You suddenly feel very sick...

Started by Spoon, April 22, 2010, 04:17:52 PM

April 22, 2010, 04:17:52 PM Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 04:34:57 PM by Spoon
Don't know if this has been in before but, vomit code for extreme drinkers? You could get warning echos about feeling sick, so enough time to find somewhere discrete, or not, and then bam, it's in the room. Creates a new sub-class of employment, vomit sweeper. Maybe add it to the diseases code so it works like Krath's Touch and Scrub Fever.

Ohhh!!! I'm all for this one!  I've had some characters in the past who were ultra-mega-rich and had nothing to do but spend massive quantities of sid on booze... sit in the bar for three or four days straight just getting "blind" drunk without any repercusions at all..

Maybe you should start feeling sick.. then barf.. then if you -keep- drinking you start falling off your chair... then maybe blackout?
Then you could keep puking in your sleep.. and wake up super dehydrated a embarresed and wondering where your pants are.

I've done worse to myself in real life..
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Yep, let's crank the loss of dignity up a notch so it's more in line with real life.

Maybe it could affect your speech as well, the more drunk you get the less people can understand a word your saying.
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

April 22, 2010, 05:05:38 PM #4 Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 05:19:49 PM by BlackMagic0
We already have code in place for blacking out, being unable to walk, and I think effects your ability to use skills-fight-and-use the way.
These are all very nice codes, though I would rather leave it to the player to role play out being sick, throwing up, or being unable to talk at all

In my pass experience at the last V-day party I went to I had a half a bottle of Tequila, half a case of beer, and a few shots of whiskey to myself.
By the end of the night I was still able to talk and hold conversations for the most part. I never once threw up anywhere, nor did I black out. Was mostly (90%) able to walk still.

So I would rather see the code left the way it is...
As some people wish to play hard core drunks, or some the light-weights.
Not everyone throws up, blacks out, can't talk, or can't walk.. booze effects all differently.

EDIT since I felt like I could state all that better..
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Vomiting is cool, especially if you drink a lot and don't have much tolerance.  It is the body's natural response to thwart poisoning.

+1
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Is this a joke?  It sounds like a joke.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

No no no! Well... a little. But it's far more serious than those people who think we should code having to take a shit.

Quote from: Spoon on April 22, 2010, 06:39:18 PM
No no no! Well... a little. But it's far more serious than those people who think we should code having to take a shit.

I think it would be cool that if you were near blackout drunk you might vomit.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

I wouldn't mind it. Let it count off of endurance or something.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

If anything needs to be fixed with the booze code, it's adding something to strong booze....

I've seen people IG guzzle down several bottles of what (from the "sip" command) would be about equivalent to Everclear....

I'm sure I'm not the only person here who's tried downing Everclear and couldn't even smell the stuff without nearly hurling.

Clearly not a man... I use everclear for mouthwash in the morning, and drink rubbing alcohol for recreation.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 25, 2010, 05:17:00 AM
Clearly not a man... I use everclear for mouthwash in the morning, and drink rubbing alcohol for recreation.

That is not a man. That is a boy on the verge of manhood. Soon you will become a true man, young padawan.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 25, 2010, 05:17:00 AM

Your liver reels from the blow!

Joking aside, forms of alcohol poisoning and your body's reaction to such liquid abuse would be pretty nifty.

FIXED

Quote from: BlackMagic0 on April 22, 2010, 05:05:38 PM
We already have code in place for blacking out, being unable to walk, and I think effects your ability to use skills-fight-and-use the way.
These are all very nice codes, though I would rather leave it to the player to role play out being sick, throwing up, or being unable to talk at all

In my pass experience at the last V-day party I went to I had a half a bottle of Tequila, half a case of beer, and a few shots of whiskey to myself.
By the end of the night I think I was still able to talk and hold conversations for the most part. I never once threw up anywhere, nor did I black out. Was mostly (90%) able to walk still.

So I would rather see the code left the way it is...
As some people wish to play hard core drunks, or some the light-weights.
Not everyone throws up, blacks out, can't talk, or can't walk.. booze effects all differently.

EDIT since I felt like I could state all that better..
Carpe Diem - Fish of the day

No Simple.

I remember that night. I was not black out drunk.

I've never 'blacked out' and forgot a night. Not from alcohol at least.  :-*

I like the idea of letting the player roleplay it out, the drunk code already accounts for skills/psi/walking and blacking out. Boo to those that ignore their pc's alcohol level.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

You might be fine drinking that amount BlackMagic, but there is a point where you will pass out and wet yourself. I dare you. ;D

Quote from: Majikal on April 25, 2010, 09:32:30 PM
I like the idea of letting the player roleplay it out, the drunk code already accounts for skills/psi/walking and blacking out. Boo to those that ignore their pc's alcohol level.

Somewhat randomly: I really like finding people's minds IG with drunk pcs as a sort of zalanthan version of drunk dialing.

Seriously though... I've drunk multiple pcs of mine straight up unconscious.

We need moar booze hounds IG.

But it would probably help if the movement code was a little less silly about it.

I've been blackout drunk only 1 time. From what my husband tells me, I could barely sit up... but when we got home, I managed to walk out of the car, up a rickety set of steps to our second-floor apartment, walk all the way through the house in the dark, and then fell into bed, all without tripping or falling. Although I did have an issue with weaving about erratically.

If anything, I think the code ought to be changed to something like sandstorm code on movement, more drunk, more chance of going the wrong way, less drunk you get little to no chance of it. Just keep 'staggers' instead of walks, and I think that'd be nice.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on April 30, 2010, 06:51:34 AM

I've been blackout drunk only 1 time. From what my husband tells me, I could barely sit up... but when we got home, I managed to walk out of the car, up a rickety set of steps to our second-floor apartment, walk all the way through the house in the dark, and then fell into bed, all without tripping or falling. Although I did have an issue with weaving about erratically.

You must have high endurance RL or high agility RL or something.
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

High endurance, maybe. My agility is below average at best. I can not stand on one foot for more than five-six seconds and my hand-eye coordination is like that of a drunk when I'm sober.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: Spoon on April 30, 2010, 06:40:40 AM
You might be fine drinking that amount BlackMagic, but there is a point where you will pass out and wet yourself. I dare you. ;D

Come visit me. We'll get booze.

I'll keep drinking, you'll also drink, who ever passes out first has to pay.

Deal?  ;)

May 03, 2010, 06:40:08 PM #23 Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 07:44:55 PM by Spoon
If you pay for the flight and dry cleaning. :D

Machismo aside it boils down to two things, if you haven't drunk enough to be that messed up you are either A) Sensible  B) Haven't drunk enough.

(edit... aww, lost my leet!)

I can usually get wicked DR PEPPERED without stumbling around or falling, and I remember the nights pretty clearly. AKDOV should be a new drink in Arm >>

The problem with Flaming Dr. Peppers is you have to drink them so fast...and I've never been able to convince my friends one is enough, so then you are drinking five or six in about ten minutes because everyone has to buy a round...

On a more serious note, its not how much you drink, its how much and how fast in combination.  The sober up part of Arm code seems really, really whack (seems to take -forever-).  I'd be a fan of vomit if it impacted how drunk you were, reducing it by a fair amount.

And as far as the side conversation.  Passed out once.  3/4 of a fifth of SoCo in 25 mins.  I was young and foolish and my liver not properly trained yet.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

June 30, 2010, 04:19:57 AM #26 Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 04:21:36 AM by Kastion
WOW, dunno how I pulled this up... just realized it was 8 years old lol
Love's the only war worth dying for.
Build me up to knock me down, I'm all yours.

Quote from: Kastion on June 30, 2010, 04:19:57 AM
WOW, dunno how I pulled this up... just realized it was 8 years old lol

No it isn't.

Check the dates on the OP: 2010.

The most recent posts are dated 2002 due to a GDB bug a few weeks ago.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Spoon on May 03, 2010, 06:40:08 PM
If you pay for the flight and dry cleaning. :D

Machismo aside it boils down to two things, if you haven't drunk enough to be that messed up you are either A) Sensible  B) Haven't drunk enough.

(edit... aww, lost my leet!)

When you are no longer proud, but saddened by the amount you drink before having vertigo for two days straight and unable to keep food or water in your system...Then you've drunk enough.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

vomit-stained clothing anyone?
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set