What does [THING] look like?

Started by Blackisback, August 11, 2010, 09:05:12 PM

freakish-ass things.

just another reason i prefer allanak. scrab beetles may have gotten addicted to the blood of cindy, but at least they're not freakish alien creatures. they're something understandable with logical animal rules such as kill, eat and shit.

has anyone else seen the documentation mentioning the origin of kryl? kind of creeps me out.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Cindy42 on March 22, 2011, 10:04:51 PM
freakish-ass things.

just another reason i prefer allanak. scrab beetles may have gotten addicted to the blood of cindy, but at least they're not freakish alien creatures. they're something understandable with logical animal rules such as kill, eat and shit.

has anyone else seen the documentation mentioning the origin of kryl? kind of creeps me out.

http://www.armageddon.org/general/beasts.html#kryl
QuoteKryl : Little is known of the hideous, spike-jawed kryl that live to the far east of Tuluk. Many whisper of their venom, which they use to paralyze their victims and drag them off to their nest where all manner of horrors are said to occur. Their dark, black chitin is renowned for its use in armor, not only for its light weight and strength, but its ominous associations with the creature.

http://www.armageddon.org/original/showSubmission.php?submission=590
(A must-read on the subject of Kryl.)

Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on March 22, 2011, 10:20:49 PM
Quote from: Cindy42 on March 22, 2011, 10:04:51 PM
freakish-ass things.

http://www.armageddon.org/general/beasts.html#kryl
QuoteKryl : Little is known of the hideous, spike-jawed kryl that live to the far east of Tuluk. Many whisper of their venom, which they use to paralyze their victims and drag them off to their nest where all manner of horrors are said to occur. Their dark, black chitin is renowned for its use in armor, not only for its light weight and strength, but its ominous associations with the creature.

http://www.armageddon.org/original/showSubmission.php?submission=590
(A must-read on the subject of Kryl.)

http://www.armageddon.org/general/mutant.html

i actually meant this, but the story's pretty cool.
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

... Ya'll keep making me scared when you post scarier and scarier images of Kryl. This isn't fun, this is torture now >.> I'll run every damn time I see "the something something KRYL OMFG"

Quote from: Saellyn on March 22, 2011, 11:38:38 PM
... Ya'll keep making me scared when you post scarier and scarier images of Kryl. This isn't fun, this is torture now >.> I'll run every damn time I see "the something something KRYL OMFG"
Realistically, I'm pretty sure just about everyone would react in the same fashion.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

That's the proper reaction to kryl, so I think we've accomplished something good.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Quote from: Marshmellow on March 23, 2011, 06:25:43 AM
That's the proper reaction to kryl, so I think we've accomplished something good.

i assumed one should be terrified out of their minds to begin with, because that's how my first encounters with kryl were.

i already liked allanak better than tuluk, but... damn. i've taken to searching the horizon while on the north road to make sure a kryl isn't banging on the gates of Tuluk.
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

I always thought of Kryl as really big, mean scorpions for whatever reason. Maybe I have to read their desc again, but that's what I always figured they looked like.

I'm not sure about you guys, but when I encounter the sdesc of something scary, I just spam flee without looking at the desc. Which is probably why I don't have a good idea as to what most of the badasses look like.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on April 20, 2011, 11:58:28 PM
I'm not sure about you guys, but when I encounter the sdesc of something scary, I just spam flee without looking at the desc. Which is probably why I don't have a good idea as to what most of the badasses look like.

Pretty much this.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

When i think of kryl i think of zerg from strarcraft of the bugs from starship troopers thats how i visualize them

Quote from: Thunkkin on April 21, 2011, 12:57:29 AM
Quote from: SMuz on April 20, 2011, 11:58:28 PM

Pretty much this.

This.  I've been ballsy now and again, though.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Durrit. How humanoid is it? I can't figure out whether it's a bestial kobold, a tiny anorexic bear, or what.
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

And what about that humanoid figure in Tuluk? Or is that too IC?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Ocotillo on May 11, 2011, 06:43:11 PM
Durrit. How humanoid is it? I can't figure out whether it's a bestial kobold, a tiny anorexic bear, or what.

I imagine it closer to a fully animalistic satyr.  No human top-half.

wrong thread!
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Does anyone know what an obsidian coin looks like?

since it's the universal coin I assume it doesn't have -anybodys- face on, but does it have some kind of marking? Or is it just a flat disk?  If it's the later I find it hard to believe there isn't a coin-making tribe out there, pounding out the obsidian.

The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: perfecto on May 28, 2011, 01:32:49 AM

since it's the universal coin I assume it doesn't have -anybodys- face on, but does it have some kind of marking? Or is it just a flat disk?  If it's the later I find it hard to believe there isn't a coin-making tribe out there, pounding out the obsidian.

It has Tektolnes' face on it and it's minted in Allanak AFAIK.

The Tuluki's probably pretend it's the Sun King's face on it, but yeah, everyone uses the allanak coinage.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: Yam on May 28, 2011, 01:39:23 AM
Quote from: perfecto on May 28, 2011, 01:32:49 AM

It has Tektolnes' face on it and it's minted in Allanak AFAIK.

From flipping a coin, one can find there is a chest on one side and a cross on the other. I would imagine - and these are just ways I like to see it - Tek's face (or what Tek wants people to believe is his face!) would be superimposed over the cross, and on the other side, the chest is full of coins.

lolol tribals

Don't stare if you're epileptic:

Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Tribal nipple slip... classic, thanks boog.
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: perfecto on May 29, 2011, 12:21:33 AM
Tribal nipple slip... classic, thanks boog.
'

And a nip slip in the wrong thread. I am winning tonight.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Try putting all but one coin in a pack and "look coin." Cross and Tek's face, IIRC.
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a

Quote from: Wasteland Raider on May 30, 2011, 04:50:26 AM
Try putting all but one coin in a pack and "look coin." Cross and Tek's face, IIRC.

Depending on what sort of coin....

I could've sworn I remember there being separate "Allanaki" coins and just regular "coins".

Never looked to see the difference though-- and Staff might've changed it somewhere since then.