Rope

Started by Cowboy, July 13, 2003, 03:32:27 PM

I use to know how to wear rope on my shoulder and now have forgotten. Anyone out there remember the command to "wear rope shoulder?"
I'd rather be lucky than good.

Well, I'd guess that there are different rope items in the game.  You'd have to 'wear rope shoulder' to wear it there, but some of the rope items may not allow that, is my guess.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Have it in your inventory and "wear all".  If you can wear it you will wear it.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

It's the same rope I took off my shoulder to use and now can't get it back where it was....?

wear rope left shoulder
wear rope right shoulder

There ya go.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Right shoulder is an unknown body location
left shoulder is an unknown body location

wear rope left_shoulder ?
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

type in "help wear_locations" that should give you the answer.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

Well... There is one thing you can do... 'assess -v rope'

It well tell you where you can wear it. That and 'help wear_locations' as someone else mentioned. There could have been a change to the item and it's no longer wearable on the shoulder. As long as you didn't remove it, it stayed there and now that you took it off it won't go back.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

As is said "Creeper seems to be right", That is the only reasonable explanation..the rope is not wearable anymore. Thanks..it has made me crazy for three hours.

'wear rope shoulder' should be good enough.  as i recall, like with rings, you can't specify which shoulder.  it will default to one of one's shoulders before the other.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Speaking of ropes, to use one as an aid in climbing, is there any special syntax, or is it just a matter of holding the rope?
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

Just holding the rope will do.  Though, it goes without saying that you should probably RP how you are using the rope.