Createing a Town/village

Started by Trenidor, July 14, 2003, 12:40:45 PM

Is it possible to create your own village if you got enough people?Not just a group of people that live in a couple rooms, and have some npc guards an such, but one that you can actually start in when your character dies.

I dont plan on trying this, I just want to know if it is possable if someone else wanted to do it.... It sounds really fun to try, but you would need LOTS of people. And I think you would need tons of staff help.

Also, if anyone plans on trying it(if it is possible) I am willing to help them.
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

Armageddon is amazing.  Anything is possible, if you're willing to do the work.

The simple answer is that anything is possible.  One character laid siege to Allanak with an army of slaves and dwarves.  Many characters laid the groundwork and helped both the invasion of liberation of Tuluk.  Rebel groups have blown up famouse landmarks, and tribes have set up encampments.

So, is it possible to build a village?  Sure.  Of course, such a thing would in no way be easy, and I would easily imagine one would easily spend a character's life time accomplishing their goal.

As a general rule of thumb, if it could happen if Zalanthas was a living breathing world, it can happen in game.  Just don't expect anything to come easy.

Quote from: "Gorobei"Armageddon is amazing.  Anything is possible, if you're willing to do the work.

Ice hockey might be a bit of a stretch, though.   :D
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

I think the Soh Lanah Kah started out as a purely PC based tribe :)

Think about it like this... Could you go out and start a village?

Just pull off the highway somewhere, and have a groundbreaking ceremony?

Just start thinking like that, and you'll be in the right mindset...

(P.S.- My point is you could, it'd just be incredibly difficult, and you'd have a tough time convincing settlers it's a legitimate and safe place to live).
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

You should get in contact with the thread about getting slaves.  Perhaps if there was interest in both you could set up a small town type place the houses "train/breed/keep" their slaves?
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

Dwarves man, the hairless freaks need their own place....the narrow-minded little freaks.... :twisted:

Actually, come to think of it, I made a thread similar to this... It's called Saturday Downtime Musings. This Week's Topic: A New City! Or something similar... Wasn't very useful, but it discussed ideas for starting a new city-state and considerations you'd need to take and stuff.

I'd dig up the link for you, but I'm lazy and useless drain on society.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

A lot of people are making things out to be harder then they are.

just go like this.

wish all Hey, I'm uhhh making a city.. called Krath town, load some Npc's please

emote Hammers in some wooden poles, and builds some houses

emote raises the city's flag.

emote watches as hundereds of people pour into the city and create a vibrant economy

Wish all Where the hell are those Npc's guys?

**Noob Disclaimer** This is not a joke...      :lol:
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Dakkon, please tell me you didn't do this.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

What? It'll work I swear. How do you think I made Tuluk and red storm? Karma 12 gets you the Pioneer class, Duh
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.