Borsail
7 (6.8%)
Tor
6 (5.8%)
Oash
6 (5.8%)
Winrothol
16 (15.5%)
Human or desert elf tribes (gypsies, SLK, ATV, Anyali, etc.)
12 (11.7%)
T'zai Byn
10 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: July 10, 2003, 02:32:02 AM

What's your favorite Armageddon clan/organization of all time, not just current but the clan that consistently has the best players, plots, imms, etc.  For lack of ability to add everything, the options had to be limited a bit.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

The crazy-eyed Bynner says in sirihish, slurring his speech and spilling ale all over his aba: "Tzai-Byn rules! Woo!"

I'm a Byn fanatic. Only clan I ever played in, and I'm certain I'm returning... (Although, the fact that it's the only clan I've ever played in leaves me a little biased... But I'm voting anyways! So... Ha!)
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

This vote is for the Second Best Clan, obviously, since the Best Clan was left out.  :twisted:

Winrothol is the best House in my opinion.  The Byn is great, but it tends to be a carcass factory, sometimes it loses the best people when they go off.

There's nothing like a life-oath, and almost certain death if you break it, to breed loyalty. ;)

Winrothol is a superb house.  I'm not going to say why, but if you're curious enough to try a character there, you'll see why.

I'm such a newbie.  *sniff*  I'm still on my first character and cannot rightfully vote on this poll.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Hmm.... FALE!

Not for anything that has happened in the past... But for all the possibilities that well never be!

Creeper
21sters Unite!

I've only actually been in 4 clans:
T'zai Byn
Borsail
New Tuluk Sun Clan
Soh lana Kah

I think of the ones I've tried the byn was probably the most fun, although getting mixed up with nobility in the other clans lets you see aspects of the world that few bynners ever get to see.  On the other hand you can spend time with the byn and then move on to almost any other clan, which is a bonus.

The Byn may have an advantage in this poll since most players try the Byn at least once, but it would take years to go through all the clans.

Clans I haven't tried but would like to some day: Kurac, Kadius, Tor, Anyali, Tan Murak, Harach Kamud.  I'm pretty sure I mis-spelled several of those, but I don't care.  Even the few people who can read and write in Zalanthas probably don't have fully standardized spelling and punctuation, so I'm just using a perfectly valid alternate spelling.  ;)

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

They all are the Best in their own way and own times.

The popularity of a certain clan fluctuates, often depending on the currently involved players. I had great times in Kadius and the Byn, but also times when I pretty much hated them.

To paraphrase John F. Kennedy: "Ask not what your clan can do for you, ask what you can do for your clan." Your experience in any given clan depends on how you fit in with the rest, how much do you put into it.

Pick the concept you like, or let IC events lead you, to the clan that interests you. Then live with it. (If it turns out horrible, you usually can get out...someway.) Work with the people in that clan, keep in character and things should work out fine. :)

The Best Clan is the Clan you make Best, today. Tomorrow, you may be another person on the other end of the world.
f time conversions are giving you a head-ache, visit: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/

J'karr! You l4m3r5 aren't 0ldsk00l c00l!

:twisted:
Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are.
- Arthur Golden

Kohmar was pretty neat too!  :D
Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are.
- Arthur Golden

The Guild... I've met some great players there I have to say. I came there as a real newbie and my eyes were really opened to the possibilities Arm has to offer by some very good players. Plus you get the opportunity to be in a mafia-esque operation without all the hassle of requiring a wardrobe full of really sharp suits. If you don't like pizza that's ok too.
You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink" Dydactylos' philosophical mix of the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans (Small Gods, Terry Pratchett)

If you don't vote for Kurac you have either never been a Kuraci for any length of time, or you are a sand blasted piece of kank shit fool.

I didn't vote, because you forgot Tenneshi.  :evil:

I actually haven't been in any organization for incredible amounts of time, but I have a soft spot in my heart for Tenneshi.

Edit: Actually.. I did vote. Human or Desert Elf tribes. From what contact I've had with the Anyali, they rule.

I agree with Rindan.  Anyone who's not voting for Kurac hasn't played there.
laloc Wrote
Trust, I think, is the most fundamental tool which allows us to play this game. Without trust, we may as well just be playing a Hack and Slash, and repopping in Midgaard after slaying a bunch of Smurfs.

doesn't seem like many pcs are playing kurac anyways...

I'd like to see one around in nak. I heard there was one...but havent seen him myself.
Veteran Newbie

- - We all know Kurac is the best. We just aren't aware of it until coming within the warm glow of a Kuraci. :D
quote]>rant status
You are currently ranting.

>rant off
You shut your damn mouth.[/quote]

"Always remember: An elf in need is a thief indeed."

~His Divine Sancho

I think the guild could be pretty cool though
Veteran Newbie

I really wanted to include the Guild on the poll, but it's limited to 10 options only.  It was also rather sad having to combine the two militias, and very strange to combine DE tribes with human tribes (since some of them are enemies). Oh, and it would have been nice to include Nenyuk and Tenneshi, too.

But that's ok, you're all capable of write-in votes.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

The only reason I didn't vote for Kurac is because recently there have been some players that really annoy me.  But as a clan, it does rock.
Back from a long retirement

Winrothol rules! My three best characters were all recently associated with that House - one in the bardic troupe, one as an aide and the last as a bard/aide.

Great RP, players and an imm that rocks!
laloc may be permadorked, but I am the Permadork!

I can't believe no one has said the Nakki militia. Someone should have.
It takes two hands to open this safe. The manager has only one.

I'd have to say Borsail. The only times I've had a semi lived long character was with Borsail :P

There was one time with the militia, and that was pretty okay (sparring bores the shit out of me). But then I died. There was one templar who was great though. She had us all scrubbing our uniform because they were stained. I know it sounds boring, but ANYTHING is better then boring old sparring.

I gotta back up everyone that's said Winrothol.  I'm currently a Winnie and there ain't an Imm out there cooler than Vendyra.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Yep, gotta say Winrothol. Nothing more to add, except that I do miss the J'karr; had some good old days.

Gawynn
Ladies and gents, we're still alive
By the skin of our teeth, now it's killing time
Angel in our pocket, devil by our side
We ain't going nowhere, cuz' heroes never die!"

Blood of Heroes - Megadeth

am i the only one who picked kadius?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

There's all sorts of Staff out there cooler then Vendyra! Gosh. Do you see HER running around in a kank suit? Nope don't think so.

:-p

Now, if Fale was in the running it'd blow all of the others out of the water. Also if there was a dwarven tribe coded... Or a half-giant one someplace... Phew... no contest there.

It can be an old school type of thing... The half-giants were showed what to do long long ago by "ancients" who left behind all sorts of tools and such that noone knows how to use, and their magick which the half-giants can barely use.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

I was going to vote for Kadius, but then I had to throw it for the mixed tribals, which now that I think of it, was a bad idea. Damn D-Elf tribes.

I have to cast my vote with Winrothol.  Cool people, great rp, and an AWESOME IMM.

Kurac is sweet to, but Winrothol is just....Over the top 8)
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

I'd have to say a pc run clan (now defunct) :cry: was my favorite with The Guild as my second favorite ever. Most of the rest to me are the same crap with slightly different rules and surroundings.

Quote from: "Tony"I was going to vote for Kadius, but then I had to throw it for the mixed tribals, which now that I think of it, was a bad idea. Damn D-Elf tribes.

What Tony said.   I'd encourage anyone thinking about trying Kadius to do so :D
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

I voted for Kurac, but the best clans aren't on here.  'rinth clans are the best, hands-down.  The Byn wouldn't have even been on my voting list.  :roll:
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Oash... need I say more?  We're the ones that put the EV in evil (don't ask me why though).  And if that's not valid, I'm gonna vote for Reynolte!  Yay Silverwood!