New Request Tool Options: Clan Related Requests: The Discussion Thread

Started by Cutthroat, April 23, 2010, 03:16:52 PM

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on May 16, 2010, 07:33:33 PM
The box you type into for the request tool need to be bigger.

I hate scrolling, and narrowness.

Click on the lines on the bottom right, drag them and it will expand and stay that way.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Can admin please, please, PLEASE not close reports out at the first response.
Squinting at the such-and-such dwarf, the so-and-so woman asks, in sirihish:
     "You put jam in your peenee hole to keep from making baby juice?"

I wish there was a way to respond to a closed request.  So, one might click "respond" and then the request/report would be reopened, the player could type something, etc.  That way, items that the player doesn't need to discuss further would stay closed and would be off the staff's radar but the player wouldn't have to start an all new request if they have a follow-up question.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Kill reports. Should these fall under "Character Report", "Question/Request" or should these still be emailed to appropriate clan staff for more immediate attention?

Leaving a note about deaths in your character notes should be fine.

If it was a really sticky situation, or you somehow managed to zorch 10 pcs in a day, then yes, I'd send in an email. ;)

Actually, kills are filed in char reports, and assuming they are clanned or you are, it is considered good manners to send a report for each one. And though I doubt staff would complain if you waited till the end of the day to send in a lump report in the event of multiple kills, I am sure they prefer them as soon as is ICly possible after the fact.

Cause if somebody is going to question them on the matter I doubt they are going to wait.

(Disclaimer)
I don't actually agree with sending in kill reports but I do understand the preference.

That being  said, Morg, what are the odds of kills getting a request tool menu option? Seems to me that is something that would help out a bit on the admin side if flagged seperate from simple char reports.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Perhaps a "Notification of Player Status Change" option ... used to report when you kill someone, hire someone into a clan, or kick someone out of a clan.  All these things, in my opinion, should be reported sooner rather than later.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Quote from: X-D on May 17, 2010, 04:16:18 PM
That being  said, Morg, what are the odds of kills getting a request tool menu option? Seems to me that is something that would help out a bit on the admin side if flagged seperate from simple char reports.

I dunno, I certainly could add it, do you guys want it?
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

QuotePerhaps a "Notification of Player Status Change" option ... used to report when you kill someone, hire someone into a clan, or kick someone out of a clan.  All these things, in my opinion, should be reported sooner rather than later.

Yes, or perhaps the above idea.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

While I see the merit in having more options, kinda don't want -tooo- many options that it just becomes difficult to choose between one or the other.
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

If anything, a general FYI request option that requires a simple "Thanks for letting us know" from staff would be nice. This should cover kills, new hires, and other things. "Notification" would be a good name for it.

Quote from: Morgenes on April 30, 2010, 02:41:24 PM
Quote from: Morgenes on April 30, 2010, 12:46:19 PM
I made the default be to get the email (the checkbox is default checked).

I've had gmail do funny things with responses, I'm still trying to figure out why it sometimes think they aren't the same thread when they both have the same subject line.

I figured out why responses from players weren't getting threaded with Gmail, but I've fixed it, the subject wasn't exactly the same (missing 'Request' before the request #). 

As of 5/17 this still isn't working for me. I can mail you headers if you'd like.

I get things like: "\'+String.fromCharCode(34)+\'" added to my text when I go next after typing, then previous to edit it.   Also a \ before all my '

Quote from: MarshallDFX on May 28, 2010, 03:05:40 AM
I get things like: "\'+String.fromCharCode(34)+\'" added to my text when I go next after typing, then previous to edit it.   Also a \ before all my '

hrmmm...ok, that's I think part of the code to protect us from sql injections, I'll have to look at how it works with previous.  In the mean time, don't do that.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Any chance we could get a field to include a subject, ala email? I'd love being able to add headers to things.

(If this is already an option, I'm dense and missed it.)
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: Fathi on May 30, 2010, 03:36:24 AM
Any chance we could get a field to include a subject, ala email? I'd love being able to add headers to things.

(If this is already an option, I'm dense and missed it.)

The category/subject is already a subject for the most part.  We certainly could add a subject, but I'm not sold it's needed.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

I've updated the request tool to allow you to specify other clans to include on all communications about the request.  This is still a work in progress, so please email me if you see any issues with this.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

A way to reply to even a closed ticket. And to have it keep the same headers when emailing copies.

Even better, having it set so that responding to the email ticket goes straight into the ticket system.

Please please please please please.

(and spell check? The fancy editor blanks out whenever I hit my google toolbar spellcheck button)

And why, when you try to paste something does it wipe out the entire line?

And really, can something be done about the closing of a request? I mean really, it is annoying to be forced to use the thing to begin with, but then having to do a new request in order to reply to an old one is driving me batty.
Lizzie: