Love you, Arm

Started by deviant storm, June 25, 2010, 08:01:32 PM

This isn't going to be a ragequit post. I will try my best.

I'm just tired of watching people trying to outdo each other in being nasty to other people in a game. A lot of you seem to thrive on this. I can handle it. Up to a point, then you're at my limits and I can't take watching everything I'm working for with my character torched at some big important person's whim.

I'm not that good at this game. I don't build superwonderful characters able to bend steel and who can kill a carru after 3 days played or who can sneak their way into Tek's tower after five. I'm just not good at the mechanics, even after all this time. I do the best I can, but... I'm a builder, a socialite, though I do have a low boredom threshhold and this is where the problem is. I do something and usually the death is quick and done and I move on.

Today's promised to be a long, slow death of starvation and desperation and that just...hit me wrong today.

Sorry if I'm releasing too much ic. I'm sorry, staff, if I'm being a pain in the ass today. You all are great. It's just...fuck this. I don't want to sit here crying over a game.

So I'll be seeing you, Arm. Maybe. I'm a masochist but there's only so much being stomped on when my character is down that I want to take anymore. I'm not some 20 year old who can take this stuff so easy. It's ...just too much.

Take care, everyone. I'll peek in at the forum now and then. A lot of you know how much I respect and admire you.

Smooth sands.
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

I think you are just having a bad day. I also think you took that individual scene too serious.

I enjoyed RPing with you today. Just take a break and come back tomorrow.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

Sometimes the game grinds on you more than you grind on it. Breaks help.

Quote from: deviant storm on June 25, 2010, 08:01:32 PM
then you're at my limits and I can't take watching everything I'm working for with my character torched at some big important person's whim.

Unexplained PC-on-PC violence really hurts the game.  (That good ol' hackneyed serial killer concept is an extreme example, but there are tons of others that aren't quite so obvious.)

When it's truly at a whim, it breaks the storylines that make Armageddon really worthwhile, and doesn't give much in return.  When it's for a serious (non-whimsical) reason, but that reason is totally obscure, your victim is still apt to think that you're a griefin' kankhonker.

78% of you harddcore folks who think you disagree with me don't understand what I'm saying; the rest are just wrong.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Taking a break is a good thing. It'll help.

Though some other player being a dick is not a reason to give up and quit...

I hope we see you back. :) And good luck with the adventures of life.

Remember. Wear sun block!
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Shade and spice.

I hope I see you around when you come back. I know you mean to leave. They always do, but RL permadeath is the only total escape from it.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on June 25, 2010, 10:10:48 PM
Shade and spice.

I hope I see you around when you come back. I know you mean to leave. They always do, but RL permadeath is the only total escape from it.

I've heard, if the imms favor you, you get a rezz anyway.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

June 25, 2010, 11:54:45 PM #7 Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:56:48 PM by janeshephard
No idea what happened but I feel your pain. Too many times you're doing something and BAM something unexplained happens to destroy the path you're on.

I dunno. I take a day off or a little more time and then return. Give the benefit of the doubt and stuff.

EDIT: I see character death as breaking up with someone. The pain goes away and you get to start all over! :D
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

With love,

It's only a character.  It's a story.  Death is part of it, pain is part of it.  Write something new.
Quote from: Mudder
If something happens to my character that sucks, I am like damn, sucks to be this guy.

Just create a half-giant that suffers from bouts of insanity. Next time you meet your nemesis in game, go nuts, subdue, kill, use the corpse as a toothpick. Bwahahahah!

Just kidding, of course.

I've always muchly enjoyed interacting with your characters, and hope you change your mind after a good night's sleep or so.
Lunch makes me happy.

Wow. Unfortunate. You'll be missed. Probably be some boots by the door when you get back.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I'll leave the glow crystal on for ya.

You may not consider yourself a good player, but you were always one of my favorites back during the Golden Days of Kurac.  Remember Ten Sarak?  Good times.

I seriously will miss you, and I truly hope you decide to come back, or at least pop your pretty little head in from time to time to say what's up.

Love,
-The Big, Runic, Armor-Plated Ninnyhammer of Doom
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Take some time to regroup and refresh... spend some extra time with the kids. We'll all welcome you back when you decide it's time.

Ya'll make me feel good. Thanks.

I'll be back. Sometimes it twists my panties, but I love this game and you players. Just gonna take a few days or so with the kids, then I'll be back.
Choose thy fate:

I've only played with your PCs once on a rather lengty basis that I know of, and even though
it did not end well. I did think you were a talented player and had fun while it lasted. It made
my said PC's life in more fun. Glad you are going to stay around.
staff member sends:
     "No problem. We'll just eat your brainz later

Quote from: deviant storm on June 26, 2010, 01:15:05 PM

I'll be back. Sometimes it twists my panties, but I love this game and you players. Just gonna take a few days or so with the kids, then I'll be back.

Just don't wear panties. And this will settle the matter!

And you can return.. Since no twisting of said panties.

Logic!!  8)
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Quote from: BlackMagic0 on June 26, 2010, 04:21:32 PM

Logic!!  8)

:D
Choose thy fate:

Quote from: deviant storm on June 26, 2010, 04:27:48 PM
Quote from: BlackMagic0 on June 26, 2010, 04:21:32 PM

Logic!!  8)

:D

Or eat the edible jam panties!  that come in Ginka, Kalan, and Belshun flavors!!!

Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"

1. Take a break - you will come back refreshed and hopefully with a clearer mindset
2. Stop the ooc - seriously, this works - yes, there are a lot of cool armers but chatting ooc usually leads to harmful leaks
3. Most important - the key to winning arm is realizing that you will never win - ever  ;)

Quote from: Lizzie on June 25, 2010, 10:24:44 PM
Shade and spice.

Resurrections have absolutely nothing at all to do with how much anyone likes anyone else.
Eastman: he came out of the east to do battle with The Amazing Rando!

Quote from: Niamh on July 03, 2010, 10:04:27 PM
Shade and spice.

Resurrections have absolutely nothing at all to do with how much anyone likes anyone else.

Well said, sirrah, but I think she's talking about real-life staff. ;)
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on July 03, 2010, 11:13:54 PM
Shade and spice.

I was kinda hoping he was too.
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

Resurrections are based on whether or not your mother was a virgin when she had you.
Quote from: Oryxin a land...where nothing is as it seems
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
in a world...where everything's out to kill you
one man (or woman) stands sort of alone
only not really
lol
KURAC

Quote from: Spice Spice Baby on July 03, 2010, 11:40:24 PM
Resurrections are based on whether or not your mother was a virgin when she had you.

Nope. The other posters were closer to my belief system, though if yours is different that's cool too. Go RL staff!
Choose thy fate:

Quote from: brytta.leofa on July 03, 2010, 11:13:54 PM
Shade and spice.

I don't understand what you mean by that.
Eastman: he came out of the east to do battle with The Amazing Rando!