Death from Old Age

Started by Scarecrow, August 09, 2010, 06:35:37 AM

Okay, so Zalanthan characters usually die (and messily) long before they are wrinkled and aged and withering away in the bed, surrounded by family and such. But, has -anyone- ever seen what happens when a PC dies of old age? Do they just drop dead all of a sudden, have a stroke, heart-attack, last agonised death rasp before shuddering to the ground etc etc?
There has to be some sort of prize for dying of old age in Armageddon. You'd be a statistical miracle.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Que a flurry of "Find out IC" responses.

There have been a few ancient pcs but they're very few and far between. I'm not quite sure how they died.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

As far as the more coded effects go, as you age, your endurance goes down.  (See 'help age'.)  This is progressive and really has no end.  Eventually your endurance will be 1 and you will have 1 hp.  A stiff breeze would knock you over.  (A slight bug resulted in every NPC in the game suffering from rapid aging at one point.  It was funny.  For a short period of time, huge sections of the NPCs had only 1 hp.)
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

So Absolutely Incredible endurance means you'll live for an absolutely incredible long time?
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

August 09, 2010, 04:28:21 PM #5 Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 04:30:11 PM by FightClub
Quote from: Gunnerblaster on August 09, 2010, 04:18:43 PM
So Absolutely Incredible endurance means you'll live for an absolutely incredible long time?

If you're a half-giant, or a mul, or a dwarf. Probably not so much for a human, AI endurance would probably render like 120-130 hp?

And as far as the average players are concerned, AI stats mean you'll die quicker, because you do more stupid crap.
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

Okay, thanks for your responses. Somehow though I doubt I'll ever get a chance to become a 1hp "drop a baobab twig on my head and it'll snap my neck" old fellow.  :D
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on August 09, 2010, 04:18:43 PM
I

I'd imagine the older you get, the more quickly your endurance drops....

Don't think even AI endurance could save you. x]

I did have an ancient elf once, with a mature aged desc - needless to say, yea, I was away from the game many years RL and came back to him and stored him almost immediately I believe.

Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"

The only super aging character I had was before the aging-stats thing came in.

And I had sick stats.

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.