Returning

Started by Pale Horse, June 25, 2010, 04:22:27 PM

Hello all,

It's been about two or so months since I last was able to touch a computer (outside of training purposes) let alone have time to post anything and play the game, but within the next week or two, I should have access to the internet, a PC and some free hours and I plan on taking up time with the community and game once again.  It will be a great way to relax and enjoy myself after having completed Air Force Basic Training (it's far more than just the "Chair-Force," people), and while I'm waiting for my Technical Schooling to begin and during my leave time.

How have things been?  Any momentous code changed brought about my our resident code-monk..coding-gods and godesses?  Any significant melt downs on the GDB or new rules?  I won't have time to replay to anything for a few more days, so don't be discouraged or think I'm letting my own post dissappear into the dust when I don't reply back, and I appreciate any responses in the mean time.

It's good to be back and in communication witht he outside world and everyone once again.

Sincerely,
Airman Basic (for another two months) "Pale Horse."
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Welcome back.  *salutes*
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

What career field are you going into? If it is Security Forces just PM if you have any questions, or send one anyway if you have any other  AF related questions. Don't forget to address me as Staff Sergeant, Airman.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Welcome back and congrats on completing basic.  Nothing too major when it comes to changes that I can think of off the top of my head, but I'm sure others can fill you in.  I kinda start loosing track of what's new and such as there is so much going on that it just kinda.... flits around in my head.   :D
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

Welcome. Grats on completing basic. Glad to see you back.

Congrats on the level up, Pale Horse.

I'm confused... do you still have to clean the latrines every morning except your days off?...OH YOU MEAN RL!!!

[/bad joke]

Good to have you back Pale Horse, and I'm glad thing are working out for you so far!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Oh noes... someone to steal my +3 crown of mudsexxx0ring.

But in all seriousness, I'm glad to see you back.  ;D
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

June 26, 2010, 01:36:00 AM #8 Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 01:38:07 AM by Is Friday
I was an Airman until they kicked me out.  :'(

I found the AF not to be to my liking, but I'm sure that rational human beings disagree. The living conditions are pretty awesome. Good luck with being smart enough to make the schooling cuts.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Beautiful job, sir!  Glad you made it through.

Excellent to see you back.  A lot of vets stomping the grounds these days!

It's like one huge gangbang of awesome all circled around AmandaGreathouse and her crown.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: Malifaxis on June 26, 2010, 10:58:11 AM
It's like one huge gangbang of awesome all circled around AmandaGreathouse and her crown.

Sig'd.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Good to be back.

Hell, it's good to be back in contact with the outside world in general..and being able to go around and do something other than checking on just how well I rolled my shirts in my clothing drawer for inspection.

Once I'm settled into Tech School, I'll either set myself up with a laptop or have my desktop shipped out to me and the Arming will begin once again..in moderation.  Training comes first and foremost.

@Dan: Sir, Airman Pale Horse reports as ordered!  You're in the AF?  Small World/Air Force!  My career field is Cyber Surety not Security Forces.  I left that choice to one of my neighbors who managed to get into AF basic a few months before I did.  She's in Lackland for a "little" more time, then reports to her duty station in Turkey.  Lucky girl gets to choose any base in the World to get stationed at.  I suppose there's some benefit to being a Cop ;).

Check back in with you all come a few more days, maybe a week.
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Just buy a mini laptop. That's how I role. (I spelled it the way I want, FYI.)

Good to have you back.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

I know Dan works for a living, Pale Horse.

Why would you address NCOs as "sir"?

He is more than an NCO. He is a SNCO. Hell yes. Hand picked by Congress to rank supreme.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

Quote from: Pale Horse on June 25, 2010, 04:22:27 PM
(it's far more than just the "Chair-Force," people)
Quote from: Pale Horse on June 26, 2010, 04:43:46 PM
My career field is Cyber Surety not Security Forces. 

lol ok
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Synthesis on June 26, 2010, 10:32:24 PM
Quote from: Pale Horse on June 25, 2010, 04:22:27 PM
(it's far more than just the "Chair-Force," people)
Quote from: Pale Horse on June 26, 2010, 04:43:46 PM
My career field is Cyber Surety not Security Forces. 

lol ok

Ha. Ha.
Quote from: AI Fashion and Swag on June 26, 2010, 09:12:30 PM
I know Dan works for a living, Pale Horse.

Why would you address NCOs as "sir"?
Basic training still affecting me.  Ask Dan about it.

So awesome that your back.

Did you miss the 'I vow to help GDB etc, etc, and be positive and so forth thread'? I'm paraphrasing, but I think it made things better, so, yeah, that's cool.
Quote from: Scarecrow on February 21, 2014, 04:45:46 PMIn Zalanthas, people don't dig graves with shovels, they dig them with their own tongues.

Finally got myself a laptop and internet access.  Will be entering the game from a sand dune near you before too long.

And this is what happens when I quit checked the GDB. One of my favorite players comes back and I don't even know it!

Sooooo glad to have you back. Hope to run into you IG again. Always a blast. :-)
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.