Can't Sleep... Gonna Die... Can't Sleep... Gonna Die...

Started by FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit, July 07, 2003, 02:39:08 PM

Hi everyone. I've had my character for months now, and to be perfectly honest... I'm sick of him. But I don't want to just stick him into storage, because he's minorly important to some plotlines and some other characters. Therefore, I figured I'd just play out the rest of his life. And, for the most part, I've been having a very good time with him.

Yesterday, during a certain RPT *cough cough* my character came close to dying. I was thrilled, wondering whether he would live or die or what... When it was all over and done with, he pulled through, and I was filled with mixed dissapointment and relief. But, then, a terrifying thought hit me...

If he had in fact died, I'm not certain I would have been able to make another character!

You see, a long time ago my email account (the one my account name is under) was deleted. I created a new semi-permanent account on Yahoo, but for some reason, that has shut down as well. Not an enormous deal, but I just realized... When you apply for a new character, aren't you sent an important email, one way or the other? And therefore, without access to the email my account name is under, I won't be able to create any new characters, will I?

Am I correct in my thinking? And if so, is there any way around it? Couldn't the Imms contact me some other way? I mean, we have mudmail, my AIM name is up for all to see, and there is always the lovely private messaging feature on this board.

Whatever... In the meantime, I'll be very, very, VERY cautious as to what my current character is doing...

The paranoid character glances around, hefting an enormous sword up over his head.

The paranoid character says, in sirihish:
"Are you trying to kill me? Yes, yes I think you are trying to kill me! Yes, that proves it, you are! Die!"

The paranoid character slashes at the air in feral manner, foaming from the mouth.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

you can change your e-mail address in the main menu when you log on before you go to the "connect to your character' menu.

chang it while this characters still alive so when you have to make anew one youll already have a valid email addy

not sure where, but in the menu when you first log into your account... (like where you can find Imm mail addressed to you or something) there is an option to change your email. :-)
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

I usually see this option AFTER Im done playing, because after you connect to your account, you DISCONNECT from your character.  After that, some new options come up, including the list of all your characters. (little stroll down memory lane, there.)  Among those options is the one to change your email addy.

To answer your question, in any event, I havent been emailed by the MUD unless I email them first.  I connect to my character every few hours after his write up, and if I log in and see the new character's name there (connecting to Jimbob, welcome back, Jimbob) then Im ready to go into the waste and loot my corpse.  w00t!

5DL
You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany.  Except for maybe Allanak."

-Anonymous

Loot your corpse???  I hope not...that's bad RP, man.  Hell, by the time your next character has been approved, your first one should have decomposed.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Even if you don't change your email you can still connect to your knew character, but if it's denied you won't know why.

Your best bet is get a new email, and change the email thats on there.

The MUD does send an email when a character is accepted/denied but the accepted email isn't grandly important most of the time but might have a compliment/suggestion, or if it's denied(Haven't happened but it's my guess) It'll say why it was denied possible suggestions to change it and such.

Thats all,

Creeper the All-Knowing Know Nothing.
21sters Unite!

It's been a few weeks, and I just tried changing my address now... (my old e-mail is back briefly, but it's not working properly... Go figure...) and I'm afraid I don't see the change e-mail option anywhere. Help?
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
     "You are likely dead."

Connect to ginka.  Disconnect from your character. The menu that pops up at this point gives you other options.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Also, I believe that when you change your email a new password is sent to the email you put in.
I've been away from Zalanthas for some time, but I still think you all are kank shit. Don't worry, I'll come back and fix it up. By the way, has anyone found, like, water? This desert is getting old.

Be absolutely sure the new e-mail you type in is a functioning e-mail account, and is typed in exactly as it should be. A new Arm ACCOUNT password will be sent to this e-mail address, which you will be prompted for when next accessing your Arm account. If this e-mail never gets through, you will be locked out of your account entirely, and only the imms will be able to help you at that point.

Thanks guys. I got everything sorted out.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
     "You are likely dead."