Ladies, what do you think?

Started by sarahjc, July 11, 2003, 11:21:01 AM

Do you think there is a market in game for a high-end woman’s finery store? There are bunches of finery stores, but I mean one that has about 60 pairs of shoes to choose from, with matching purses and a complimenting dresses!  :D

There are a lot of noble women in game and many well to do women. I think they want to look good. I have seen a bunch of nice things in finery shops, but most don't match. I think it could be profitable. And how about all those templars and noble men with wives. Don't they have anniversaries?

I would love to see
Sun umbrellas
Fancy Hats
More than 10 pairs of nice shoes.
Pretty nightdresses.

I would love to see a room description like:

You enter into a bright sunlit dress shop. To your rights stands a wooden carved figure of a woman dressed in a Sage linen dress with square neckline, boned bodice and button back. Her carved hand holds a white linen sun umbrella with delicate floral sage colored embroidery.  The shelves behind the counter are lined with an array of dress hats, headpieces and jewelry.  The Rack on the rear wall is full of delicate shoes and sun umbrellas. The wall to the left holds racks of dresses, skirts and blouses. The petite wavy haired shopkeeper gingerly walks around the shop straitening racks and attending to customers.

Then when you speek to the shopkeeper you get a list of about 200 coordinating items..

I know it’s a savage wasteland. But come on, You have money! And in the city and for the very wealth, shouldn’t high end shopping be a one of the perks.

I know, I’m such a girl.…
:wink:
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

I figured I would get a bunch of negative feedback and be forced to change my log in name.

I supose it  would seem pretty big and fluffy. But I would settle for about 70 or 80 items in a small butique. Maybe I'm overestimating the need for well dressed, well put together noble women on Arm.
But then again, if one noble women were to walk into a tavern looking fantastic. I'm willing to bet that all the others would want to know where she got that unusually well put together outfit. Seeing as how not many nice things that you buy in the Bazar or in the northland shops really go together all that well. I'm just looking for fashionable literate nobility.

Or maybe I really just want a parasol.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!

Go play the sims.
I wish it hurt to be dumb.

Have your character talk to a Kadian merchant. :)

Other than that, Tuluk's shops are still rebuilding.

That is why she said Finery store...I do not know if it is actually needed but you could talk to the House Kadius IMMs and give them idea for new items and such. The stores that are there do not have that many items as it is, so why not just expand on that.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

I'd like to throw in my support for MORE PARASOLS!  When I was in the delicate, pale skinned crowd I would MUCH rather have had a parasol than a stupid hooded cloak, but I only saw a parasol in a shop once, and it drastically clashed with the rest of my clothes.

Why is a parasol better than a cloak?  Because when you wear a cloak nobody can see what you wear on your torso.  Dresses, gowns and frocks are worn on the torso, so if  you wear a cloak over them you look naked.  :o  That means you either have to take off your cloak whenever you come indoors (and probably have it stollen out of your inventory) or try to find a nice blouse and shirt combination instead of a dress.  :(  Besides, carring a parasol shows that you are so rich and secure that you don't need to keep your hands free for more important items.  ;)

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Couple things... first..there are some craftable parasols..and I think it would be nifty to have some more..so much so that I think I'll personally submit a few. Maybe some other people can as well.

Secondly, I think that perhaps a better idea then a shop (at least at first) is a PC tailoring business.  Build a clientele of customers..write up some nice clothing and submit it..go through the IC hassle of buying the material, emoting and sewing it up and submitting a log of yourself doing it to the Mud.  It isn't easy and will take a log of RL time, but its doable.

A custom PC tailor with good writing ability (to come up with gorgeous clothing) would do very well and -eventually- have the sid to own their own shop with their own designs, assuming Kadius didn't kill them for trying, of course...

Nothing personal, but I think this's a kind of bad idea. There's already a couple/few shops completely devoted to high end stuff just in Allanak. Hell, most of the inventory is devoted to women. Again, nothing personal, but I'm starting to get sick of all this high-end silk crap, where maybe one or two people have so-and-so garment as opposed to Bynners basically having identical armor and weapons.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Thanks for the supporters! I think I will see if I can submit a high end parasol line with some cordinates. I'd love to see all the upperclass ladies out from under those big heavy cloaks holding a parasol and some matching gloves.  :D

I'd like to see more variety in men's clothes. And more variety in 'commoner' clothing.

Maybe I'll write some up.

I'd like to see some really ragged clothing for sale outside the 'rinth. And new armors, but more stylish. Of course, the best way to get something done is to do it yourself... I'd gladly write something up and send it in, if only I had a working email account... *grumble grumble*

I still remember the first items I sent in... Only two, and they were a couple of vests of brigandine armor. One appears in the 'rinth, I'm told, while the other was apparently sent to the Northlands. It gave me such a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing I contributed to the game. That warm and fuzzy feeling would be amplified, though, if I ever saw someone wearing it...
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Well I would gladly forward an email if you PMed me the descriptions.

/me cuts down another excuse.
Veteran Newbie

While I too disagree with the general idea of the shop, I like the idea of parasols and a wider variety of hats to shade people from the sun.  As it is now, the selection for headgear is helmets, caps, and the occasional surmac.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

How helpful of you Dracul... I may just take you up on that...

But I still want credit for it in the weekly update!  :twisted:
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
     "You are likely dead."

Um...keep in mind that Kadius has a monopoly on these types of goods and may not take kindly to anyone trying to cut in on their business.

I think this sounds like a good IC goal. For all those crafters out there with their boring lives.... ;)
Veteran Newbie

No need to change your log in name. It is an idea that has a lot of merit, but has some issues with the way the game economy works.

If anyone were to open that sort of store, it would be Kadius. If anyone else tried, Kadius would kill them, eat them, burn down their store and kick their dog. Or something along those lines only maybe more polite or stylish.

Like hiring some people in very fashionable black clothing to kill that person, cook him with fruit and wine, serve him on plates, burn his store and kick his dog.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: "sarahjc"Do you think there is a market in game for a high-end woman's finery store?
HEY! Why do the women only get good clothes? I want to have good shoes with matching hats and veils and gloves and clothes! No need to make it a women's only clothes store, I know all of my well to do characters have cared more about their clothing then other well to do women. Don't make my character become a cross-dresser. He's already wearing a couple of questionable items  :P

I agree that there isn't really a lot of good high-quality menswear.  What sorts of garments do you think would be appropriate to the gameworld? I'd submit an item or two if I knew what male PC's would actually wear. I mean, suits and top hats don't exactly fit in.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

I'd think rich, fancy robes, embroidered scarves, amulets, expensive sandals... Umm... Pantaloons?

The fact of the matter is, if you're a male noble, you're never going to look all that manly.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
     "You are likely dead."

Great links, Crymerci. Thanks :)

Quote from: "crymerci"I agree that there isn't really a lot of good high-quality menswear.  What sorts of garments do you think would be appropriate to the gameworld?

More codpieces!

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I'd like to see more kilts and gowns for men.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: "Angela Christine"
Quote from: "crymerci"I agree that there isn't really a lot of good high-quality menswear.  What sorts of garments do you think would be appropriate to the gameworld?

More codpieces!

AC
Just recently I saw the first codpiece that I've ever seen in game, and damn was it awesome.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.