing well, now.  Hope you're alright.