No longer the Tuluki RPT thread

Started by Irulan, April 29, 2010, 03:00:15 PM

April 29, 2010, 03:00:15 PM Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 11:12:01 PM by Irulan
Thats right, there is another RPT in the works for the Northies

Saturday May 15th, 7pm EST

Please see in game board for details.

-Irulan
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---
Inara: "Thank you for the wine. It's very... fresh."

Mal: "To Kaylee, and her inter-engine fermentation system."

How do you keep DOING it?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Tree hugging gives me stamina points?
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---

There are just so many trees to hug.  You can't hug just one!
Eastman: he came out of the east to do battle with The Amazing Rando!

Reminder, this RPT is happening this weekend, Saturday May 15th at 7pm EST.

Be there or be square!

-Irulan
---

Good times!  Thanks to everyone who put this on and who participated and entertained us!

Good show, everyone.
Quote from: Nyr on February 04, 2009, 08:33:23 AM
I think it's possible to be a good leader and be a douche.

Yes, lovely. I had a great time. :)
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Had alot of fun too! Thanks to everyone that was involved!!

Irulan
---

There will be another small-ish RPT in Tuluk on Saturday May 29th at 6pm EST for those interested.
See in game board for details.

-Irulan
---

Thanks to any and all that participated. :)

- Irulan
---

Thanks to all who were there today... it was an interesting look from a different angle.  :D
"It's got a wonderful defense mechanism. You don't dare kill it."

I had a blast, despite the event's theme.  Thank you to all present!
The jig is up, the news is out, they've finally found me
the renegade, who had it made, retrieved for a bounty
nevermore to go astray, the judge'll have revenge today
On the wanted man

;D Fun! Thanks everyone! ;D
Quote from: Nyr on February 04, 2009, 08:33:23 AM
I think it's possible to be a good leader and be a douche.

V. sad that I had to miss this, but I appreciate the people who are putting on entertaining stuffs for us that I get to hear about through gossip.

Northies come forth!

Tuluk RPT Saturday June 12th 6:30 pm ESTish

We will all come together and hug some trees together (or clear cut them, whatever)

See in game board for details.

- Irulan
---

I'm cursed.  I keep having to miss these. :(

Good times will be had, though, I can guarantee it.

Was fun and interesting!  Thanks to everyone involved!  :)

Yes, thanks again to everyone willing to partake of my little adventures. We'll do it again soon. ;)

-Irulan
---

Small and different events, both this and the previous. I've really enjoyed them and look forward to future happenings. Well done by everyone involved!

We'll be having another Tuluki RPT on Aug 1st at 6pm EST, see in game board for details.
---

July 16, 2010, 12:05:16 AM #21 Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 05:01:00 PM by Red Ranger
Another little Tuluki RPT on Wednesday July 21 at 9pm Eastern time.

Having a hard time keeping all these Tuluki RPTs apart?  See the Tuluki IC rumor board for details.

Tuluk uber alles!
-Red Ranger

(edited to correct the day of the week)
There is a tool for every task, and a task for every tool.
-Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Shield of Lannisport and Warden of the West

Quote from: WagonsHo on June 08, 2010, 01:56:08 PM
Good times will be had, though, I can guarantee it.
This ought to be good.

Quote from: Irulan on July 06, 2010, 08:50:00 PM
We'll be having another Tuluki RPT on Aug 1st at 6pm EST, see in game board for details.

This is actually going to be reschedule due to the bastards in the south thinking they get to have a festival and gladiator fights or something. New date TBA.

- Irulan
---

Quote from: Red Ranger on July 16, 2010, 12:05:16 AM
Another little Tuluki RPT on Thursday July 21 at 9pm Eastern time.

Having a hard time keeping all these Tuluki RPTs apart?  See the Tuluki IC rumor board for details.

Tuluk uber alles!
-Red Ranger

So, the 21st is a Wednesday, did you intend for this to be Wednesday or Thursday the 22nd?

- Irulan
---

Yep, I meant 9pm Eastern time on WEDNESDAY July 21st.  My original post is now edited to include the correct day of the week.

-Red Ranger
-Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Shield of Lannisport and Warden of the West

Reminder!  Tuluki RPT tomorrow night July 21 at 9pm Eastern time.  Details on the Tuluki IC rumor board.

Tuluk is subtly teh b3st!!!!!11

-Red Ranger

Had fun!  Thanks for the event!  The bustling crowd was good to see.  :)

WHAT?  I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER HOW AWESOME THAT WAS.

Thank you for, once again, leaving me amused, laughing and having spent four+ hours in game without realizing the passage of time.
The jig is up, the news is out, they've finally found me
the renegade, who had it made, retrieved for a bounty
nevermore to go astray, the judge'll have revenge today
On the wanted man

Quote from: Red Ranger on July 20, 2010, 11:15:08 PM
Reminder!  Tuluki RPT tomorrow night July 21 at 9pm Eastern time.  Details on the Tuluki IC rumor board.

Tuluk is subtly teh b3st!!!!!11

-Red Ranger
That was subtly an awesome event.

July 22, 2010, 11:00:47 AM #31 Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 11:06:43 AM by Irulan
Very entertaining, thanks for organizing!

- Irulan

(edited because I tried to combine the words 'interesting' and 'entertaining' with poor results)
---

Yes. Thanks!
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

It was awesome.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Thanks to everyone that turned out.  I hope you folks all had as much fun as I did.

-Red Ranger

Okay kids, that one thing that I said before was rescheduled, has -infact- been rescheduled. We're going to do it Sunday Aug 22nd at 8pm EST. See the Tuluki in game board for details.

- Tuluk FTW!

- Irulan
---

This is happening tomorrow, see in game board for details.

- Irulan
---

Thanks to the peeps that participated. You guys kick ass!

- Irulan
---

Forgot to post but that was fun. Everyone who participated did a great job. Looking forward to more.

Wanna try a new thread, people?  I stopped reading this thread... literally didn't even come to read it, for quite a while because it was originally for an RPT I wouldn't be able to attend.  At least 4 more RPTs have been advertised in here that I didn't even know of until just now.  I assumed the RPT was further out maybe, or what was going on was just silly chatter and maybe I misremembered when the thread first came along.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

It's okay, you weren't invited anyway.

I read this thread every time it shows up on the "recently posted" list, and I don't get invited to these shindigs either. Why spam up the GDB with 2000 "Another Tuluk RPT" threads, when one works just as well for people who are actually interested in Tuluk RPTs to read the thread when it gets a new post?
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: spawnloser on August 24, 2010, 12:42:02 PM
Wanna try a new thread, people?  I stopped reading this thread... literally didn't even come to read it, for quite a while because it was originally for an RPT I wouldn't be able to attend.  At least 4 more RPTs have been advertised in here that I didn't even know of until just now.  I assumed the RPT was further out maybe, or what was going on was just silly chatter and maybe I misremembered when the thread first came along.

Agreed.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Lizzie on August 24, 2010, 12:58:59 PM
It's okay, you weren't invited anyway.

I read this thread every time it shows up on the "recently posted" list, and I don't get invited to these shindigs either. Why spam up the GDB with 2000 "Another Tuluk RPT" threads, when one works just as well for people who are actually interested in Tuluk RPTs to read the thread when it gets a new post?

This was actually my take on using the same thread, but if it is annoying to people and they think there should be 2000 Tuluki rpt threads, I can do that too.
---

How do you know I wasn't invited, Lizzie?  Anyway, I don't care if I was invited or not.  The fact remains that people that are invited may have thought of this thread as I did.  I would recommend a new thread.

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

A fair compromise would be to edit the first post whenever there is a new RPT,  and change the subject of the thread to something like... "Tuluk RPT! December Eleventy." Then you can make a new reply in the thread, and that reply will take the subject of the edited first post, and bump the thread.

You keep one thread, but the title of the thread changes. It would only work for Irulan's RPTs, since only she can edit her own thread, but it solves the problem that anyone may be experiencing of this thread getting passed over. :)

Also, if you're concerned about missing RPTs because of any confusion on the GDB, then checking IC rumor boards regularly will help.

I guess I just don't see what harm comes from starting a new thread for a new event. Or changing the subject name, that's a good idea.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Changing the subject and title thread had not even occured to me, but that is a pretty good idea... And to be honest posting here is really an afterthought to the IC rumor board, which is where the -actual- information lives. I always kind of thought of the gdb as just a pointer to the in game board. I don't want people getting left out of things because of my thoughtlessness so I will be more careful in the future.

- Irulan
---

I really thought this was fine. If people don't like it, they could just read the in game boards, too.

Ignore the haters, Iru! What you do for Tuluk is probably far more than what anyone else does! <3
There is only one boog.

This has nothing to do with being a hater.  It has to do with clear communication and avoiding confusing those the post is intended for.

Quote from: spawnloser on August 26, 2010, 04:46:47 AM
This has nothing to do with being a hater.  It has to do with clear communication and avoiding confusing those the post is intended for.

+1

~Jack Vance~

I was never confused. I tended to assume that new updates meant new updates.

Maybe that's just me and my common sense, though.

Quote from: a strange shadow on August 26, 2010, 10:01:13 PM

Yeah I kinda got the impression that whenever they changed the title of the thread (the New NEW Tuluk RPT thread..the New New Tuluk Thread Part IV..etc. etc. etc.) it meant they were updating the thread with new information that people who are interested in Tuluk RPTs would be interested in. Y'know, since they're new. And updated. And stuff.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on August 26, 2010, 10:51:21 PM

Yeah I kinda got the impression that whenever they changed the title of the thread (the New NEW Tuluk RPT thread..the New New Tuluk Thread Part IV..etc. etc. etc.) it meant they were updating the thread with new information that people who are interested in Tuluk RPTs would be interested in. Y'know, since they're new. And updated. And stuff.

Well, for a time it was YET Another Tuluki Rpt!

Sure, I kept informed through the IC boards. It's more that I decided to stop reading the thread because the subject stopped changing.

I don't see who's feelings are hurt by starting a new announcement thread for a new event.

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on August 26, 2010, 10:54:17 PM
Quote from: Lizzie on August 26, 2010, 10:51:21 PM

Well, for a time it was YET Another Tuluki Rpt!

Sure, I kept informed through the IC boards. It's more that I decided to stop reading the thread because the subject stopped changing.

I don't see who's feelings are hurt by starting a new announcement thread for a new event.

I don't understand the point of unnecessary (and unnecessarily snarky) posts, either. No one was having any trouble discerning that there was another event with another bump. Perhaps Irulan will do better to simply post them on in game boards and leave those who might not check them often hanging. :)
There is only one boog.

Please stay on topic, or this thread will be locked.
Eastman: he came out of the east to do battle with The Amazing Rando!