Unofficial subguild discussion thread

Started by janeshephard, June 11, 2010, 08:26:31 PM

Quote from: Rotten on June 21, 2010, 05:12:41 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but this blew my mind.

It's a tangent to this project, but while we have someone modifying the help files, could we get a mention that those two commands work under the same skill?

I think I've been saying that all along.  :)
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

June 22, 2010, 03:38:52 AM #76 Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 03:40:49 AM by Incognito
How do some ppl on this thread know so much about game mechanics - especially about what caps and starting levels of skills one gets - in respect with one's guild and sub-guild?

Is this something one can find out in-game?

I ask because I am unable to figure out the logic with which a player might be able to unearth this information.

(In other words, this isnt a bitch post - if there's some way we're able to actually figure out this info, with our PC's, in game, could someone please post a guide...)

Modified to add:
Of course, if a Staff member would like to put in a brief explanation on skills from main guild, skills from sub-guilds, how they overlap, and what is the starting level and max cap, that would be most appreciated and highly desirable!
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

June 22, 2010, 08:39:41 AM #77 Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 08:42:09 AM by hyzhenhok
Quote from: Incognito on June 22, 2010, 03:38:52 AM
How do some ppl on this thread know so much about game mechanics - especially about what caps and starting levels of skills one gets - in respect with one's guild and sub-guild?

Is this something one can find out in-game?

I ask because I am unable to figure out the logic with which a player might be able to unearth this information.

(In other words, this isnt a bitch post - if there's some way we're able to actually figure out this info, with our PC's, in game, could someone please post a guide...)

Modified to add:
Of course, if a Staff member would like to put in a brief explanation on skills from main guild, skills from sub-guilds, how they overlap, and what is the starting level and max cap, that would be most appreciated and highly desirable!

These days it's much easier to figure out for yourself due to the direct skill level descriptors that are absolute on the scale. Example, subguild_prostitute can only get skill_mudsexx0rz to Journeyman, while subguild_skimmer_captain can get it to Advanced, while only guild_noble can get it to Master. With a (very long period) of trial and experience, you should be able to figure out on your own. Eventually your character will stop advancing in a skill.

In the past, you could still figure out when you stopped advancing, if you were paying attention or otherwise testing for this. Someone with a lot of experience would notice that guild X stopped advancing in skill A before guild Y did.

But yeah, before the skills descriptors, most of us learned this from posts from other players that were confirmed (either directly or tangentially) by the staff.

Unfortunately, not all things people still believe about how the code works have been confirmed but are still believed anyway.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.