Mericles

Started by guest, July 09, 2003, 11:56:25 PM

I don't know If I spelt that right, but I want to know if mericles happen on Zalanthas. Like people automatically being cured of poision, or being on the brink of death, and then, you wake up, with 1 health, from -x.
I just want to know.

Miracles can happen, can happen to you!

Err uh... Sorry about bursting into song.

Yeah, the Imms sometimes do things to enhance the game experience. They aren't 'miracles' per se but they are things that normally wouldn't happen with the code that sometimes get manipulated by the staff to make things more fun.  8)

I digress. 'Miracles' by imms do not happen very often, if ever. It's for good reason, too. Would it be fair to your would-be attacker if you suddenly woke up after he knocked you out because an imm felt bad? Then the whole situation gets reversed on the attacker.

Am I saying things never happen? No. It wouldn't surprise me if someone got to -3 HP and an imm pushed away a scrab because they thought you were dead. But just don't expect someone to see you in trouble and help you out. It's not a regular thing and you certainly shouldn't expect a 'get out of a jail free' card. It's just something that may come along and happen.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Miracles do happen. But when you least expect them.

Yes Miracles do happen..Once I saw a metal sword when I needed it most..However it was named Mortal Slayer and wielded by Nessalin  :twisted:

But on a serious note, Yes they do happen, just not very often.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

I think there is an RP log detailing a miracle like that.
A tribal elf being hunted by a Sorceror, the tribal elf continually prays to his god-like person to save him in thoughts, then towards the end he magically appears back at his camp.

I don't think it's magickally, Gribble...

More like he blindly and luckily stumbles back to his camp, and assumes it's because of his god. Those crazy tribal savages!  :roll:

Of course, weird stuff like that does happen, and you're welcome to have your character interpret it as a miracle, from Muk Utep or Tektolnes or some tribal god. But, from the rumor's I've heard, most Imm intervention results in death. Fun death, but death all the same.

Which proves my theory, Imms are the anti-Christ...  :twisted:
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Quote from: "FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit"from the rumor's I've heard, most Imm intervention results in death.
We're all gunna die someday.

The trick to getting out of death with Imm intervention is to ASK to be killed..oh wait. I did that once and they killed me.

Nevermind.

I was surprised to see such a different spelling of the word.  If you ever wonder about the spelling of something, try this free online dictionary:

http://dictionary.reference.com/

It's a dictionary and a thesaurus, perfect for spelling, as well as finding alternative words for a character writeup.

Also, yes, there are miracles in the game.  Most of them are IMM influenced, like forgiving severe criminal flags when you decide to start trying out commands.

I had a dwarf long ago who got poisoned by a halfling.  As he lay out in the forest, getting closer and closer to death - he called out to Ruk.  Now he wasn't really a believer but there he was, close to death and he figured "what the heck".  I'm not sure if it was code or an IMM, but the poison got better just before he would have croaked.

He called it a miracle, and obviously it had a profound effect on his thinking from there on out...
laloc Wrote
Trust, I think, is the most fundamental tool which allows us to play this game. Without trust, we may as well just be playing a Hack and Slash, and repopping in Midgaard after slaying a bunch of Smurfs.

I want to get killed by Tek, in his presence.
Veteran Newbie

A lot of these 'miracles' probably are just luck of the code and certain features. A friend of mine frantically IMed me one day saying how he was thirsty and about to die but an imm was giving him a boost of stamina. I told him that that was just what happened whenever you became thirsty/starving like that.

As for the dwarf/poisoning one, remember that dwarves have poison resistance and a good endurance. It could have just been luck.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

QuoteAs for the dwarf/poisoning one, remember that dwarves have poison resistance and a good endurance. It could have just been luck.

I could have sworn that poison resistance isn't coded beyond the benefit of having a good endurance??? SHRUG.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Quote from: "creeper386"
QuoteAs for the dwarf/poisoning one, remember that dwarves have poison resistance and a good endurance. It could have just been luck.

I could have sworn that poison resistance isn't coded beyond the benefit of having a good endurance???

I believe that variable poison resistance was never implimented.  Getting poisoned won't make you more or less vulnerable to that poison in the future.  But dwarves have a static poison resistance, seperate from their endurance.  Thier resistance will not improve with time, but they still have more resistance than other races.

But I could be wrong.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Gribble"I think there is an RP log detailing a miracle like that.
A tribal elf being hunted by a Sorceror, the tribal elf continually prays to his god-like person to save him in thoughts, then towards the end he magically appears back at his camp.

I read that log.  It was cool, but he didn't magically appear back he made it back on his own.

Miracles... sounds like either a character in a Shakespeare drama, or an ancient Greek philosopher.

Gawynn
Ladies and gents, we're still alive
By the skin of our teeth, now it's killing time
Angel in our pocket, devil by our side
We ain't going nowhere, cuz' heroes never die!"

Blood of Heroes - Megadeth