Idea: OOC Guest Lounge

Started by Reito, May 17, 2010, 11:18:44 PM

It would be swell, I do believe. :)
Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see.
C. S. Lewis

What do you mean with this exactly?

I played some MUD that had one of these, there were minigames in the guest lounge and players that were waiting for app approval could just log into the guest lounge and bullshit. Talk about the football game or whatever. I can't say I'd be against it. Pretty much just like an ooc hangout that you gotta log into the mud to visit. I believe in the one I experienced you were gifted with a random sdesc upon entry. The ooc bodies you inhabit would be obviously linked to your account so there wouldn't be much room for abuse, not without consequence anyhow. Couldn't see it being nearly as fucked up as that Armageddon blast chat gets on occasion.

Might get a bit crowded during an HRPT.  ;D
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

May 18, 2010, 06:20:41 AM #3 Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 06:23:53 AM by Thorg
I recently tried an RPI mud with one of these and I logged in while waiting for my application to process. The conversations I overheard while I was idling there were (perhaps ironically) about the various visitor's Armageddon characters' recent deaths and their various OOC gripes about the game. At least the current Armageddon chat venues (IRC or otherwise) are separate and non-affiliate with the MUD itself. I don't think having such a room in the game would add as much as it might detract in terms of dissatisfied people breeding more distrust. Then again, nobody would be forced to use the room if it existed so those who weren't interested (sensibly enough) could easily just ignore it.

There is a chatroom-like system for Reborn (we recently  used it to have a player-staff meeting) but I don't believe you will be able to use it while logged into your PC.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Huzzah!
Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see.
C. S. Lewis

Quote from: Thorg on May 18, 2010, 06:20:41 AM
I recently tried an RPI mud with one of these and I logged in while waiting for my application to process. The conversations I overheard while I was idling there were (perhaps ironically) about the various visitor's Armageddon characters' recent deaths and their various OOC gripes about the game. At least the current Armageddon chat venues (IRC or otherwise) are separate and non-affiliate with the MUD itself. I don't think having such a room in the game would add as much as it might detract in terms of dissatisfied people breeding more distrust. Then again, nobody would be forced to use the room if it existed so those who weren't interested (sensibly enough) could easily just ignore it.

This wouldn't be a problem if it was staff monitored.

I vote hells yes for this idea.

Quote from: Thorg on May 18, 2010, 06:20:41 AM

I think I was sitting in that guest lounge at the time.