You can't wield this... well sort of.

Started by original, January 05, 2002, 06:30:48 PM

Is there a way to tell if you can two hand a weapon. My str is to low to wield a weapon, but my character wants it so he got it and viola, he can use it two handed though. Is there a way to tell if an item is like that, i.e. It is two heavy to use single handed, you'd need two hands?
Or do I have to just buy it, and sell it back if I can't?

(Yes I already have been told by a helper it is a good sign my char can't use the weapon well, but he doesn't care, he's a punk and a bully, and wants to look scary over actually training)
Quote from: Olgaris
Entering the Labyrinth is definitely not illegal.
Being a desert elf is not illegal.
A Templar can kill you for both.

As far as I know, all weapons can be wielded in two hands. If the weapon is exclusively two-handed and cannot be used with one hand, when you view it in a shop or assess it, it will say "This is a two-handed weapon." There are some weapons that can only be 'wield'ed and not 'held', in which case you cannot tell without trying to hold the weapon.

Is he asking if a weapon that assess says is too heavy for you to wield able to be etwo'd and used normally?
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11
Quote from: Yam on March 18, 2011, 09:57:04 AM
There's really nothing wrong with a pretty boy in a dress.

Oh, it looks like that. In which case, no, I don't think there is a way to tell that outright without trying.

Thanks. Seems that way, no problem though... more then likely I will 'borrow' the coins from one of you XD
Quote from: Olgaris
Entering the Labyrinth is definitely not illegal.
Being a desert elf is not illegal.
A Templar can kill you for both.

Heh. I like you, kid.

I'll be picking your boots off you real soon, I figure. ;)
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: original on January 05, 2002, 06:30:48 PM
Is there a way to tell if you can two hand a weapon. My str is to low to wield a weapon, but my character wants it so he got it and viola, he can use it two handed though. Is there a way to tell if an item is like that, i.e. It is two heavy to use single handed, you'd need two hands?
Or do I have to just buy it, and sell it back if I can't?

(Yes I already have been told by a helper it is a good sign my char can't use the weapon well, but he doesn't care, he's a punk and a bully, and wants to look scary over actually training)

In theory you -can- wield weapons that are "too heavy" in two hands.....  And they -will- be wielded.

I think using said weapon effectively depends on exactly -how- much beyond the "too heavy" threshold it is.

-Qzzrbl, the guy who's wielded HG weapons with high-str humans.