Idea: pour (container) bloodied

Started by Marshmellow, September 24, 2010, 07:06:26 PM

How about pouring water on items to wash bloodied/dusty off?  Just bloodied and/or dusty, maybe sweat-stained, but not stained or stinky.  Thoughts?
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

September 24, 2010, 07:50:12 PM #2 Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 07:55:11 PM by lordcooper
Should be codedly possible, but very low priority.

Is Amos mcCommoner gonna do this?

EDIT: emote Several people stare in shocked disbelief and the thickie, npc half-giant laughs at the stupidity of @ as s/he pours clear water from ~skin onto ~n00b-boots.
clean n00b-boots dust
clean n00b-boots blood
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Water, by itself, would cause those stains to set - not remove them.
Like a lithium flower, about to bloom.

It could be set to work based on the target's material type.  Clothing it wouldn't work on, but rocks it would, etc.  On such things they stains wouldn't set in.

Possibly give it a chance to go to 'stained' like when you simply clean something without soap, but a smaller chance.  I would think, however, that it should have no chance of failing unlike when you clean without soap.

Would Amos McCommoner do this?  Maybe.  If he had no access to soap but wanted to RP getting the blood off of him and had ready access to water because he's at an oasis or something but because he's in the middle of hostile territory and there are predators that should be scent-based (at least partially) hunters, I would think it awesome if he did.  Honestly, I think it would be super awesome.  I'd do it.

As for priority?  Whatever.  It'd be awesome if something like this could go in, I think.  If the staff does for Arm1, I'd be ecstatic.  If they decide not to, but to implement it for Arm2, I'd still be damn happy.  If they decide not to implement it at all, oh well.  It's just an idea I'm tossing out and I'd just be happy if people like it.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

one of the best coded features in the game is called 'emote'. With emote you can do all of those things you described. Infact, you might even clean regularly, and then just emote it out. And if you failed, well ... there are no absolutes. And gaaawd, is blood hard to get out.
Peering into the darkness, your voice uncertain, you say, in sirihish:
     "You be wary, you lot. It ain' I who's locked 'p here with yeh. it's the whol
e bunch of youse that's locked down here with meh."

Soap                                                           (Equipment)

As might be expected, you can use soap to clean some items.  You must
either be holding or have the item to be cleaned in your inventory, and
must also be holding the soap or have it in your inventory. Soap has
limited uses, and will disappear when used up. It can be used to clean
bloody, sweaty, and sewer-stained items. For tougher stains, you may have
to resort to stronger means.

Syntax:
   use soap <object>

Example:
   use soap robe

See Also:
   clean, use

Protip #1: Soap isn't the only blood/sweat-cleaning device in the game.
Protip #2: You do NOT have to be "holding" the soap - in fact, it won't work if you are. You must have it out loose in your inventory, not held nor wielded.
Protip #3: See bolded part in the help file above.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Tiny want:

>craft waterskin handful.purple.crystals into cleaning

You begin grinding the purple crystals and mixing them into the waterskin's water.

You shake your waterskin and successfully brew a cleaning solution.

>use waterskin stained

You rub some cleaning solution onto your blood-stained pants, cleaning them thoroughly.

Later...

You are a little thirsty.

>get waterskin pack; drink waterskin

You get your waterskin from your bahamet-embroidered leather backpack.

It tastes like a grainy cleaning solution.

Welcome to Armageddon!

Quote from: hyzhenhok on September 25, 2010, 12:29:25 AM
Tiny want:

>craft waterskin handful.purple.crystals into cleaning

You begin grinding the purple crystals and mixing them into the waterskin's water.

You shake your waterskin and successfully brew a cleaning solution.

>use waterskin stained

You rub some cleaning solution onto your blood-stained pants, cleaning them thoroughly.

Later...

You are a little thirsty.

>get waterskin pack; drink waterskin

You get your waterskin from your bahamet-embroidered leather backpack.

It tastes like a saltwater.

You are dying of dehydration.
Welcome to Armageddon!

Quote from: scienceAn early study by Plaut and Kohn-Speyer (1947)[11] found that horse smegma had a carcinogenic effect on mice. Heins et al.(1958)

[N S F W] Hell
It's all fire and brimstone here. Lots and lots of screaming, pain, etc.
You are here, burning to death.

>Drink skin

>You drink from your waterskin.

>You burn and writhe in pain!

>think Holy shit! Come on! Pour it on yourself!

>Pour Skin self/target/item

>You pour a waterskin onto yourself/target.

>The flames extinguish with a *hiss* of smoke.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Water is too precious to waste on washing in Zalanthas. At least, I think it would be. Maybe nobles and hoidy toidy Templars might wash, but the rest would probably be the great unwashed.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Someone needs to invent the Zalanthan equivalent of OxyClean or Shamwow.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: Scarecrow on September 25, 2010, 03:41:06 AM
Water is too precious to waste on washing in Zalanthas. At least, I think it would be. Maybe nobles and hoidy toidy Templars might wash, but the rest would probably be the great unwashed.

I know an obese, four-armed man who would disagree with you.

Thats not water, it is oxyclean and kalan fruit.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: hyzhenhok on September 25, 2010, 09:16:49 AM
Quote from: Scarecrow on September 25, 2010, 03:41:06 AM

I know an obese, four-armed man who would disagree with you.

Psh, you think he changes that water out?

IDEA!

You should be able to buy really cheap, really dirty water from that guy.

Alright guys. Everyone needs to remember that there's over one million humanoids walking around, so it stands to reason there's quite a bit of water in zalanthas. Sure, scarcity in urban centers makes cleaning with water a luxury only the wealthy can afford, but there are also plenty of wealthy folks.
Quote from: scienceAn early study by Plaut and Kohn-Speyer (1947)[11] found that horse smegma had a carcinogenic effect on mice. Heins et al.(1958)

My 2 cents - It is hard for me to think of a feature that I would prioritize lower -- maybe "nose picking" or "ass wiping" features (lots of interesting questions here, that might offend modern western sensibilities) should be below this.