Salarr

Started by Slightly Annoyed, July 12, 2003, 01:23:45 AM

Did Salarr recently decide that they were no longer a merchant House on their PC-side? Instead dealing only in their merchant aspect through NPCs and the very infrequent PC, and devoting a modest remaining population to guards? Or is just that those that are Salarr merchants are all strangely ill and unable to log on for good periods of time?

I ask because its almost as if they have an army of guards, but very few, if any, merchants that I can see.

So, Slighy Annoyed here signing out.

Well, not to get too IC, I know of several people that can sell for Salarr.  At least two in Allanak (granted, I've never met one of them with any of my characters) and at least two in Tuluk...and one somewhere else.  Don't know where, but I know the character exists.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Like all clans and houses, the numbers ebb and flow.

Some seasons it seems you can't turn around without knocking into a House merchant.  Othertimes they seem to be more rare then gold.

Have a little patience, do some IC searching and question asking and see what you come up with.  If, after a few RL weeks you still have no luck, consider mailing the clan imm with your concern.

The bottom line is to just have a little patience.  The pc merchants play for fun too.  While you and everyone else might just want them to stock you up with all the cool toys you are dying to have, they're playing thier characters to enjoy themselves.  Consider them representatives of three very very powerful organizations with far reaching influence, not your hook up for spiked bracers and a fluffy pink tutu.
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

I'd like to point out that playing a pc merchant of course like any other role is meant to be fun, however your forgetting something important here...
It is a role.
IC that is exactly what a merchant is to any other char, their hookup for whatever goods they happen to be in the market for.

Just like a pc guard is expected to man his post no matter how utterly boring it may be a merchant usually is expected to oh, I don't know, buy and sell things perhaps?
Just my take on it.

Quote from: "Anonymous"Just like a pc guard is expected to man his post no matter how utterly boring it may be a merchant usually is expected to oh, I don't know, buy and sell things perhaps?
Just my take on it.

I think that's what they're complaining about. That the merchants are never around to sell their products.  8)