Where on the Kinsey Scale is YOUR character? (lotta choices!)

Started by Nana, November 19, 2010, 02:17:23 AM

Your current character lies -where- on the Kinsey scale?

Entirely Heterosexual
21 (22.8%)
Mostly Heterosexual    (Incidentally / at times Homosexual)
25 (27.2%)
Bisexual
17 (18.5%)
Mostly Homosexual    (Incidentally / at times Heterosexual)
6 (6.5%)
Entirely Homosexual
1 (1.1%)
Asexual  (no sex drive or desire * See below)
22 (23.9%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Voting closed: December 10, 2010, 02:17:23 AM

Hello,

I'm curious about what sexual orientation (or lack of!) people identify their characters as.

To make this as much of a "snapshot" poll as is possible, I would appreciate it if you could answer for your current character, but obviously I can't stop you from using one of your most memorable characters instead.  ;)

* The asexual option here is NOT the same as a character being societally pressured not to have sexual desires (not going IC about this). But for instance, a catholic priest might take a vow of chastity but that does not make them asexual.

Please know i am asking about your character, not yourself... see disclaimer below if you're about to flame me.

EDIT: Seeing a lot of asexual votes; just to be clear, vote based on the character concept, not based on your own choice to RP mudsex or not.

To explain my motivation here, I am just curious as to how the current society of Armageddon's looks; does it vaguely resemble what Kinsey (who documented a scale similar to what I have above) predicted for America / Humanity in general? Seeing as Armageddon is kind of a "small city" simulator, i.e. it is a social game with politics and societal groups, an economy, cliques and the like, I suspect that it could very likely replicate reality somehow...

More interesting, I know for a fact a lot of Arma players play a character with a different sexual orientation from their own.

DISCLAIMER: I am not doing this for anything other than personal amusement and edification. I am well educated in LGBT issues and I am not here to discriminate. This is an adult game.. so let's be civil, if you don't like this topic, just don't post.

I have been interested in this issue.  I am a strong LGBTQ etc supporter in real life, and I was awesomely surprised at how gay everyone is IC.  I know it talks about homosexual acceptance in the docs, but I was skeptical.  If I could kudos the whole mud, it might very well be about that.

Honestly, people are more sexist than homophobic from my experiences.  But that's another issue entirely.  Please no derail, please.

I actually created the character I play now with a possibility of homosexuality, while favoring heterosexuality. I have never, before this character, played one that could have possibly been even remotely homosexual. Realistically, there's not much chance that this one will enter into a homosexual relationship either, but, again, first character I've ever made with the possibility in mind.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I put asexual/no sex drive, only because of the PARTICULAR character.

Usually, my characters are mostly heterosexual, but have no issue being homosexual should the situation warrant it. IE: They could provide extra resources, coin, or benefits if the relationship becomes sexual in nature.

I've got no problem FTBing or "flirting" with dudes. Because as we all know, there are no women on the internet anyways.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Most times I try to play a straight character they fall for someone awesome of the wrong gender.  :( Luckily I never actually established such, just considered it.

So nowadays I pick either bisexual or mostly homosexual, whichever gender I'm playing.

The poll came at a funny time because right now I'm playing one of my only truly heterosexual characters. Most of the time they're bi.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Current character is almost completely homosexual.  I generally alternate every character though.

What exactly is the difference between being pansexual and bisexual anyway?
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Quote from: lordcooper on November 19, 2010, 03:29:35 PM
Current character is almost completely homosexual.  I generally alternate every character though.

Pansexuals kank breeds.

/hide

Quote from: Nahara on November 19, 2010, 04:24:59 PM
Quote from: lordcooper on November 19, 2010, 03:29:35 PM

Pansexuals kank breeds.

/hide

Pansexual sounds delicious because pan = bread and bread is delicious.

From what I understand, though, bisexuals are attracted to both women and men, whereas pansexuals are attracted to either women or men, depending on the individual. Correct me if I'm wrong.
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

My current character is heterosexual, but only because his/her/its player is obsessed with imaginary boobs. :D
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Quote from: Wolfsong on November 19, 2010, 04:32:58 PM
From what I understand, though, bisexuals are attracted to both women and men, whereas pansexuals are attracted to either women or men, depending on the individual. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Wouldn't that make them hetero or homo, depending on the choice? Or am I misunderstanding?

Quote from: Aaron Goulet on November 19, 2010, 04:38:03 PM
My current character is heterosexual, but only because his/her/its player is obsessed with imaginary boobs. :D

Quote from: Akaramu on November 19, 2010, 04:51:23 PM

Wouldn't that make them hetero or homo, depending on the choice? Or am I misunderstanding?

Per Wikipedia, it appears to mean exactly the same thing, unless you work or teach in a field that indulges phrases such as "the binaries and essentialism of 'bi.'"
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

The individual they're currently attracted to, not the individual self-described as pansexual - that is, gender is less important than other considerations in determining attraction to a person or persons? Again, I'm getting most of my information from my younger biological half-sister's facebook feed, but unlike bisexuals (who are typically lumped into the category of being attracted to all men and all women equally) pansexuals may be attracted to a straight, gay, lesbian, or transgendered individual, etc., depending entirely upon the qualifications that particular individual has apart from sex/gender?
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

Quote from: Wolfsong on November 19, 2010, 05:00:21 PM

The individual they're currently attracted to, not the individual self-described as pansexual - that is, gender is less important than other considerations in determining attraction to a person or persons? Again, I'm getting most of my information from my younger biological half-sister's facebook feed, but unlike bisexuals (who are typically lumped into the category of being attracted to all men and all women equally) pansexuals may be attracted to a straight, gay, lesbian, or transgendered individual, etc., depending entirely upon the qualifications that particular individual has apart from sex/gender?

I might be being dense here, but I still don't see the difference.  Bisexual = kanks both men and women. Pansexual = kanks both men and women.

Quote from: Wolfsong on November 19, 2010, 05:00:21 PM

Naively, I'd describe such a person as a bisexual with a low sex drive.

It's certainly untrue that heterosexuals are equally attracted to all members of the opposite sex, so I'd expect corresponding variations in bisexuals.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

There's no option for inix-sexual.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Okay, this sounds like a definition that makes sense: http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100224141538AAVV8mi

This leads to another question, but I'm gonna post in Random Thoughts to avoid derailing this any further.

Interesting results so far!

This thread was never meant to be serious and so derailment is kind of impossible ...

I guess I kind of expected that there would be a lot of bisexual votes because I've seen a lot of bisexual characters, but I am kind of surprised to see no "completely homosexual" votes so far.

I am also generally impressed with the total number of votes, which may indicate that people consider this an important part of their RP concept, which is what I expected.

Only elves or half-giants.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Bisexual...How else could I threaten to rape near every character I find?

Also, interspecies is not out of the question...by a long shot.
Free your hate.

Quote from: Nile on November 19, 2010, 07:45:32 PM
Bisexual...How else could I threaten to rape near every character I find?

Also, interspecies is not out of the question...by a long shot.

This pleases me.