Mudsex: Epic Fail/Win

Started by bartenderer, November 06, 2010, 03:45:37 AM

Quote from: Akaramu on November 07, 2010, 12:14:36 PM
Quote from: Marshmellow on November 07, 2010, 09:02:00 AMAkaramu, don't tell me what to believe or not.  I played a character once that I mudsexxed with for a good reason once, and the second time the same two characters had sex I asked for fade.  The person on the other end?  Didn't have anything to do with my character again.  Tell me, do you honestly think the person on the other end wasn't in it for the playing mudsex for some sort of thrill?
Yes, I think so, because there could easily have been dozens of legitimate and perfectly IC reasons to avoid your character afterwards, Zalanthas isn't realistically a world of long, lasting, and monogamic relationships. The fade / breakup could very easily have been a coincidence. My characters, over time, have dumped other characters countless times after one or two sessions of sex, faded or not, for reasons that were not mudsex related at all. Assume innocent intentions unless you absolutely have solid proof stating otherwise - which, as a player, you will never have.
The coincidence was overwhelming and there are other reasons for me to believe what I do about that situation.  Yes, I will never have real proof, but I have my belief.  This is just an example, though.  I really, honestly do believe that some people do it for the personal thrill.  Again, I'm not saying everyone does this, but I'm not going to give some creep a jolly all the while wasting my time for no good reason.

Oh, and on another topic.  Most novels have a sex scene?  I don't think so.  Sex happens, but they don't go into detail, just like in a lot of movies and TV shows.  It's a fade to black so that the character development for the involved characters happens, but then they get back on to other, more important things.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Quote from: Jingo on November 08, 2010, 12:59:28 AM
Mudsex epic fail: falling asleep at the keyboard, mid session.

Been there, done that.  Multiple times.

Role-playing the scene, or fading, it's all the same to me, though each has it's merits.

Fading gives back the time spent on trying to write the (prolonged) scene out.

Role-playing the scene gives a chance for the character/relationship building, and great backstabbing "opportunity" moments.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: Preacher on November 07, 2010, 09:13:50 PM

Epic win: Premature ejaculation.  Cost my char a job, a best friend and eventually his life. 

I have been too nervous to come back to this post after putting it up on the fear of flaming. But glad to see it re-railed on page two!

Quote from: Mooney on April 01, 2011, 04:16:28 PM
The worldly burden of defecation is something I go online to escape.

And I will say this:

Mudesx- Fade or Play it out, love it or hate it, this post has over fifty replies and a shit ton of views, my other mudsex post was pretty close. I am lead to believe that whether you are sexxing the mud or not, ya all still love to talk bout it. So...

Epic Win.
Quote from: Mooney on April 01, 2011, 04:16:28 PM
The worldly burden of defecation is something I go online to escape.

I like mudsex. I don't care if the person on the other end is a dude or a girl, as long as I never find out it's a dude. I just automatically picture them as a female, and I don't think about the other scenario.

Mudsex can get very annoying if it happens often, and more so if I could be doing something else in the game. However, it is a perfectly good reason to sit in front of the computer for 7 hours, when normally, you would be bored out of your skull with your non-mudsexing playing time and log off.

There are times when FTB is the way to go. You still do the act, but you don't spend too much time doing it, and you can get on with skilling up/training soldiers/crafting silk socks, etc. But I absolutely appreciate the times when musex saves me from idling or from logging off in boredom.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on November 08, 2010, 11:27:52 PM
I like mudsex. I don't care if the person on the other end is a dude or a girl, as long as I never find out it's a dude. I just automatically picture them as a female, and I don't think about the other scenario.

Even if the character's male?  ??? Wait, not everyone has a case like that...

Quote from: Marshmellow on November 08, 2010, 02:01:36 PM
Quote from: Marshmellow on November 07, 2010, 09:02:00 AMAkaramu, don't tell me what to believe or not.  I played a character once that I mudsexxed with for a good reason once, and the second time the same two characters had sex I asked for fade.  The person on the other end?  Didn't have anything to do with my character again.  Tell me, do you honestly think the person on the other end wasn't in it for the playing mudsex for some sort of thrill?
Yes, I think so, because there could easily have been dozens of legitimate and perfectly IC reasons to avoid your character afterwards, Zalanthas isn't realistically a world of long, lasting, and monogamic relationships. The fade / breakup could very easily have been a coincidence. My characters, over time, have dumped other characters countless times after one or two sessions of sex, faded or not, for reasons that were not mudsex related at all. Assume innocent intentions unless you absolutely have solid proof stating otherwise - which, as a player, you will never have.
The coincidence was overwhelming and there are other reasons for me to believe what I do about that situation.  Yes, I will never have real proof, but I have my belief.  This is just an example, though.  I really, honestly do believe that some people do it for the personal thrill.  Again, I'm not saying everyone does this, but I'm not going to give some creep a jolly all the while wasting my time for no good reason.

Oh, and on another topic.  Most novels have a sex scene?  I don't think so.  Sex happens, but they don't go into detail, just like in a lot of movies and TV shows.  It's a fade to black so that the character development for the involved characters happens, but then they get back on to other, more important things.

Erm... really... I must be reading the wrong sorts of novels, then. I never said they go into gory details of the color or stickiness of the smegma, but...

How about words people can't stand while mudsexing? Nipple always makes me cackle. Does anyone have words they LOVE TO USE or hate to see?
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

No, not if the other character is male ... I'll only play out heterosexual encounters. I'm not positive that I'll never play a gay or bi character, but I know that if I do, I'll be very unlikely to play out any same-sex sexual encounters.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: boog on November 09, 2010, 12:01:05 AM

Erm... really... I must be reading the wrong sorts of novels, then. I never said they go into gory details of the color or stickiness of the smegma, but...

How about words people can't stand while mudsexing? Nipple always makes me cackle. Does anyone have words they LOVE TO USE or hate to see?

Some of my favorite words these days include: "Rancid", "Reeking", etc., etc., etc....

I make -sure- my mudsex partner knows my character's a dirty, nasty commoner that hasn't bathed since birth.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on November 09, 2010, 12:09:53 AM
Quote from: boog on November 09, 2010, 12:01:05 AM

Some of my favorite words these days include: "Rancid", "Reeking", etc., etc., etc....

I make -sure- my mudsex partner knows my character's a dirty, nasty commoner that hasn't bathed since birth.

"Lewd clapping" was a fave of mine.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

I've had a couple mudsex scenes in my time, but I always faded. Its not because I'm a prude, I just kinda feel like its the same thing, over and over again, and it doesn't mean anything different to my character.

Though I will admit, MOST of my PCs have no problem having sex with men -or- women. I consider Zalanthas a place where, if you're a dude, and you have sex with a dude and gain power/coin/fame over it, so be it. But not every gay PC needs to act gay.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

November 09, 2010, 04:51:11 AM #61 Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 04:53:20 AM by HTX
Oh, and on another topic.  Most novels have a sex scene?  I don't think so.  Sex happens, but they don't go into detail, just like in a lot of movies and TV shows.  It's a fade to black so that the character development for the involved characters happens, but then they get back on to other, more important things.

Yeah, novels are probably not a good comparison. Novels and RP intensive MUDs are two fairly different beasts. For a start, novels have the luxury of focusing entirely on the primary plot while irrelevant details are skimmed or omitted altogether, whereas in Armageddon each detail of a character's life is RPed out. As an example, if a character is clanned they'll regularly train and do chores or what-not, even if such scenes do not advance a story line. A novel, on the other hand, never would have 234634 scenes of cleaning latrines and sparring.

Furthermore, sex scenes in novels may take into account that the audience may not be comfortable with graphic sex scenes and thus tone it down to err on the side of caution, whereas in Armageddon the comfort boundaries of every involved party is immediately known because of the consent rules. Plus, the audience is much smaller (usually limited to two people).

Quote from: Riev on November 09, 2010, 04:20:06 AM
I just kinda feel like its the same thing, over and over again, and it doesn't mean anything different to my character.

Disagree there... it's hardly ever the same for me, and the differences have at times influenced character development and the story plots that surrounded them. Examples of past characters:

-Krathi who had a skilled whore mother in her background, and didn't really want to be a whore but when it was necessary for survival for awhile, the reputation of her AWESOMENESS in bed influenced plots. If I had faded, it probably wouldn't have been the same. Also, with the only partner she had who knew what he was doing to pleasure her as well, she had hemotes about heat and small sparks of fire. That one sex partner figured her krathiness out that way.

-Virgin who didn't want to die an 'old maiden' and spent a month or two looking for the person to do the deed so she would be a real woman (and could be convinced she was as attractive as she thought she was, despite being a shunned gemmed wiggler). The first time was pretty bloody, awkward and painful, very different from the Krathi's experiences.

-A sex godess who drove men crazy in their lust for her. It influenced various plots. Fading might not have gotten the point across that she had the potential to make men (and women) die for her once they'd shared her bed.

In the spirit of the thread, I guess that's my brag - my mudsex, when not faded, is meaningful and story relevant.

When I mudsex I keep it relevant, both hands on the keyboard (though sometimes I put one hand on my big mouse), and try to wrap it up somewhat quickly. I also usually leave it to the other player to decide between a fade or playing out the scene unless I don't have time for anything but a fade, or it's just a usual coital session.

I also try to make the primary allure of the sex scene anything but sex. I want the sex scenes to be remembered not because they were sexy, but because they were funny, or weird, or exciting, or even dangerous. Ginka knows I couldn't write a truly sexy emote to save my life. Also this extends to the fade emotes, which usually try to use funny or strange euphemisms or focus on something besides the actual act, especially the surroundings. The other character (or, uh, characters) involved remember the funny or weird things from then on. The other player (or, uh, players) involved usually get it and play along. That is a win.

My other win is that I'm like most players, I think. Although many of us won't say whether they mudsex, and many that say they don't mudsex indeed don't, there are actually many players that do, and we are pretty normal about it for the most part. I think the "Dreaded Masturbator Mudsexer" doesn't exist, and if it does then I don't want to think about it.

November 09, 2010, 12:04:13 PM #64 Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 12:16:37 PM by Akoto
I've never really understood the stigma against sexual role-play. It has its place in the world. There are NPCs who, to an admittedly smaller extent, exist to remind us of that. My thinking has always been that Zalanthans in general are sexually liberal, excluding certain tribal and noble folks (and not always, even then). If you're depicting it, so what? It's no morally worse than most of what we RP, i.e. vicious combat, torture, so on.

Though I can't go into detail, I have had two PCs who were career whores. They were very successful, and I received a great deal of RP which had little to do with the sex. Of course, the characters also had interesting secrets which helped to drive plots and RP.

Funny sexual encounters? The best was a virgin who literally passed out because he was so nervous. It was a hilarious scene.

As a side note, I always asked whether the other parties wanted to fade or continue. The large majority chose to continue. I would say the in-game stigma is quite minor compared to the message board one. ;)

After mudsex:

>ooc You now have crotch-lice.... Enjoy.

>w

Quote from: Qzzrbl on November 10, 2010, 05:59:00 PM
After mudsex:

>ooc You now have crotch-lice.... Enjoy.

>w

tee hee.
There is only one boog.

Quote from: boog on November 06, 2010, 06:47:56 PM
My epic mudsex win is that I've never used the word "gushes" in any line, ever.

But what about nipple?
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Quote from: Thunkkin on November 10, 2010, 09:12:15 PM
Quote from: boog on November 06, 2010, 06:47:56 PM
My epic mudsex win is that I've never used the word "gushes" in any line, ever.

But what about nipple?

I don't think I've personally emoted about nipple hardness. Did you ever use it?  ??? ??? :-\
There is only one boog.

November 10, 2010, 09:42:01 PM #69 Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 12:17:37 AM by Thunkkin

Quote from: boog on November 10, 2010, 09:29:59 PM
I don't think I've personally emoted about nipple hardness. Did you ever use it?  ??? ??? :-\

Lol, boog. <3
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

If I am dominant during mudsex and make my partner call me 'master', will they be stored for being in a slavery role?
Quote from: Agameth
Goat porn is not prohibited in the Highlord's city.

lol
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Zoan on November 11, 2010, 12:51:47 AM
If I am dominant during mudsex and make my partner call me 'master', will they be stored for being in a slavery role?

Signs point to yes.
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

Quote from: Wolfsong on November 11, 2010, 12:57:16 AM

Signs point to yes.

...Man. This sucks for me.
There is only one boog.

Quote from: boog on November 11, 2010, 01:26:48 AM
Quote from: Wolfsong on November 11, 2010, 12:57:16 AM

Signs point to yes.

...Man. This sucks for me.

I lol'd.
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."