Mounts, saving, and stables

Started by GruntNPoint, July 07, 2003, 01:50:51 AM

I'm a bit of a newbie to this game, but I had a question about mounts. Also if the question's answer happenned to be "no", then I was wondering if there was any plans for change. When you stable a kank, if there is anything packed on it, does your mount save the items that are packed on it?!? I was thinking about purchasing items to store on my kank, and keep on my kank, but I don't want to lose it all if I decide to stable him. If mounts don't save with items packed to them, does anyone feel that maybe there should be allowances for this?
Beyond all good and evil lies North Dakota"

Grunt N. Point

IIRC, you can't stable your mount if anything is packed on it.  And as I see it, that's the way it should be.  In a world where people don't have many personal positions, I can't see them wanting to leave some of their stuff in the care of stablehands.

~Drunken Salarr, who knows that if Zalanthans could read, there would be a sign in the stables reading "Not responsible for lost or stolen items."
When we found her Marnlee mornin',
Hoofprints walking up her back
There were empties by her war braids
And sixty-five dead carru in a stack.

~ Unknown - Heru Got Runover by a Carru

That is a way to look at it. I totally agree with you. I was just curious. In the last mud that I played on, you had to buy reins and saddles seperately. We had a lot of problems with these items disappearing when you would stable your mount. So, they made it possible to save items on your mounts. I noticed that you didn't really have to buy those items here, but you could buy saddlebags. I just wanted to know before I went and invested in that, if I would be able to stable my mount and expect to see saddlebags on it when I went to get it back? I can't agree that if I packed a whole bunch of stuff on my mount that I expected it to be there when I got back. There were just a few items I saw that hinted that it was possible.
Beyond all good and evil lies North Dakota"

Grunt N. Point

Saddle bags and such can be used on mounts, but are generally removed once you stable it. They come in very handy despite this, however. You can use them to hold food and spare weapons when travelling, and such.

I think the main OOC reason people aren't allowed to save items on their mounts is because there would be too much abuse of it... People could have one kank to ride, and another to be a walking 'bank' of sorts. It'd just get kinda cheap.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

On a side note, read 'help pack' to find out more about packing up a mount.  You can pack just about any container on a mount, but you have to unpack it to put more stuff in the container, then repack it.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.