The blood, the pain... infect me baby

Started by Dakkon Black, July 09, 2003, 08:50:54 PM

QuoteYour left leg is missing.

No no no no no. Amputation code is the worst thing ever. How is it going to tell the difference between training weapons and a real fight? No freakin' way is being slashed by Garufashank the Two Day Old Warrior going to take off my leg with a dull wooden training sword because I failed my flee checks a few times. And how about piercing weapons? Is Shadownightkillerdemonsouldrovmysteriousman the 'Rinthi assassin going to take off my leg with his little obsidian-bladed toothpick?
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was meant to be a little tongue-in-cheek humor, Carnage, not an actual suggestion that amputation code be implimented. ;)

I think she meant the leg thing as a joke, I mean, no one expects limb-breaking code, let alone an amputation code.

On a side note, on a MUD that I played there was a Pirate class skill called "amputate", so either you gained health back, or you hurt yourself more. My goal was to become the person to kill himself the most with the skill. I failed.

...Consider my lack of perceptiveness to that as a side-effect of being a member of a generation raised by Ren and Stimpy cartoons.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

I didn't mean for it to be serious - the leg is missing part anyway.

HOWEVER.. perhaps it's possible to separate sparring results from real combat? Since you brought up that idea anyway.

I mean, it's a bit much to see someone bleeding profusely and have to RP it as just a really nasty bump on the head or a cracked rib from overdoing it.