What does [THING] look like?

Started by Blackisback, August 11, 2010, 09:05:12 PM

Quote from: Jingo on December 17, 2010, 12:41:28 PM

Kryl

All fun and games till ya get a face full of lov'n.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

There are different kinds of kryl.  You all know this, right?
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

I've always pictured them as buggier versions of the Makrura from WoW.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: Barsook on December 17, 2010, 02:19:31 PM
I thought they had wings.

I was think of the Kylori.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

See, I think of them more as Silithid reavers than Makura. Except a different color.

And wezers as the flying Silithids:

What would sandcloth look like?
Fredd-

thick burlap Is how I saw it.
Quote from: Cutthroat on August 22, 2009, 10:57:13 PMSo Eunoli Winrothol, Samos Rennik, and Thrain Ironsword walk into a bar. The Red Fang bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of my bar."

January 17, 2011, 07:41:48 PM #82 Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 07:47:00 PM by BlackMagic0
Kryl always struck me as being the alien race from AvP/Aliens with a mix from Tyrniod (or have ever its spelled) from Warhammer.
Specially since I went into one their hives and read a room description. Just screams Aliens.

Though MM is correct in that their are all kinds of kryl, that look different.
Though I think even those have a roughly still the same look wise.. club tail, stinger tail, or other wise.
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

I visualize the ones with club tails as Mirelurks with big ass tails.

i made a freakish green and brown thing with lots of spikes and knobs coming out of it on Spore once, and i always imagine the kryl as that thing.

things seem to be freakin' everywhere in that place.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

This is what I think of when I see a Kryl.

Your image is wrong.  That's a kank.  Kryl look a lot meaner, I assure you.

I imagine Kryl as a freakish blob of imagination that's very scary to noobs.

I picture kryl as a mix between:

and

Quote from: Marshmellow on March 11, 2011, 06:20:54 AM
Your image is wrong.  That's a kank.  Kryl look a lot meaner, I assure you.

Hey Puffy, I believe that this was my comment,

"This is what I think of when I see a Kryl."

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything. That is the visual image that runs through my mind when I'm fucking
me up some Kryl. Though, I appreciate you telling me what my minds eye is actually seeing.

I still imagine kryl as flying. This dates back to my newb days, the first time I played in Tuluk. Someone had warned me about kryl, and then I saw a kylori from a distance and assumed it was a kryl.

I do think kryl should be changed like most other mobs so that their sdesc doesn't tell you their species, and is instead more descriptive.

Quote from: hyzhenhok on March 12, 2011, 12:57:07 AM
I still imagine kryl as flying. This dates back to my newb days, the first time I played in Tuluk. Someone had warned me about kryl, and then I saw a kylori from a distance and assumed it was a kryl.

I do think kryl should be changed like most other mobs so that their sdesc doesn't tell you their species, and is instead more descriptive.
Do you have any idea how deadly that would be?

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: mattrious on March 11, 2011, 11:17:33 PM
Quote from: Marshmellow on March 11, 2011, 06:20:54 AMYour image is wrong.  That's a kank.  Kryl look a lot meaner, I assure you.
Hey Puffy, I believe that this was my comment,

"This is what I think of when I see a Kryl."

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything. That is the visual image that runs through my mind when I'm fucking
me up some Kryl. Though, I appreciate you telling me what my minds eye is actually seeing.
My point was having that image of a kryl is a bad image to have.  It won't leave you nearly scared enough for your character's life.  Go ahead and keep thinking of that image, but if you do, I think you're not getting into it as much as you could.

Kryl are fairly unique animals.  They don't eat solid food, so they don't have the normal jaw structure, just bits for holding down their prey.  At most, they probably have legs capable of grasping prey and a tail for stinging.  That's how I imagine kryl : all the important parts.

These facts alone are enough to keep me far, far away.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Quote from: hyzhenhok on March 12, 2011, 12:57:07 AM
Fredd-

March 22, 2011, 09:34:27 PM #95 Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 09:49:28 PM by Gunnerblaster

This is how I will forever imagine Kryl.

My first encounter with Kryl involved me killing it - and watching it's blood melt through the ground, the creature's carcass falling through.

Second encounter - Entered a nasty place, the place a scene straight from the Alien movies. Same place - Kryl swarming with Staff echoes of the creatures crawling along the ceilings, walls and floors.

This scene went down, just imagine more screaming, bone swords and no fully automatic assault rifles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kmTNObny3k
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

is that a bit IC-sensitive? cool, but i'm getting mild alarms.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

I think it happened years ago,
Fredd-

Quote from: Cindy42 on March 22, 2011, 09:47:13 PM
is that a bit IC-sensitive? cool, but i'm getting mild alarms.
It's been... Almost 2 and a half years, I think? But you're probably right so I'll edit it a tad bit.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

The things I've seen kryl do, things happen around kryl, and the mdescs of different "breeds" of kryl, are all way to IC to mention, but Sygorney Weaver's Aliens are the closet damn thing I've ever seen visually.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.