Red Storm Ideas:

Started by BlackMagic0, April 15, 2010, 02:07:44 PM

Does RS need more love?

Yes...
70 (83.3%)
Never!
14 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 84

thoughts there was a spice buyer? In the kuraci building on the south end of the market.. I distinctly remember selling spice there.
Quote from: Cutthroat on August 22, 2009, 10:57:13 PMSo Eunoli Winrothol, Samos Rennik, and Thrain Ironsword walk into a bar. The Red Fang bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of my bar."

Quote from: askaran on April 15, 2010, 05:12:32 PM
thoughts there was a spice buyer? In the kuraci building on the south end of the market.. I distinctly remember selling spice there.

There is, and people are aware of it. They have been discussing -other- issues in the rest of this thread.  :)

April 15, 2010, 05:15:59 PM #27 Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 05:28:31 PM by Bast
Quote from: BlackMagic0 on April 15, 2010, 05:08:25 PM
Quote from: Qzzrbl on April 15, 2010, 05:04:01 PM
A lot of good stuff...
I personally wouldn't see giving Storm some TLC as "diluting the playerbase", but more as, "enriching the game world".

I agree here. Specially on the first part! Though this part left in the quote is the one I wanted to bold out from the rest.

Also this: It makes me sad to see that spice is less valuable then dung/poop, obsidian, and salt! Specially since all three those are fairly risk-free-easy-made-coin for a smart player.

Agreed as well. If you are playing a indy that for whatever reason doesn't want to go in or near the cities its really your option. It would also be very cool to see more pc skimmer crews and what not. Its really an interesting little town.

The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

A lot of good stuff...
I personally wouldn't see giving Storm some TLC as "diluting the playerbase", but more as, "enriching the game world".

I agree here. Specially on the first part! Though this part left in the quote is the one I wanted to bold out from the rest.

Also this: It makes me sad to see that spice is less valuable then dung/poop, obsidian, and salt! Specially since all three those are fairly risk-free-easy-made-coin for a smart player.

Maybe salt and dung grebbing is too profitable and payouts should be lower.

Quote from: Schrodingers Cat on April 15, 2010, 05:25:08 PM
A lot of good stuff...

Maybe salt and dung grebbing is too profitable and payouts should be lower.

Nobody would greb salt or dung if it were made less profitable than spice-- ever, if a change like that went in....

From my experience (and I -could- be doing it wrong) going out and sifting spice all day, ALL BEETLE AND BEASTY-DODGING DAY, would barely amount to enough to fill your waterskin and a couple of bites to eat.

I think sifting would be alot less painful if it were based more on forage, with a sifter just giving a bump to "forage spice".

Make spice so its more in line with obsidian mining and salt grebbing!

Why? Then would make it balanced, and you could actually get some water/food off of it!

Now with that said, Dung/Poop should never be near as profitable as the other three as you NEVER have to leave the city. Though its better then spice at the moment.
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Quote from: Qzzrbl on April 15, 2010, 05:29:02 PM

Nobody would greb salt or dung if it were made less profitable than spice-- ever, if a change like that went in....

It's hard to know what people would do.  I'm sure some would.  And I'm not suggesting it be made -less-profitable than sifting spice, just that it shouldn't be as profitable as it is now.

I think sifting would be alot less painful if it were based more on forage, with a sifter just giving a bump to "forage spice".

This. And a less harsh limit on sales per day.

Quote from: Akaramu on April 15, 2010, 05:38:05 PM

So... would this also require a deposit in the room?

If it would not... I would love this change.

As it is, since it doesn't require stamina but does require a deposit, I think it balances rather nicely, although it would be GREAT to see more deposits.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: Akaramu on April 15, 2010, 05:38:05 PM

Honestly. I prefer the deposits. I really like the deposits and having to go look for them. Now if were a few more deposits popping up about would help balance it in the huge range they seem to have.

And if a vendor which was like the House Jal's salt vendor (assume reasonable pricing) was put in, and we kept deposits. It'd balance it out most likely, since could not over forage and get a TON of 'sid.

Honestly with the demand for spice in Luirs you would think it would be more profitable. I like the jal/salt vendor idea. Drugs are normally sold on a bases of weight anyway  ;)
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

April 15, 2010, 05:48:20 PM #36 Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 05:51:20 PM by Agent_137
Quote from: Bast on April 15, 2010, 04:55:59 PM

I haven't done a lot of spice grebbing mainly because I spend more in water looking for it then I could ever profit from it. I have no idea how anyone could make enough just for food and water off spice hunting.

yet some do. it's as if by magick.
:-X

p.s.
I played a Kuraci Sand Master once. It was fun and I didn't retire the role for lack of interest in the role itself but instead for lack of play time. To be honest, Kurac seemed OOCly so happy to have a volunteer for the role that it was shamefully easy to get ICly. If you really love red storm I encourage someone to try for this role.

Quote from: Agent_137 on April 15, 2010, 05:48:20 PM
Quote from: Bast on April 15, 2010, 04:55:59 PM
I played a Kuraci Sand Master once.

They still do that? I've only seen/heard of it being done once.  :'( And it was a merchant of the house, I thought? Mm..

Also a vendor would still help, that would be a temp fix, not always going be someone willing to do a Kuraci Sand Master.

Quote from: BlackMagic0 on April 15, 2010, 05:59:03 PM
They still do that? I've only seen/heard of it being done once.

Only one way to find out.

Tangentially (and this is personal opinion only]), I'd prefer there to be some PC that handles Kuraci spice grebbing and bulk spice sales. My reason for this is that, in such a small place as Red Storm, having a PC handle spice would promote interaction that can be seriously lacking.

That said, I know that's not a solution to the problems surfacing in this thread.

I am 150% gung-ho seriously extremely over-the-toply in favor of more support for PC existence in Red Storm.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

it's always been my favorite slice of armageddon. I'll have to swing around and see if I can find some folks.

Quote from: Oleupata on April 15, 2010, 07:10:56 PM
Quote from: BlackMagic0 on April 15, 2010, 05:59:03 PM
They still do that? I've only seen/heard of it being done once.

Tangentially (and this is personal opinion only]), I'd prefer there to be some PC that handles Kuraci spice grebbing and bulk spice sales. My reason for this is that, in such a small place as Red Storm, having a PC handle spice would promote interaction that can be seriously lacking.

That said, I know that's not a solution to the problems surfacing in this thread.

I actually think this would be pretty cool.  If a Kuraci PC is buying spice, they would, in turn, have to push their drugz to the PC market for sale (or pass them on to an agent who does so).  This could do wonders for the PC spice trade. ;D  On a completely unrelated note, I always thought that it would be cool for Kuraci agents to try and lure in new clients with "free samples".  You could even make a mini-RPT event out of it...  You know, like wine tasting, only with spice?

I do have one concern about having a PC handle all that business though, and that's that it has a chance of really putting the off-peakers at a disadvantage, if they can't log on at the same time as said PC.  Also, given the low PC population of Red Storm, I'd expect a pretty high turnover rate for the role due to boredom (unless they travel, but then the spice hunters would have to do a lot of planning just to catch the "spice dealer" in time to sell their product). So, like most ideas, the benefits would need to be weighed against the drawbacks.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Guess the only real way to find out is by emailing the merchant house imms!

How would one go about that, anyway? Would they need to be a Kurac merchant or agent?
Special app?
Can a commoner get a job doing it, being hired by them?

Though a PC would be awesome, if we could have one all the time. Though seems its once in a blue moon. :'(

blackmagic, in my experience, any of those methods could work. Only a Kurac IMM or Agent could speak to the most efficient path.

Quote from: BlackMagic0 on April 15, 2010, 08:54:05 PM

Guess the only real way to find out is by emailing the merchant house imms!

How would one go about that, anyway? Would they need to be a Kurac merchant or agent?
Special app?
Can a commoner get a job doing it, being hired by them?

Though a PC would be awesome, if we could have one all the time. Though seems its once in a blue moon. :'(

They would just say:

Quote from: General Merchant Houses staff
Find out ic.
-- Person A OOCs: I totally forgot if everyone is okay with the adult-rated emotes and so forth?

-- Person B OOCs: Does this count as sex or torture? I can't tell.

-- Person A OOCs: I'm going to flip coins now to decide.

April 15, 2010, 11:42:29 PM #45 Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 02:14:20 AM by BlackMagic0
Either way!

Their still a few issues with red storm needing lovings. With or without Sand Masters.

Vendor would be nice for when is not one, make it possible at least- not impossible anymore.
And think was a flat no to more apartments, though maybe to making the cheaper.

So....  Anymore comments and concerns? Or ideas? From folks?

I'm highly in favor of more apartments!!!

Quote from: Bast on April 16, 2010, 12:53:08 AM
I'm highly in favor of more apartments!!!

If you're struggling to find an apartment to call your own, you should consider "forcibly evicting" an existing tenant.  Permanently.  ;)
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

I wonder how many "existing tenants" are actually dead already.  300 IC days is a pretty long time.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on April 16, 2010, 01:02:38 AM
I wonder how many "existing tenants" are actually dead already.  300 IC days is a pretty long time.

Yeah, man.  That's like, just shy of nineteen real life days, which, given the character mortality rate, might be too long to wait before your own character bites the dust.