Independent: merchent/hunters/etc
11 (19.6%)
Templars/Nobles
7 (12.5%)
Very poor/beggers
18 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: July 08, 2003, 02:07:04 PM

What are some different types of characters:  classes/races/jobs/personality you'd like to see/see more of in game?

I know some have said they want to see more bar fights... does this mean we need more hot temper types?

I'd like to see some more friendly/silly types myself.  And with all these people having babies maybe a few more kids.  Something to break things up.
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

I put Templars/Nobles. But I only mean templars.
Veteran Newbie

I'm voting beggars/poor people.

I'm, frankly, a bit tired of seeing valiant warriors, and decent, hard-working citizens with racial tolerance for everyone. This is Zalanthas! The seedier, the uglier, the more vile, the more racist, the more poor and pathetic and smelly and pestilent the better! Kudos to anyone that has ever played a bum, thief, beggar, mugger, raider, scavenger, prostitute, drug dealer, spy, or just a really ugly drunk. Keep it up the good work!
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Elderly? No, a few npcs are enough, why would the elderly even live that long in this kind of environment?

We have enough children npcs plus pcs walking around that are like the youngest age possible and have 'man' in the sdesc.

I have yet to even see a mul, (best damn race ever) so definitely.

I have yet to see a pc slave.

Independant merchants hunters, what? Who cares.

I can't comment on templars nobles because I don't even know what they look like, I think I've seen one templar, but I can't really pick nobles out yet.

Beggars, hell yeah I'd like to see some beggars, some real ones too.

I decided that my next character was going to be a beggar. Nothing long term (At least I don't want it to be), but an experiment: how much money can a 13 year old child beg out of nobles and templars without getting killed?

My hyopthesis is that nobles or templars are going to be assholes and try to offer him (or her, for more sympathy) a job. I don't want a job you jerks, I want cold hard 'sid. So fork it over in truckloads when you see a child begging for it.

I'll probably retire within a week of making it because I've actually thought up a good name rather than something starting with an A and  ending with an -os or -is.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

I personally would like to see MUCH MORE common commoners. Everyone seems to be noble warriors, or nice merchants. As I said in a previous post, all forgiving, forgetting, tolerant people. Even the mean nobles and templars... But I think thats ussually because they are afraid of offending characters on the other side... Well, I say offend away. I've played one city elf... I'm not sure I ever want to again, everyones so nice. Even when playing a theiving bastardly elf... It even seems when a theft takes place they don't even blame the elves! Gosh... Just a sad sad world...

And don't get me started with everyone being completely outwardly nice to magickers... All the time...

Creeper who wants to see more crude, loud mouthed, racist bastards that can't back up a damn thing they say and have not a single 'sid to their name, and even more people that are tolerant of that sort of thing, as I think it's FAR more common... I don't even think NOBLEs should be grandly noble like. At least not in the Real World sense of the word.
21sters Unite!

no....people are mean to elves. in nak at least.
Veteran Newbie

I'd like to second c386 (take that!) in saying that  I'd like to see a plethora of common commoners and other lower class citizens. Dirty magicker hating, elf lynching, ale-swilling, uneducated working class grunts. Mercenaries, hunters, beggars, thieves.. We could do with a whole lot more of them. Add some contrast to the spit'n'polished noble's guard and tidy little servants.

P.S. Why have you not started a fight today?

I also agree with creeper386. He's actually right about this one, in my humble opinion. Now, back to my ale-swilling and elf-lynching.

Ghardoan the uneducated, working-class grunt.

I tried a common commoner once who talked like a commoner and acted like a commoner and all that. Hardworking, wanting to just live a happy productive life, with food/clothing/shelter and a few sids left over to enjoy an ale or two.

But since she was such a commoner, it was assumed she was a thief or a whore or a gold-digger and ended up dead even though she was 100% legit in her goals and dreams. I doubt I'll be playing a "true" commoner again any time soon. It just left a bad taste in my mouth thinking that she was given no more credit for integrity than a 'rinthi elf.

how about an elderly beggar noble, that is actually an elf in disguise with a guild of ranger and acrobat!

I voted for elderly people, but also I think a lot of us age our characters based on how people age in our society...so I'll say I'd like to see older characters, and also people who have been greatly aged by their lives, whether or not they're old.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

I voted for independant merchants, hunters, etc...
Really I think there should be more independent anything, beggars, thieves and the like included.
Screw the nobles and templarates...they control everything anyway...I'd rather see them fear other outside groups interfering with their trade and such, by hook or by crook, people making their way without providing profit for the already rich and powerful.
Maybe the halflings rise up and take over Luir's...use the residents for food or something... :twisted:
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

A really ugly drunk? Wow, thanks for the kudos.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

Muls.  I want someone to worry about as I stroll peacefully down the North Road.  Or more haflings....something to kind of "stir shit up" or so to speak.

Armegeddon...the harder the better, I say.

Halflings were always my favorite race in Dark Sun.  I'd love to play one, or even see a PC halfling tribe.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

Thri-kreen (aka Mantises for those not familiar with Dark Sun) Was my favorite...ranger/water cleric/ psi, baby!  Gotta love multi-classing in that game.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.