Mudsex: Epic Fail/Win

Started by bartenderer, November 06, 2010, 03:45:37 AM

Quote from: Dresan on February 27, 2011, 11:53:01 PM
MMm~ A Mudsex thread.

Every year there is always at least one and every year the 'eww, that penis is going into that vagina' people seems to get angrier and more pathetic. It really sounds like some people never get laid in RL and are so sexually repressed that's it is honestly sad and they lash out savagely to any reminder of that. Seriously though any scene that's well RP is quite enjoyable and at the end of the day well RPed scenes are all people should care about but whatever...

My disgust has never been the people that are getting off by reading 'penis goes into vagina', my disgust has always been for the people who get off with the horrific gore, torture and violence that is sometimes graphically RPed in meticulous detail  but hey, its okay right? I'm pretty sure those people at least fade out when it comes to innocent mud sex at least.  :-\ 

I don't think the no-mudsexers are angry people. There are many reasons for preferring to fade that have absolutely nothing to do with being sexually repressed... if anyone sounds angry, then you.

Detailed torture rp certainly isn't for everyone, but if everyone present consents, so what? Live and let live.

Quote from: Dresan on February 27, 2011, 11:53:01 PM
MMm~ A Mudsex thread.

Every year there is always at least one and every year the 'eww, that penis is going into that vagina' people seems to get angrier and more pathetic. It really sounds like some people never get laid in RL and are so sexually repressed that's it is honestly sad and they lash out savagely to any reminder of that. Seriously though any scene that's well RP is quite enjoyable and at the end of the day well RPed scenes are all people should care about but whatever...

My disgust has never been the people that are getting off by reading 'penis goes into vagina', my disgust has always been for the people who get off with the horrific gore, torture and violence that is sometimes graphically RPed in meticulous detail  but hey, its okay right? I'm pretty sure those people at least fade out when it comes to innocent mud sex at least.  :-\  

The problem with the argument is generalization. It is as wrong to say "people who strongly dislike mudsex are angry" as it is to say "people who mudsex are just masturbating". No one on either side actually knows who is "getting off", and it's all conjecture and guessing games that people could probably play better without.

There are always going to be people on the GDB that say they don't, when they actually do. Or say they do, when they actually don't. It actually doesn't really matter so long as, in-game, the rules are adhered to and a good roleplaying scene is created.

QFT, because it applies to the discussion in general:
Quote from: Akaramu on February 28, 2011, 08:59:30 AM
if everyone present consents, so what? Live and let live.

Why do so many people get worked up over "sword goes into internal organ?"
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

February 28, 2011, 04:30:42 PM #178 Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 04:42:46 PM by Dresan
Quote from: Lizzie on February 28, 2011, 08:52:57 AM

No, the reason that I am disgusted by mudsex, is the idea that behind the monitor, there's some 16-year-old zit-faced kid jacking off to my 49-year-old self's text. Perhaps it's no big deal to you, and I know Reiteration gets excited by that, but it just is not for me.

lol.  ::)

In all honest, i don't care, but i guess that is because i don't think in the same way you do. Now, i suppose i would care if what you emote is so freaking sick and extreme that it rivals what the average 16-year old can find on tv, magazines, and the internet but then again its more disturbing to me that the same 16 year old can just as easily be exposed to detailed scenes of gore, torture and snuff. For the perverts who go around hoping to be playing with an underage person well that really is a matter for the parents of said teen and the police.

The irony here is that i always got the impression you were younger then me, but looks like your over twice my age. Just goes to show you, you shouldn't even be thinking about who is on the other side of the character.

Now back to the thread on hand, since i don't want Lizzie to think I'm speaking specifically to her my whole post.

Please don't get me wrong, i have nothing against how the game is played, i am all for fading to black or whatever people are comfortable with in game. I appreciate that before a gore torture  scene starts often a warning is given. I think the rules of consent are great. I am for living and letting live whether it be sex or violence so long as its in character and well RPed but that's really what my point was originally. The same people, (and i didn't mean to say they were angry but they sure sound angry and repressed to me at least), come here and begin bashing down those who consent to not fading. Again while i believe it is perfectly okay to fade to black ever time.... do NOT think your special, or moral, or a better RPer, more mature or act holier then thou just because you do.  The sex part is often a lot less disgusting then the violent part, but hey clearly some people around here don't agree.

Lastly i don't mean to sound angry, since i am not, again these post come up several times a year and its always the same thing, i had some time so i thought i would point something out to people.  If anything i am angry at myself for not avoiding these forums like the plague like i usually do, i should know better by now, especially when i am in the mood to start playing again.  :P

I'm thinking this thread has gone on long enough.

It's gone from playful joking to an all-out assault/insult to players.

Dresan, I don't know what troll-hole you crawled out of but I suggest you go back - Or learn to keep yourself in check.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: HavokBlue on February 28, 2011, 10:12:21 AM
Why do so many people get worked up over "sword goes into internal organ?"

Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I find that the less I think about my fellow players, the more I enjoy myself. I don't pull punches because I am afraid to hurt somebody's feelings, nor do I wonder about ulterior motives of character driven by the player's personal desires. The characters are in a sense real, and they act based on their own needs and desires. It's an idealistic way to look at the game, but I find it makes it much more enjoyable to look at it this way.

And that's all she wrote, folks.